Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Post
  • Reply
nut


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

After a day and a half of travelling the weather eases up and the mighty umbrella is folded up and returned to storage. The South Road is where it was promised to have been, and the Party heads right. The Ruins of Fort Wunny are ahead about 5 hours.

Everyone roll a 20...

7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




12

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 5, 2020

biosterous




16!

biosterous fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 15, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks



The Ruins of Fort Wunny lie before you. How will you enter?

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

After a day and a half of travelling the weather eases up and the mighty umbrella is folded up and returned to storage. The South Road is where it was promised to have been, and the Party heads right. The Ruins of Fort Wunny are ahead about 5 hours.

Everyone roll a 20...

(12)


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:



The Ruins of Fort Wunny lie before you. How will you enter?

>Tak will stealthily scout the possible entrances invisible before reporting back to the group - making use of his skills as an assassin to try to spot any traps or ambushes while hopefully avoiding being detected before reporting his findings back to the group so they can make an informed decision.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

(12)


>Tak will stealthily scout the possible entrances invisible before reporting back to the group - making use of his skills as an assassin to try to spot any traps or ambushes while hopefully avoiding being detected before reporting his findings back to the group so they can make an informed decision.

Give me 3 20-sided rolls, observing any reroll rules and one percentage dice roll.

Could everyone please remember to turn off your sigs from now on, to avoid clutter in the thread. Thank you in advance!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Tak disappears, slipping into the shadows to scout ahead. The Party awaits his return...

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




i am thinking about my bell, gonna unwrap my bindle-axe and pocket my rock/bell, loop the rope around my chest bandolier style, wait for the tak report


thanks everyone for posting, but six and vanisher especially!!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Heather Papps posted:

i am thinking about my bell, gonna unwrap my bindle-axe and pocket my rock/bell, loop the rope around my chest bandolier style, wait for the tak report

Roll a 20...

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 4, 2020

nut


Buddy freezes looking up at the Fort, a shudder waving through his legs.

His posture straightens as he mutters to his colleagues, “That fort’s looking fixed with mildew—I don’t get on well with mildew...”

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

nut posted:

Buddy freezes looking up at the Fort, a shudder waving through his legs.

His posture straightens as he mutters to his colleagues, “That fort’s looking fixed with mildew—I don’t get on well with mildew...”

Roll a 20...

Heather Papps


hello internet friend





3


thanks everyone for posting, but six and vanisher especially!!!

nut



17!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks


The bat shivers in fear being near this place.


nut posted:

Buddy freezes looking up at the Fort, a shudder waving through his legs.

His posture straightens as he mutters to his colleagues, “That fort’s looking fixed with mildew—I don’t get on well with mildew...”

You're alright with mildew. it's the unmistakable stench of evil and deep-rooted, seeped-into-the-stones curses that seem to be everywhere that makes you shudder. You sure do wish you had some cheerful music to lighten up the place though...

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Give me 3 20-sided rolls, observing any reroll rules and one percentage dice roll.

Could everyone please remember to turn off your sigs from now on, to avoid clutter in the thread. Thank you in advance!

(12, 9, 20 + 17 and 76)

nut


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The bat shivers in fear being near this place.


You're alright with mildew. it's the unmistakable stench of evil and deep-rooted, seeped-into-the-stones curses that seem to be everywhere that makes you shudder. You sure do wish you had some cheerful music to lighten up the place though...

Buddy’s fingers falter, awkwardly plucking out an assortment of discordant notes, “God, I hate mildew”

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




nut posted:

Buddy’s fingers falter, awkwardly plucking out an assortment of discordant notes, “God, I hate mildew”

"smells like home."

also, imma try and comfort my batfriend

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 5, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Heather Papps posted:

"smells like home."

also, imma try and comfort my batfriend

You sooth your friend so they no longer shiver.


nut posted:

Buddy’s fingers falter, awkwardly plucking out an assortment of discordant notes, “God, I hate mildew”

Your playing is no longer nearly as good as it was...

Stoner Sloth posted:

(12, 9, 20 + 17 and 76)

You find some traps and disarm them. They were old, but still very formidable. Someone has been here recently and dispatched the trap near the top entrance as shown in the image. You suspect it may have been the two people in the inn the night before you left Dorg's. You also find a Jade Key.

Add 1 level to your Find Traps skill.

Stoner Sloth


>Taking the Jade Key, after carefully checking to make sure it's not rigged to any other traps, Tak rapidly rejoins the rest to relay the information he has gained from scouting the entrances.

>"Found us a way in. Was trapped, clear now." the hooded killer comments after de-invisibilizing, pausing before adding "Looks like a trap at the top entrance has been dealt with. Maybe the two adventurers from the inn last night?" in Tak's usual oddly clicking and alien tones.

>"And found this." the assassin displays the key, having thought it over and come to the conclusion that the groups best chance of survival is working together and sharing information.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




can i look at this key. i like keys!


thanks everyone for posting, but six and vanisher especially!!!

biosterous




Llany takes some vials of stuff and tries to mix them to make a nice scent that covers up all the mildew-and-evil smell

(12)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

Llany takes some vials of stuff and tries to mix them to make a nice scent that covers up all the mildew-and-evil smell

(12)

The mildew and evil taint are subdued somewhat by a lemony fresh scent.


Heather Papps posted:

can i look at this key. i like keys!

The key is rather large and somewhat heavy, it's about 5 inches long, half an inch thick, and is surprisingly warm to the touch.

nut


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The mildew and evil taint are subdued somewhat by a lemony fresh scent.

Buddy flashes a golden grin to Llany, "Well how 'bout that lil' pardner" he sniffs a couple times in succession, "ya'll smell like some clean hardwood"

His strumming picks up a little bit to produce a jaunty tune.

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The key is rather large and somewhat heavy, it's about 5 inches long, half an inch thick, and is surprisingly warm to the touch.

"this might be one of the best keys i have ever encountered! did you encounter a jade lock?"

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 5, 2020

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The mildew and evil taint are subdued somewhat by a lemony fresh scent.


The key is rather large and somewhat heavy, it's about 5 inches long, half an inch thick, and is surprisingly warm to the touch.

>Tak gives a thumbs up sign of approval to Llany as the foul stench of the place is lessened. Looking over to Heather Snapps, the assassin replies "No sign of a lock for it so far. Probably inside the fort? Key feels warm to the touch, magic perhaps?

>Once the others have made ready, Tak will take point as we head in - quietly appreciating Buddy's music but wanting to move enough ahead of it that it distracts any approaching critters from Tak's silenced, invisible approach enough to give him the advantage while also giving the hooded killer time to disable any traps that are encountered before they endanger the group.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




"if you take point i'll be the.... tail?"
(as the joke is made i turn slightly and waggle my tail)

biosterous




on the approach, Llany takes some time to study the architecture. anything weird? particularly foreboding? any spots that look like they could easily be... displaced, with maybe some... chemical persuasion? or the explosive kind, y'know, just in case?

(13 to check out architecture)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak gives a thumbs up sign of approval to Llany as the foul stench of the place is lessened. Looking over to Heather Snapps, the assassin replies "No sign of a lock for it so far. Probably inside the fort? Key feels warm to the touch, magic perhaps?

>Once the others have made ready, Tak will take point as we head in - quietly appreciating Buddy's music but wanting to move enough ahead of it that it distracts any approaching critters from Tak's silenced, invisible approach enough to give him the advantage while also giving the hooded killer time to disable any traps that are encountered before they endanger the group.

When you returned to the group you had to be pretty close to the group before you heard Buddy's music. The place is certtainly oppressive, and seems to deaden sound- but you also suspect there is some sort of magic going on with his music.


Heather Papps posted:

"if you take point i'll be the.... tail?"
(as the joke is made i turn slightly and waggle my tail)

A large bat is fast asleep at the end of the tail despite the wiggling, and to the surprise of Heather Snapps and the rest of you. So THAT's where it hides!

The way to the top entrance is still clear. The door is unlocked, untrapped, and unguarded. Tak enters first, and after a brief but tense moment, reappears and motions the Party to enter into the corridor. The hallway is empty, lined with masonry and runs around 100 feet where a door is on the right, and the hallway continues on a good distance further still.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

on the approach, Llany takes some time to study the architecture. anything weird? particularly foreboding? any spots that look like they could easily be... displaced, with maybe some... chemical persuasion? or the explosive kind, y'know, just in case?

(13 to check out architecture)

It's masonry, well made and well crafted. It would take some time to eat through any of this stonework.

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

A large bat is fast asleep at the end of the tail despite the wiggling, and to the surprise of Heather Snapps and the rest of you. So THAT's where it hides!
"i... honestly i never look back there?"

quote:

The way to the top entrance is still clear. The door is unlocked, untrapped, and unguarded. Tak enters first, and after a brief but tense moment, reappears and motions the Party to enter into the corridor. The hallway is empty, lined with masonry and runs around 100 feet where a door is on the right, and the hallway continues on a good distance further still.

"a door unopened is a bell unrung!"

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 5, 2020

take the moon



im sorry i ate a lot then slept a lot and woke up sad and stayed in bed

how many 20s should i roll

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

take the moon posted:

im sorry i ate a lot then slept a lot and woke up sad and stayed in bed

how many 20s should i roll

Your form becomes incorporeal from time to time, drifting sometimes ahead, sometimes behind, to either side and perhaps even above the Party as they've travelled forth from Dirty Dorg's. After the Party enters the Ruins of Fort Wunny, you awaken from your DreamSleep.

Roll a 20, reroll 1s, 10s and 20s!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Your form becomes incorporeal from time to time, drifting sometimes ahead, sometimes behind, to either side and perhaps even above the Party as they've travelled forth from Dirty Dorg's. After the Party enters the Ruins of Fort Wunny, you awaken from your DreamSleep.

Roll a 20, reroll 1s, 10s and 20s!

What is everyone doing, what is the Party's marching order?

take the moon



rolled a 3

nut


Buddy hangs back, picking up the fervour of his tune. he’s seen his fair share of ominous castle entrances and he’s been yelled at for triggering every trap on his run in just as many times. Maybe more times. He idly picks away at his lute while wondering which he’s done more time. A glassy glaze coats his eyes as he stares forward, mouth falling slight agape.

Stoner Sloth


>Tak will continue to lead the way, largely invisible and concealed as well as silenced in the approach. Checking the door for traps, see if it is locked and if so check the lock for traps, before cautiously opening it (picking the lock if necessary), heavy crossbow and a hand crossbow at the ready.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks


Upon shifting your consciousness to this focus, you feel a sense of unease and foreboding. You do not like this place, yet still you will endeavor forward...

Everyone present, roll a 20!

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Upon shifting your consciousness to this focus, you feel a sense of unease and foreboding. You do not like this place, yet still you will endeavor forward...

Everyone present, roll a 20!

(20 followed by 17 - lol in the other rpg im playing just crit failed at something so swings and roundabouts with the old dice)



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

nut


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone present, roll a 20!

2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Upon shifting your consciousness to this focus, you feel a sense of unease and foreboding. You do not like this place, yet still you will endeavor forward...

Everyone present, roll a 20!

8


thanks everyone for posting, but six and vanisher especially!!!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«8 »