Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks



Our heroes so far:

pixaal posted:


Froglok Ranger

Strength: 15
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 17
Dexterity: 17
Agility: 13
Constitution: 17
Presence: 13

A large black tarantula, with lots of hairs all over her body. She will add 1 point to your initiative roll, among other things perhaps- because she will warn you of danger.

-An scroll that's sealed in wax with the letters "IOU" printed on it for a pair of axes.

nut posted:

Human Bard

rolled 11, 13, 18 (as four 2s), 14, 12, 11, 15 (re-rolled a 10) and assigned as following:


Strength = 11

Intelligence = 13

Wisdom = 12

Dexterity = 14

Agility = 15

Constitution = 11

Presence = 18

Clothing of Comfort

Mandolin of Musical Wishes


Stoner Sloth posted:

Name: Tak'Chka (goes by just Tak)
Race: Thri-Kreen (red eyed assassin bug)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Criminal (hired killer)
Height: 2.2 m (7 ft 2 inches) but usually hunches down to between 1.8 and 2 metres (6 - 6ft 6 inches)
Weight: 125 kg (275.5 lbs)
Age: 7 (5-6+ is adult for Thri-Kreen, maximum life span 35)

Class: Assassin/Battle Master
Level: 3/3

Str: 15 (+2)
Int: 15 (+2)
Wis: 18 (+4)
Dex: 20 (+5)
Agl: 20 (+5)
Con: 15 (+2)
Pre: 6 (-2)

HP: 55
AC: 13 natural armor + 5 agility bonus = 18

Abilities;
Racial:
-Chameleon Carapace. Thri-Kreen can change the color of its carapace to match its surroundings. Therefore, Thri-kreen roll with Advantage whenever they use their Stealth skill.
-Speed. Base walking speed is 40
-Sleepless. Thri-Kreen don't require sleep. Immune to sleep spells.
-Standing Leap. 30 feet long jump, 15 foot high jump base. Advantage on athletics rolls for jumping.
-Multiple Limbs. Unlike humanoids, Thri-Kreen have two sets of arms, meaning they can wield two additional one-handed weapons, or one additional two-handed weapon.
-Poisoned Bite. 1d6 piercing damage, constitution save or poisoned. If the roll fails by 5 or more target is paralyzed. Target gets a saving throw every turn to negate.
-Claws. 2d4 slashing damage.
-Darkvision. 60ft.
-Natural armor. Can't wear most humanoid armor but base AC is 13 + Agl bonus.
-Reduced need for food and water.

Class; Battle Master:
-Second Wind. Heal 1d10 + fighter level as a bonus action. 1 x per short rest.
-Action Surge. 1 extra action. 1 x per short rest.
-Fighting Style: Archery. +2 to hit with ranged combat attacks.
-Maneuvers: Precision Attack, Menacing Attack, Trip Attack. 4 x d8 superiority dice.

Class; Assassin:
-Assassinate. Gain advantage on any attack against any enemy that hasn't taken a turn in the combat yet. Any hit you deal against a creature that is surprised is an automatic critical.
-Proficiency. Poisoner's and disguise kits.
-Thieves Cant.
-Expertise. Thieves tool kit and Stealth.
-Sneak attack. Can be used once per turn on any attack which Tak has the advantage. 2d6.
-Cunning Action. Dash, disengage or hide as a bonus action.

Skills/Proficiences:
-Athletics
-Acrobatics
-Stealth (criminal background)
-Perception
-Deception (criminal background)
-Sleight of Hand
-Perception
-Tracking

Feats:
-Deflect Arrows (Thri-Kreen bonus)
-Crossbow Expert

Inventory:
-Hooded Greatcoat of Invisibility
-Assault Vest of Holding
-+2 Boots of Elven Kind
-+2 Ring of Regeneration
-+3 Cursed Heavy Crossbow of Holding
-2-handed Crossbow
-2 x 1-handed Crossbow + Holsters
-4 x Daggers
-Thieves Tools
-Burglar's Pack
-Deck of Cards
-Pouch containing 15 gp

Background Feature: Criminal Contact

Languages Spoken: Common, Insectoid

Special Bonus:
-Foresight

Tak grew up as a survivor of the destruction of his band of clutch-mates. Born as part of a large clutch into a particularly harsh environment, of the 120 born only 20 remained by age four. These juvenile Thri-Kreen were slaughtered by local militia after they were blamed, falsely, for stealing and eating a human infant. Tak was the only survivor. Unable to sustain his previous nomadic existence without his clutch-mates and forced to eke out an existence in an uncaring city as an young refugee, he soon turned to a life of crime as his only means of survival.

His natural talent and instinct for hunting became twisted to stealthily and ruthlessly applying lethal violence when necessary saw him take to being a hitman for the criminal underworld from a very early age, before he was even full grown. He is known to be fickle about his reasons for taking a job, sometimes choosing to take jobs that aren't on paper worth his time for reasons of his own but once he has accepted a job then he is absolutely reliable - he'll complete the contract or die trying under just about any imaginable circumstances.

He recently was tasked with a job by a corrupt local official to assassinate a young man who was trying to bring down the official due to their ties with organized criminals who had murdered the rest of the man's family simply because his younger sister witnessed a meeting between the official and a notorious gangster. After neutralizing the man's town guard protecting the man, Tak confronted him and was surprised when the man didn't plead for his life but instead resigned himself to his fate and asked one thing of Tak, that he would end the life of the official in revenge for the murder of his sister. He offered his last copper coin in advance.

Tak took the coin, and then the young man's life. Returning with his head as required, he took his payment in the form of a powerful new crossbow he'd been promised. Picking the weapon up as he listened to the man, drunk, arrogant and boastful now that this threat to his station had been removed. He insisted on seeing the head and when it was presented the official laughed ghoulishly, a laugh cut off when Tak loaded and pointed the crossbow bolt at him. "Wait, we had a deal!" the man whined. "That contract has been completed. Now I have another." the insect replied without trace of emotion.

The official just had time to mutter an odd, foreign sounding word before a crossbow bolt pierced his throat. Tak felt a wave of strangeness wash over him emanating from the crossbow as the official bubbled and gurgled, drowning on his own blood and unable to cry out for help. Trying to stash the weapon as he turned to leave, Tak found a strange compulsion that wouldn't let him set it down even for a moment.

Tak turned invisible and slipped out into the night. He was now faced with a new and unfamiliar problem in the form of a curse as well as the pressing need to travel to avoid the fall out and heat from the job but, as always, he continued on without regret.



Personality trait: Always calm, no matter the situation. Tak never raises his voice or let emotion control him.

Ideal: People; Tak is loyal to his friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all he cares. Unfortunately he does not make friends quickly or easily.

Bond: Tak aims to become the greatest assassin that ever lived.

Flaw: An innocent person is in jail for a murder Tak committed. He is okay with that.

Quirk: Meticulous on details and highly organized, particularly with his gear.

Trivia: Tak has never seen the ocean.

Heather Papps posted:

so with mods

Strength: 18
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom:14
Dexterity: 14
Agility:13
Constitution: 19
Presence: 12

class = fighthaving poison green draconid dude named "Heather Snapps"
likes: swamps, swimming, having a fight
dislikes: mean cats, chairs without tailholes, not having a fight

okay so i'm imagining a pretty big two handed axe, given Heather Snapps's size, so like an old time hobo
with a bindle there's a sorta leather rucksack that i hang from the end of my axe that hides that it's an axe
and also contains the following items: a bell, a very shiny rock, rope.

biosterous posted:

rounding things up in one post!

name: Llany (because weak puns)
5th Level Mad Artificer. You can make things on the run. Your imagination is your spell book, a 20-sided die
your laboratory. You have to roll a 12 or higher on a D20 to do most things, with bonuses awarded to that roll
depending on the situation and your initiative rolls, etc.

You have 55 hit points, and an AC of -3. This is more for my notes, don't worry too much about it. You're going to blow up. A LOT.

You look like a pangolin, you are in fact a Draconid/Halfling hybrid, with 2 arms, 2 legs, and an armadillo back.

Labcoat of Lycanthropic Regeneration with 2 Pockets of Holding (4 cubic feet of storage space each)

+5 Glasses of Protection

Amulet of Draconid Skin

pronounce it lanny or yanny, he doesn't really mind either way!

Strength: 14
Intelligence: 17
Wisdom: 10
Dexterity: 14
Agility: 15
Constitution: 16
Presence: 13


take the moon posted:

def wanna play:



strength: 12
presence: 14
wisdom: 16
intelligence: 15
agility: 12
dexterity: 14
constitution: 12

can i be like a baby floppy eared sage guy from final fantasy tactics advance

edit to swap a stat around

magic cactus posted:

I'll play if there is still room, if not just make me a cursed item or something.

STR:12

PRE:12

WIS:16

INT:17

AG:12

DEX:15

CON:15

make me something ultra-useless like a loremaster lmao


Guest stars:

alnilam posted:

Dibs on being an NPC pls

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Yes i would love to contribute around the edges as well if there is space for it

Goons Are Great posted:

Can I be a bearded NPC? Not any particular one, but I think a beard is necessary, no matter who or what I may portray, even or actually especially if a beard makes no sense.
Beards tell the best stories.

Twenty Four posted:

alnilam" post="503914526 posted:

Dibs on being an NPC pls


mostly because I can't promise committing time being busy with work lately without knowing how much time will be needed to not screw this up, but I would love to still be slightly involved as that would make me happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

After a good night's sleep, the Party is well rested. You meet up in the inn's common room, sit down for a simple but excellent breakfast, and get ready to head out for Ft. Wunny.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Whoops! I forgot to unlock the thread

Stoner Sloth


>Tak enjoys the live breakfast, once again rapidly consuming everything but the skin of whatever poor animal meets this at least fortunately brief fate. Before we leave there are a couple of less shady items that Tak adds to the already long list of equipment to make sure the party is hopefully prepared for most eventualities they might encounter. They're normal, non-illegal ones though, just a couple of sources of ignition - namely flint and steeel, a waterproof, sealed tinderbox and a number of boxes of waterproof matches.

>Tak will also discreetly check with criminal contacts if there are any assassination jobs targeting other would be ruin explorers and with the barkeep to see if there is anything that they or the owner would like us to retrieve or accomplish in Fort Wunny, never hurts to achieve more than one goal in a single journey, and then make ready to leave with the others on their voyage into the unknown!

>"Once everyone has done everything they need, let's get heading to the Fort." the hooded killer comments to the rest of the party upon finishing up the last of the preparations.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak enjoys the live breakfast, once again rapidly consuming everything but the skin of whatever poor animal meets this at least fortunately brief fate. Before we leave there are a couple of less shady items that Tak adds to the already long list of equipment to make sure the party is hopefully prepared for most eventualities they might encounter. They're normal, non-illegal ones though, just a couple of sources of ignition - namely flint and steeel, a waterproof, sealed tinderbox and a number of boxes of waterproof matches.

>Tak will also discreetly check with criminal contacts if there are any assassination jobs targeting other would be ruin explorers and with the barkeep to see if there is anything that they or the owner would like us to retrieve or accomplish in Fort Wunny, never hurts to achieve more than one goal in a single journey, and then make ready to leave with the others on their voyage into the unknown!

>"Once everyone has done everything they need, let's get heading to the Fort." the hooded killer comments to the rest of the party upon finishing up the last of the preparations.

Roll percentage dice, double-high.

What this means is if you roll a 23, it's a 32- if you roll a 49 it's a 94- the highest number of 2 10-sided dice is the "tens" number (the barkeep seems to have taken a liking to you. That may or may not be good...)

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Roll percentage dice, double-high.

What this means is if you roll a 23, it's a 32- if you roll a 49 it's a 94- the highest number of 2 10-sided dice is the "tens" number (the barkeep seems to have taken a liking to you. That may or may not be good...)

89 so... 98?



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

89 so... 98?

The barkeep reaches under the bar and tosses you something. It's an object it's a box of wooden matches. "Dirty Dorg's" is emblazoned on it, in red letters. There are 20 wooden matches inside. Non-magical, although they have been coated in wax, to waterproof them somewhat. that you quickly figure out how to use. You have 18 matches left....

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The barkeep reaches under the bar and tosses you something. It's an object it's a box of wooden matches. "Dirty Dorg's" is emblazoned on it, in red letters. There are 20 wooden matches inside. Non-magical, although they have been coated in wax, to waterproof them somewhat. that you quickly figure out how to use. You have 18 matches left....

>Tak effortlessly catches the matches as the barkeep tosses them to him. "Thank you." comes the response from beneath the hood of the greatcoat after a few moments pause, emotionless and still weirdly alien but the more astute of the party can probably tell that the assassin seems genuinely appreciative towards the barkeep for all of their help. "If there is anything I can do to repay you hospitality, would be happy to oblige... friend." Tak adds after another long moment of consideration before adding this last bit, it's clear that the hooded one doesn't make friends easily or often but seems to respect the barkeep. Perhaps the real adventure is the friends we make along the way after all!



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

biosterous




on his way out the door, Llany pauses for a moment and fumbles in one of his pockets. he pulls out a scrap of paper and hands it to the barkeeper

"i had some Ideas this morning about some new drinks you could make here? you can use some of the meat drippings from your menu items to make these drinks" (he gestures to the paper) "much more potent for only a small increase in material cost! also if you filter these drinks" (he points at another list) "through any spare orcs livers you've got, the drinks don't actually lose any potency, pick up some interesting flavours worth Experimenting with, and then the orc livers are a lot more tender!"

he blinks for a moment, flips the paper over and quickly scribbles a diagram on it. some kind of reverse osmosis setup?

"also this idea isn't done but here's a picture and maybe you can finish it, thank you for your hospitality!"

biosterous fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 15, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

on his way out the door, Llany pauses for a moment and fumbles in one of his pockets. he pulls out a scrap of paper and hands it to the barkeeper

"i had some Ideas this morning about some new drinks you could make here? you can use some of the meat drippings from your menu items to make these drinks" (he gestures to the paper) "much more potent for only a small increase in material cost! also if you filter these drinks" (he points at another list) "through any spare orcs livers you've got, the drinks don't actually lose any potency, pick up some interesting flavours worth Experimenting with, and then the orc livers are a lot more tender!"

he blinks for a moment, flips the paper over and quickly scribbles a diagram on it. some kind of reverse osmosis setup?

"also this idea isn't done but here's a picture and maybe you can finish it, thank you for your hospitality!"

Roll a 20

biosterous




six!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 15, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks


The barkeep squints at your note, turns it 90 degrees, squints at it some more, grunts to himself while putting the note in his pocket and says "thanks..." as he waves the Party goodbye

take the moon



my as yet unnamed avatar has emerged from a sleep of vivid and confusing dreams. he is totally focused on sorting them out in his head and appears oblivious to those around him. he is furiously trying to divine some meaning from his sagey dreams and may bump into someone while lost in thought which would be unfortunate???

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

take the moon posted:

my as yet unnamed avatar has emerged from a sleep of vivid and confusing dreams. he is totally focused on sorting them out in his head and appears oblivious to those around him. he is furiously trying to divine some meaning from his sagey dreams and may bump into someone while lost in thought which would be unfortunate???

Everyone present roll a 20!

take the moon



lol

1

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks




When the rest of the Party meets downstairs and just before they head out, the Nu Mou stumbles down the stairs in a seeming daze, a strange aura of scintillating colors and varying shades and patterns of mists surrounding their form; they appear to be dreamwalking. They turn toward the group, then; last second- stumble and trip into the barkeep.

Dorg's eyes glaze over, then they charge up with every color of the rainbow, and just as suddenly as it happened, his eyes clear up and return to their usual steely gray. He grunts, turns behind him to collect a few things from behind the bar, and looks at the group with a fairly disconcerting, wicked smile-

"Looks like we're going on an a d v e n t u r e!" he says, putting on a strange hat with a bunch of fishing hooks stuck in it.

The barkeep rolled a 2.

Dirty Dorg has joined the Party!

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone present roll a 20!

10


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:



When the rest of the Party meets downstairs and just before they head out, the Nu Mou stumbles down the stairs in a seeming daze, a strange aura of scintillating colors and varying shades and patterns of mists surrounding their form; they appear to be dreamwalking. They turn toward the group, then; last second- stumble and trip into the barkeep.

Dorg's eyes glaze over, then they charge up with every color of the rainbow, and just as suddenly as it happened, his eyes clear up and return to their usual steely gray. He grunts, turns behind him to collect a few things from behind the bar, and looks at the group with a fairly disconcerting, wicked smile-

"Looks like we're going on an a d v e n t u r e!" he says, putting on a strange hat with a bunch of fishing hooks stuck in it.

The barkeep rolled a 2.

Dirty Dorg has joined the Party!



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks


Re-roll the 10

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 30, 2020

Stoner Sloth



20

e: if that needs to be rerolled i got a 16

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 30, 2020



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

20

e: if that needs to be rerolled i got a 16

Give yourself another Adventuring check. Also, add +1 to your intelligence saving throw.

I sent you a PM as well!



Sig by City of Glompton and God Speed John Glenn, two awesome BYOB people!

biosterous




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone present roll a 20!

15!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 15, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks


Dorg the Barkeep is coming along with you, you feel pretty darn good about that!

Stoner Sloth


>Tak seems quietly reflective about something but not in bad spirits at this news, seeming to have taken a liking - in as much as it is possible to tell - to the barkeep. The hooded assassin offers to help the newest group member gather any stuff they want to take with them, if anything, and makes ready to get heading.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak seems quietly reflective about something but not in bad spirits at this news, seeming to have taken a liking - in as much as it is possible to tell - to the barkeep. The hooded assassin offers to help the newest group member gather any stuff they want to take with them, if anything, and makes ready to get heading.

Do you disclose the fact that you have a crossbow and/or bag of holding?

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Do you disclose the fact that you have a crossbow and/or bag of holding?

(Yeah, Tak will disclose the fact that he has the assault vest of holding and that he also has a crossbow of holding but that it's cursed so he usually just fills it up with crossbow bolts of different types. Tak figures it's best to be upfront with that so the group can make use of it if necessary)



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

(Yeah, Tak will disclose the fact that he has the assault vest of holding and that he also has a crossbow of holding but that it's cursed so he usually just fills it up with crossbow bolts of different types. Tak figures it's best to be upfront with that so the group can make use of it if necessary)

After you disclose this information to Dorg, he says "Oh, well THAT'S convenient!" and motions the group to follow him. Dorg has anyone who is willing to lend a hand, and directs everyone to the kitchen. There are long boards, 5 feel long but only about 2 feet wide, 6 in all- pre-filled covered up and piled somewhat high with food stuffs and some other things.

Dorg intends to stuff them all inside your crossbow...

To the amusement of everyone, each board slides right into the crossbow space, filling it up nicely with a variety of fresh food, drink, medical supplies, and some other things you didn't dare to ask about, because none of you have ever seen a rocket launcher before.


"Now I think we're ready to do this thing!" Dorg says. At that, the Party heads out the door. You walk out to the road, head South, and journey toward the ruins of Fort Wunny.

Everyone roll a 20!

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

After you disclose this information to Dorg, he says "Oh, well THAT'S convenient!" and motions the group to follow him. Dorg has anyone who is willing to lend a hand, and directs everyone to the kitchen. There are long boards, 5 feel long but only about 2 feet wide, 6 in all- pre-filled covered up and piled somewhat high with food stuffs and some other things.

Dorg intends to stuff them all inside your crossbow...

To the amusement of everyone, each board slides right into the crossbow space, filling it up nicely with a variety of fresh food, drink, medical supplies, and some other things you didn't dare to ask about, because none of you have ever seen a rocket launcher before.


"Now I think we're ready to do this thing!" Dorg says. At that, the Party heads out the door. You walk out to the road, head South, and journey toward the ruins of Fort Wunny.

Everyone roll a 20!

(rolled a 15)

>Tak seems to be okay with this or at least doesn't complain and actively assists the process. Tak waits until the group is on the road before offering to take point, perhaps in addition to our ranger?, moving ahead of the group and scoping things out is slightly more comfortable for the hooded killer given a higher than human speed.

>The assassin will do this while invisible and make use of stealth and camouflage so as not to make any potential encounters aware of the groups presence.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

biosterous




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

After you disclose this information to Dorg, he says "Oh, well THAT'S convenient!" and motions the group to follow him. Dorg has anyone who is willing to lend a hand, and directs everyone to the kitchen. There are long boards, 5 feel long but only about 2 feet wide, 6 in all- pre-filled covered up and piled somewhat high with food stuffs and some other things.

Dorg intends to stuff them all inside your crossbow...

To the amusement of everyone, each board slides right into the crossbow space, filling it up nicely with a variety of fresh food, drink, medical supplies, and some other things you didn't dare to ask about, because none of you have ever seen a rocket launcher before.


"Now I think we're ready to do this thing!" Dorg says. At that, the Party heads out the door. You walk out to the road, head South, and journey toward the ruins of Fort Wunny.

Everyone roll a 20!

1! heck

(wait was 1 a reroll number? if so, next number is 18)

on his way out of the kitchen Llany sees if he can grab some common kitchen chemicals, like vinegar and baking soda and salt!

(19 if you want a roll for this)

biosterous fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 15, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

1! heck

(wait was 1 a reroll number? if so, next number is 18)

on his way out of the kitchen Llany sees if he can grab some common kitchen chemicals, like vinegar and baking soda and salt!

(19 if you want a roll for this)

It's raining outside, rather heavily. You were able to grab some vinegar, salt, and baking soda however

nut


(Jesus sorry I missed this thread—I’ll catch up later today)

nut


Buddy tiptoes down the stairs in the morning, freezing on the last step by the doorway upon hearing the familiar sounds of Tak slurping down a woodland creature from the night before. He shudders and sighs deeply before rounding the corner with a bright smile on his face. Tipping his hat to Llany at the bar he chuckles a, "howdy" before pulling up his own seat and ordering two ales to start the day.

Buddy sips his breakfast while watching the ongoings, muttering beneath the rim of his stetson while he watches Dorg gear up, "hehehe, that's a silly hat".

He stumbles out of the tavern along with the rest of the party, yawning and idly strumming away as the mood takes him.

take the moon



Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone roll a 20!


9

nut


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone roll a 20!

16

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




16
(wow that caterpillar had some strong stuff it knocked me out for almost a week)


thanks everyone for posting, but six and vanisher especially!!!

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone roll a 20!


Stoner Sloth posted:

(rolled a 15)

(welcome back nut and HP! )



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

As the Party leaves Dirty Dorg's, the bar begins to fade out of sight. A bat flits out from under an eave, landing on Heather Snapp's shoulder where it falls asleep.

It's raining outside, rather hard. Dorg looks around with a grim look on his face and says out loud to no one in particular "Welp, we can't have none of DIS goin' on fer too long now, can we." no one seems to have an argument for the point,. Looking at Tak, Dorg asks him to pull out the crossbow where everything was loaded into. "I loaded up sumpin' SPECIAL for dis kinda ting," he says, gesturing at the lousy weather around you.

Dorg reached into the crossbow for a bit, rummaging around it's interdimensional space until he found what he was looking for. "Ah, here it is!" he says, as he pulls out a 7 foot long pole that was wrapped with a black fabric. Unwrapping the fabric, a muffled snap! sound was heard as the pole quickly fanned out into a very large umbrella that covered the party with ease, protecting them from the elements. The wind wasn't even howling beneath it!

"Alright, I tink we're all set den!" he says, satisfied with his labors. "We got about a day an a half of dis crap, no way omma deal wit dis sh... shtuff." The South Road was a day and a half or so Dorg had mentioned yesterday to the two people who left, then Fort Wunny would be down the road and on the right.


Everyone roll a 20, remembering to reroll 1s, 10s and 20s...

Stoner Sloth


>Tak complies with the barkeeps request without hesitation, the hooded killer not seeming bothered by the weather by willing to make the journey more pleasant for less stoic party members.

>Once the umbrella shelter is unfurled, Tak keeps to the front edge of it, returning to invisibility and continuing to keep a watch out for any signs of trouble in the surrounding area.

(rolled a 10 followed by a 19)



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

biosterous




although he appreciates Dorg's kind gesture, Llany would actually prefer walking in the rain, so he hangs back a few feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNQg1AS_94U#t=160s

> rolling 1d20: 7

biosterous fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 15, 2020

nut


The weather doesn't seem to bother Buddy all that much. Really the only change you notice is that his idle plucking away has gotten a little happier and a delicate hum escapes from behind his bushy moustache beneath the mighty umbrella's protection.

rolled a 14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

After a day and a half of travelling the weather eases up and the mighty umbrella is folded up and returned to storage. The South Road is where it was promised to have been, and the Party heads right. The Ruins of Fort Wunny are ahead about 5 hours.

Everyone roll a 20...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«8 »