Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Post
  • Reply
nut


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Roll percentage dice please

>31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut


Buddy’s grin drops when his eyes fall on the half eaten beetle leg. he swallows loudly in an effort to keep his breakfast down.

take the moon



*ooc* sorry I've been super busy drasty at odds w/ my usual slacker lifestyle.

I will catch up and make whatever rolls after work lol

v sorry

take the moon fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 22, 2020

take the moon



I rolled a 14 just now if u need one

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks



take the moon posted:

I rolled a 14 just now if u need one

The hole llany blasted out of the wall contains very little, save the 420 gold pieces and 69 silver pieces that were strewn about the "lair".

The door to the south is untrapped and unlocked.

nut


Buddy stops playing to reach his arms out, holding back the party from the coins while he rapidly counts by eye. dropping his arms upon completion he smiles wide and nods slowly, “nice”

Stoner Sloth


>Tak comments "Nice indeed. A small windfall.", the lack of tone making it hard to tell if Tak seriously doesn't get the whole weed and sex number thing, is being wry about it or joining in the joke.

>In any case the hooded assassin once again shifts colouration, starts to move stealthily and then fades from normal vision into invisibility before opening the southern doorway and moving silently on into the newly revealed room - crossbows at the ready and keeping alert.

(rolled a 16 if I need a roll here)

(also )

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak comments "Nice indeed. A small windfall.", the lack of tone making it hard to tell if Tak seriously doesn't get the whole weed and sex number thing, is being wry about it or joining in the joke.

>In any case the hooded assassin once again shifts colouration, starts to move stealthily and then fades from normal vision into invisibility before opening the southern doorway and moving silently on into the newly revealed room - crossbows at the ready and keeping alert.

(rolled a 16 if I need a roll here)

(also )

You slip quietly and quickly into the room. This appears to be some sort of main entranceway, the center of the room has what appears to be the remains of some more work benches and tables, display stands and other pieces of furniture. The ceiling here is 40 feet high, versus the other rooms you were in, which was 15 feet high in places. Much of what lies within this room is rotted and plundered, you are able to ascertain what they originally were after some time and study.

biosterous




"goodness, we've got some choices to make now! i dunno about the rest of you but when in doubt i always go left"

(how's the light level in here? getting dim, or still plenty bright?)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

"goodness, we've got some choices to make now! i dunno about the rest of you but when in doubt i always go left"

(how's the light level in here? getting dim, or still plenty bright?)

Now that you mention it, no one has had any problems seeing since arriving. There seems to be a greenish glow coming off the walls and floor; it could be from a species of underground fungus, the residue of eldritch magics, or some kind of afterglow from the horrific evils that Alchemist Wunny was rumored to have committed, in collusion with ancient evil...

Stoner Sloth


>Tak will check the doors for traps and locks before commenting "Don't much mind which way we go first. Left is as good a direction as any."

>After checking the doors, the assassin makes ready to stealth it through the left most doorway.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 27, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak will check the doors for traps and locks before commenting "Don't much mind which way we go first. Left is as good a direction as any."

>After checking the doors, the assassin makes ready to stealth it through the left most doorway.

Alright, give me 5 separate rolls for each door please

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Alright, give me 5 separate rolls for each door please



(15, 14, 12, 18, 11)

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 27, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

(15, 14, 12, 18, 11)

Are you calling the northeastern-most door the "left" door?

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Are you calling the northeastern-most door the "left" door?

(that'll work!)

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 27, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks



There is a doorway to the South East that's open (no door). When you go through the NorthEastern door, you find the hallway that leads all the way back to the entrance where you first came in, and to the right of the Northeast door, on the east wall, is another door.

EDIT: All the doors are now unlocked. Sorry, I left that part out!

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 25, 2020

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

There is a doorway to the South East that's open (no door). When you go through the NorthEastern door, you find the hallway that leads all the way back to the entrance where you first came in, and to the right of the Northeast door, on the east wall, is another door.
EDIT: All the doors are now unlocked. Sorry, I left that part out!

"when i was a hatchling i was looking for eggs in a deep burrow. i knew they would be at the deepest point, and ignored side paths. when i tried to get back out with them i found the broodmother blocking the exit and only survived because my clutchmates heard my cries and came to my rescue. we should check the door near the entrance, i think?"
*pat bat on the head as gently as possible*
"but - we are not alone in here. i still think we should take precautions, though."

Stoner Sloth


>Tak looks curiously at Heather Snapps from behind the hood shrouding their features, not only for the suggestion but also the common bond of a sensible species that hatches in clutches that band together for survival. "That aligns well with my thoughts. Friend." is Tak's clicking reply to the large reptilian.

>The assassin prepares the usual rigamarole of checking door for traps or signs of potential ambush beyond it, unlocking it if necessary and stealthing on in, provided that there are no particular objections from the rest of the party as to which direction to try first. They seem like easy going chillers though so figuring this is probably all good.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 27, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak looks curiously at Heather Snapps from behind the hood shrouding their features, not only for the suggestion but also the common bond of a sensible species that hatches in clutches that band together for survival. "That aligns well with my thoughts. Friend." is Tak's clicking reply to the large reptilian.

>The assassin prepares the usual rigamarole of checking door for traps or signs of potential ambush beyond it, unlocking it if necessary and stealthing on in, provided that there are no particular objections from the rest of the party as to which direction to try first. They seem like easy going chillers though so figuring this is probably all good.

The door to the north east, before the tunnel that leads back to the main entrance, is still locked. Roll a 20

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The door to the north east, before the tunnel that leads back to the main entrance, is still locked. Roll a 20

14

biosterous




Llany's gonna scrape the walls a bit for some samples, see if he can find something interesting about it later, when they're not so busy exploring!

exploring is kind of like science but with a lot less repetition usually

(not really trying to accomplish anything with the samples, just flavour)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

Llany's gonna scrape the walls a bit for some samples, see if he can find something interesting about it later, when they're not so busy exploring!

exploring is kind of like science but with a lot less repetition usually

(not really trying to accomplish anything with the samples, just flavour)

Which walls?

Please state where, and provide a 20-sided roll for each spot.




The lock is trapped. Roll again.

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Which walls?

Please state where, and provide a 20-sided roll for each spot.



The lock is trapped. Roll again.

12

biosterous






1 4
2 10 + 17
3 3
4 20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 15 holy poo poo

(the numerical order is for the rolls, presumably Llany took from these spots when the party was around there, unless it's just easier to have them happen in that order!)

(also woo lots of exploding dice!)

biosterous fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 27, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks


Roll again. It's a difficult trap.

biosterous posted:



1 4
2 10 + 17
3 3
4 20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 15 holy poo poo

(the numerical order is for the rolls, presumably Llany took from these spots when the party was around there, unless it's just easier to have them happen in that order!)

(also woo lots of exploding dice!)

As Llany goes about exploring and scraping, investigating and discovering the rest of the Party is watching Tak (well, Tak's back...) as they seek to undo the locked and trapped door, the Party notices that Llany is no longer with the Party.

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Roll again. It's a difficult trap.

15

>Tak carefully plans out their actions before taking them aided, if necessary, by an extra pair of insectoid arms to assist with disabling the trap. With attention focused on overcoming the mechanism, Tak doesn't immediately notice that Llany is gone.

biosterous




Llany is focused on getting samples for Science and also doesn't notice that the rest of the party isn't around

biosterous fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 27, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Everyone roll percentage dice please

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone roll percentage dice please

99

biosterous




82

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everyone roll percentage dice please

26

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks




Each of you roll a 20

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




14

biosterous




14

(jinx!)

nut


>96

Buddy focuses on Tak still, strumming gently, but feeling deep inside that a pair fewer ears are hearing his melody.

Stoner Sloth


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Each of you roll a 20

18



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

nut posted:

>96

Buddy focuses on Tak still, strumming gently, but feeling deep inside that a pair fewer ears are hearing his melody.

Roll a 20 please

nut


Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Roll a 20 please

6!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

As Llany gets into the collecting of samples for scientific purposes, when samples are sought after at site 4, the wall appears strange. As Llany tries to collect a sample from the wall, the wall decided to take a sample back, because it was actually a 10 foot by ten foot Gelatinous Cube, mimicking the other walls. Llany became immediately sucked into the Gelatinous Cube, where it is attempting to digest Llany. The rest of the Party is alerted to the absence of Llany, and begin searching the area.

Llany's last location is quickly located, and as the rest of the Party narrows in on area 4 on the map, another loud explosion occurs! Instead of bricks, mortar and rubble shooting out of the wall this time, there's a rather disgusting gout of gelatinous messy ichor, followed by the clinking and clattering of various multitude of coins, and a few items the Cube picked up along the way as it periodically woke up to scour the corridors.

Llany is nowhere to be seen, although the boots you last saw Llany wearing are in the middle of the corridor where the Gelatinous Cube last lay in wait, and a considerably large blackened spot on the floor where the aforementioned explosion occurred...


DM's Note: I finally found the loot table generator I want to use! Treasure inc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth


>Tak's assassin senses go into overdrive, searching for any other sign of their missing comrade despite the seemingly conclusive evidence that Llany is an ex-armadillo mad scientist. The tall, hooded figure takes a crowbar from their combat vest of holding, poking at the boots gingerly and looks down the corridor, seeing if perhaps Llany managed to roll away from the creature further into the area hidden behind the gelatinous cube.

>Crossbow in one pair of hands, hidden beneath their coat, crowbar in one of the other pairs hands, Tak advances into this area, invisible and silent as the assassin searches for the missing scientist.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply