Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Post
  • Reply
biosterous




rolling to do science on poison puke!

18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

rolling to do science on poison puke!

18

You collect a sample for later study. It's quite caustic, and certainly of organic origin...

The last group of 20-sided rolls was to see if your activities (sorting out treasure, soul bonding with a soul-stealing artifact, blowing up and splattering a gelatinous cube all over the place; that sort of thing) attracted the interest of any wandering monsters.

It's most likely safe to assume that anything dumb enough to attack you right now is wandering the hell out of there to find a better place to haunt...


There's still a shield unclaimed, but after the other loot has been divided out and/or accounted for, it's time for a rest.

How long will you rest for, and in what order will the watch stand?


SOUL DRINKER IS THIRSTY AND MUST FEED

Tak roll a 20

Stoner Sloth


(15)

>Tak takes watch, standing on guard with his newly acquired scimitar invisibly. Mostly silently too except for a yawn that steals up on him unbidden as his thoughts flow over this new weapon and its nature as well as trying to adjust to this new body.

>So much of it seems alien and one thing that Tak has yet to work out is that regardless of his state of mind this new body will at some stage need to sleep... he doesn't know how to do that or that it is required as yet though so he takes his normal path of simply trying to stand motionless for four hours or so, wondering why he feels increasingly sore, stiff and fatigued.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

(15)

>Tak takes watch, standing on guard with his newly acquired scimitar invisibly. Mostly silently too except for a yawn that steals up on him unbidden as his thoughts flow over this new weapon and its nature as well as trying to adjust to this new body.

>So much of it seems alien and one thing that Tak has yet to work out is that regardless of his state of mind this new body will at some stage need to sleep... he doesn't know how to do that or that it is required as yet though so he takes his normal path of simply trying to stand motionless for four hours or so, wondering why he feels increasingly sore, stiff and fatigued.

Roll again!

Stoner Sloth



(20 and then an 11)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

(20 and then an 11)

This scene, 28 seconds in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naVvhQXjHmM

Tak stands guard duty, yawning a little bit and stretching, still getting used to his new body. The rest of the Party has gone to sleep, their sleep rolls unfurled and weapons at the ready in case they are awakened in their asleep and may suddenly need them, in a fight for their very lives.

Tak suddenly goes still, and after a few moments, walks off and away from the Party for around 20 minutes.

Tak sees the tunnel shoot from his chest, and follows after it.

He returns.

Dorg is laying down, resting on his right elbow and looking at Tak when Tak returns.

"I took watch while you were gone, don't sweat it- that's the sort of thing you gotta be wary of, you slack off on your duties, and the next thing you know, yer not who you were. You'll get the hang of it. How you feeling, kid?"

The fact is, you feel better than you can remember ever feeling; you don't remember where you were, what you did, or even how long you were gone for, but you know one thing is certain...

Soul Drinker had had its fill, and you feel powerful...


Tak has an uneventful watch, and awakens the next in line for guard duty.

Dorg takes next watch, which is uneventful (rolled 18). Who will go after Dorg?

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 30, 2020

Stoner Sloth


>Tak shakes his head as if to clear it from mental cobwebs and frowns at the sword, resolving to better control it in future, before replying "Thanks for taking watch. I feel powerful, but lacking in memory of what happened. I need to find a way back to my previous form, I believe that the sword is trying to reshape me into what it wants. Don't plan on letting that continue, instead I will find a way to make it conform to me."

>The assassin remains awake and after a time asks Dorg "Don't suppose you'd know how I might best achieve that?" idly, figuring that bartender might know if he's willing to share that information.

>Regardless Tak will try to remain awake the rest of the night.

nut


Buddy finally lands shakily, exhausted from his flight all about the room. he yawns widely and nods to the rest of the party, “this here little cowboys done tuckered hisself out faster than a sow doing a high hoe Dosey do. now, y’all just holler when you need me to watch”

Buddy sits down, back against the cold wall, lowering his wings behind him and his Stetson down over his face. almost immediately, a haunting whine emanates from behind his hat in what you suppose is some kind of snore.

biosterous




Llany wakes up, shakes some of the sleep off, blearily rubs his eyes and cleans his glasses, and takes the next watch

3

apparently he's a bit distracted thinking about all the new samples he got yesterday, and what experiments he'd like to run with them

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

Llany wakes up, shakes some of the sleep off, blearily rubs his eyes and cleans his glasses, and takes the next watch

3

apparently he's a bit distracted thinking about all the new samples he got yesterday, and what experiments he'd like to run with them

Re-roll a 20



Sig by City of Glompton and God Speed John Glenn, two awesome BYOB people!

biosterous




9

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks


You thought you may have heard something during your watch, a clattering of bones perhaps? You are wary, and rather than risk danger by leaving the group, you choose instead to let the matter rest until the morning.

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




heather is an early boid and likes taking the last watch if possible


thanks everyone for posting, but six and vanisher especially!!!

Stoner Sloth


>Tak, eventually and groggily, attempts to copy his compatriots by lying down and trying to rest his eyes... soon slipping into the first dreams he's ever experienced.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Heather Papps posted:

heather is an early boid and likes taking the last watch if possible


Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak, eventually and groggily, attempts to copy his compatriots by lying down and trying to rest his eyes... soon slipping into the first dreams he's ever experienced.

Roll a 20 please

I found this website for rolling online dice if you want to take a look at it:

You can pick the number of dice and the number of sides on the dice, and when you roll, use the bottom "ROLL" button for a slower, controlled roll. The "ROLL" button on the right is super fast and can roll multiple rolls unintentionally, so I recommend using the bottom one.


https://rolladie.net/



Sig by City of Glompton and God Speed John Glenn, two awesome BYOB people!

Stoner Sloth


(1 and then a 16 - knew those twenties would start to balance out sooner or later!)

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Roll a 20 please

9

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

(1 and then a 16 - knew those twenties would start to balance out sooner or later!)

Your dreams are strange. You remember your other life, and while it was quite recent since you made the Change it seems like it was so long ago. Were you really that strange creature, the giant assassin bug? It would seem you were. You miss that form, the perfection of its shape; this form is easier to move around in, less limbs to be sure- but it is also smaller, and there's an innate magic that goes along with it that you haven't had a chance to explore.

A figure stands before you. A beautiful female Drow, she is pure seduction; it takes all of your will to not run to her, to go before her on one knee and beg from her some small gesture that says she sees you, that she notices you...

Summoning up your willpower, you struggle to keep your thoughts your own. Until she speaks that is.

"You seem unsure of our fate together, despite our bargain; I cannot have this uncertainty in our unity- therefore, I negate it. Perhaps it would be better to abandon me in the nearest hole, for I would rather that fate than to be held in an unwelcome hand. If it is your old form that you wish to have so badly, so be it!"

At that, you awaken- in your old form, crossbows in their former spots and at the ready. After a quick assessment you are certain that you are once again you, but to your dismay you note some of the gifts the scimitar you found recently bestowed upon you are no longer yours.

You also see the sword is no longer at your side, instead it lies within its scabbard on the ground waiting to be picked up by the first being who sees it.

You feel quite naked and weakened without it, and the Mistress of the Blade seems quite displeased with you...

What do you do?

Stoner Sloth



>Tak ponders the situation a brief moment - unable to draw from previous experience of dreams he doesn't see this as any different to waking life, perhaps if he had that experience though this would seem rather different from usual night time imaginings in any case.

>After a this short pause that never the less seems to draw out towards eternity, the assassin responds "I am Tak. First and foremost I am an assassin. I do NOT break bargains made willingly. But changing who I am was not part of that bargain. Nor would it sit with your goal of having a willing hand to wield you, if all you want is a mind addled slave who has forgotten who they are then you will be disappointed."

>So saying he walks over to the sword as he continues to speak "If on the other hand you want to be wielded by someone who will work with you as an equal, who will grow your legend and bring you honor, make you feared and respected... who will feed you more souls than you ever thought possible... those of great warriors, beasts and monsters, kings... even the Gods themselves should fate lead us in that direction... who will grow your power, combine with it and hone us both into a force feared by even the strongest, bringing Chaos to the world and Death to those who stand against us... then we would be well suited to bond together."

>Tak then proceeds to imagine and attempt to show images of who he is - of the rare alien species that survives only in small numbers because it subjects it's young to the harshest and deadliest of environments and situations, forcing them to hunt and fight for their survival from the first moment they are hatched. Of how the loss of even one adult member of the species is a great loss indeed since it reduces their already small numbers over time. More than this though he attempts to show what made him the way he is, the events of his life and how it became his drive to become the greatest killer this, or any, world has ever known.

>He assumes she can read his mind and shows images of how he imagines using the blade to fight - how his nimble insect form could make better, more creative use than the elven one she attempted to... well let's say gift him with. Images of him switching the weapon between all four hands with lightning fast reflexes during combat to keep opponents off guard, using it two handed while his crossbows - mere tools rather than part of him like he feels the sword might be - are there to fend off and cripple opponents to allow him to close to finish them, of catching arrows midflight while cutting down opponents, of leaping in from unexpected angles to catch enemies by surprise and steal their lives and souls from them before they know what is happening. Combining the resources of the Drow goddess, the blade, and Tak himself into something new and powerful and deadly.

>Finishing this mental transmission he adds "I am not adverse to exploring the form you have offered me, but I do not wish to lose who I am in the process. For now it would be acceptable to keep the form you have chosen. For now. But I also want you to try things my way too, perhaps even exploring a similar form yourself - who knows, you may find it more beautiful and stronger than that of the Drow. I believe my kind would appreciate you far more than the elves ever could. In any case, let us both go into this bargain with full appreciation for what the other offers. You clearly have the power to let me switch between forms - so let us together make use of that so that we can both achieve what we desire and form a better, stronger and more rewarding bond."

>So saying one of his clawed hands hovers over the hilt of the weapon as he looks upon the Mistress of the Blade, clearly willing to follow this path and just as unwilling to break a bargain, even one made in haste and ignorance, and see where it leads but also wanting to see her response to the points he has made and the things he has shared with her, hoping that the terms he poses for their bargain will prove acceptable to her.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 2, 2020

biosterous




meanwhile Llany is cooking some oatmeal for the party

biosterous fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 2, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak ponders the situation a brief moment - unable to draw from previous experience of dreams he doesn't see this as any different to waking life, perhaps if he had that experience though this would seem rather different from usual night time imaginings in any case.

>After a this short pause that never the less seems to draw out towards eternity, the assassin responds "I am Tak. First and foremost I am an assassin. I do NOT break bargains made willingly. But changing who I am was not part of that bargain. Nor would it sit with your goal of having a willing hand to wield you, if all you want is a mind addled slave who has forgotten who they are then you will be disappointed."

>So saying he walks over to the sword as he continues to speak "If on the other hand you want to be wielded by someone who will work with you as an equal, who will grow your legend and bring you honor, make you feared and respected... who will feed you more souls than you ever thought possible... those of great warriors, beasts and monsters, kings... even the Gods themselves should fate lead us in that direction... who will grow your power, combine with it and hone us both into a force feared by even the strongest, bringing Chaos to the world and Death to those who stand against us... then we would be well suited to bond together."

>Tak then proceeds to imagine and attempt to show images of who he is - of the rare alien species that survives only in small numbers because it subjects it's young to the harshest and deadliest of environments and situations, forcing them to hunt and fight for their survival from the first moment they are hatched. Of how the loss of even one adult member of the species is a great loss indeed since it reduces their already small numbers over time. More than this though he attempts to show what made him the way he is, the events of his life and how it became his drive to become the greatest killer this, or any, world has ever known.

>He assumes she can read his mind and shows images of how he imagines using the blade to fight - how his nimble insect form could make better, more creative use than the elven one she attempted to... well let's say gift him with. Images of him switching the weapon between all four hands with lightning fast reflexes during combat to keep opponents off guard, using it two handed while his crossbows - mere tools rather than part of him like he feels the sword might be - are there to fend off and cripple opponents to allow him to close to finish them, of catching arrows midflight while cutting down opponents, of leaping in from unexpected angles to catch enemies by surprise and steal their lives and souls from them before they know what is happening. Combining the resources of the Drow goddess, the blade, and Tak himself into something new and powerful and deadly.

>Finishing this mental transmission he adds "I am not adverse to exploring the form you have offered me, but I do not wish to lose who I am in the process. For now it would be acceptable to keep the form you have chosen. For now. But I also want you to try things my way too, perhaps even exploring a similar form yourself - who knows, you may find it more beautiful and stronger than that of the Drow. I believe my kind would appreciate you far more than the elves ever could. In any case, let us both go into this bargain with full appreciation for what the other offers. You clearly have the power to let me switch between forms - so let us together make use of that so that we can both achieve what we desire and form a better, stronger and more rewarding bond."

>So saying one of his clawed hands hovers over the hilt of the weapon as he looks upon the Mistress of the Blade, clearly willing to follow this path and just as unwilling to break a bargain, even one made in haste and ignorance, and see where it leads but also wanting to see her response to the points he has made and the things he has shared with her, hoping that the terms he poses for their bargain will prove acceptable to her.

Roll a 20.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

biosterous posted:

meanwhile Llany is cooking some oatmeal for the party

Breakfast smells and tastes good this morning!

Stoner Sloth


(20 and then a 17)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Stoner Sloth posted:

(20 and then a 17)


You wake up to the wonderful smell of freshly made oatmeal; you are Drow, your scimitar is at your side and everything seems to be the same as before...

Stoner Sloth


>There is a brief moment of suddenly being on guard for Tak, unused to sleeping it's a surprise to him to wake up at all, noticeably in that instant it's not a crossbow he reaches for but the scimitar. It's only a split second though and after it Tak sits up, taking a big sniff of the oatmeal and surprisingly finding it to his changed sense of taste.

>He recalls the dream hazily but remembers the agreement he offered, thinking it through in silence as he moves over to take a bowl of oatmeal. While his expression remains stoically neutral throughout he does eat it, hesitantly for the first bite or two but then eagerly finishing the rest of it. "Thanks Llany." he offers after a moment.

>After that he's up and ready to scout ahead once more as if nothing had happened, keeping his thoughts to himself and seeming to just try to make the best of things.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Everybody roll!

nut


>6

Stoner Sloth


5



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




12!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Where to?

Stoner Sloth


>Tak suggests the hallway door in the corridor leading to the exit - figuring that it's better to clear that one out so that we have an exit route if need be. He'll use invisibility from his coat and silencing from his boots to enter the room as usual, albeit this time with a hand crossbow and scimitar drawn.



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

take the moon



Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everybody roll!

nat 20 babes

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak suggests the hallway door in the corridor leading to the exit - figuring that it's better to clear that one out so that we have an exit route if need be. He'll use invisibility from his coat and silencing from his boots to enter the room as usual, albeit this time with a hand crossbow and scimitar drawn.

Sounds good, Snapps says to an area of room that is now apparently empty

biosterous




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Everybody roll!

17

Llany agrees with checking the side room

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

Heather Papps posted:

Sounds good, Snapps says to an area of room that is now apparently empty

Bat taps you on the tail and when you look, Bat waves at you with one wing.

Heather Papps


hello internet friend




Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Bat taps you on the tail and when you look, Bat waves at you with one wing.

"when we are outta this friend i'm going to... bugs? i am not sure. but big dinner, on me, post deadly shapeshifting dangers!"


thanks everyone for posting, but six and vanisher especially!!!

take the moon



out of char reveal: unbeknownst to any adventurer here, my char who has guarded his name in a somewhat impressive display of nonreactive sageness that possibly some other person in some other life that somewhat metafictionally may connect to his could only hope to attain, hasn't slept since entering fort Wunny

anyone who feels like their char may have been in his vicinity at this exact moment in game time will have heard him mutter

"the dark forest,

"when I'm with you, oh my brothers,

"go to sleep"

Pot Smoke Phoenix

It's not as bad as it looks

take the moon posted:

nat 20 babes


take the moon posted:

out of char reveal: unbeknownst to any adventurer here, my char who has guarded his name in a somewhat impressive display of nonreactive sageness that possibly some other person in some other life that somewhat metafictionally may connect to his could only hope to attain, hasn't slept since entering fort Wunny

anyone who feels like their char may have been in his vicinity at this exact moment in game time will have heard him mutter

"the dark forest,

"when I'm with you, oh my brothers,

"go to sleep"

Everyone roll

Stoner Sloth



8



sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, and Pot Smoke Phoenix - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous




11

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«7 »