Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

I'M SORRY I COULDN'T HEAR YOU DID YOU SAY YOU HADN'T ROLLED YET?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I'M SORRY I COULDN'T HEAR YOU DID YOU SAY YOU HADN'T ROLLED YET?

Buddy’s wide grin flashes a gold incisor as he suddenly kicks the chair over, standing wide legged over it and pulling his lute up, over, and behind his head, his fingers dancing faster invisible to those in front of him.

>16

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Buddy's music playing increases rapidly, the smoke pours out of the brazier and suddenly, 2 glowing red eyes appear in the brazier.

Heather Snapps reaches down and grabs ahold of the bottom of the portcullis and strains mightily. Metal shrieks as rusted parts begin to come free. It lifts half an inch, then an inch, then 6 inches; slowly it rises. Buddy plays faster, s t r o n g e r- seeming to infuse his strength into Heather Snapps and suddenly, the portcullis jerks free and slams to the top where it locks into place!

There are several entrances inside the room to the east.

There is an altar to an evil God in the North West part of the room.

You are in the doorway of room 3.

Stoner Sloth

>Tak materializes just long enough to give a thumbs up sign to Heather and Buddy before disappearing again and sneaking into the room, rapidly checking it for traps to make sure it's safe for the others to explore!

>

Heather Papps

hello friend

gonna ring my bell and try and give buddy just the gentlest high five

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nut

Buddy, now shredding his teeth on the lute strings, unaware of the happenings beyond, starts huffing in exhaustion. his playing slows to a stall as he peeks out of one eye, slowly reaching out with one hand to meet Heather’s, still holding the lute to his mouth.

Heather Papps

hello friend

gonna throw in a few bell rings when it feels right

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Brazier: Hey, Bat. What's up?

Bat: ...

Axe: Oh, hey brazier- you're new. What's your deal?

Brazier: I'm a brazier. I light up on command. Buddy is my new Master, and he can summon the Mighty Phillipe' whenever he wants to, 7 times a week.

Axe: Wait. Phillipe'? THE Phillipe'? The God of Mischief, Strife, and a Rockin' Good Time?

Brazier: the same. The fact that you know that means you're really quite sharp.

Axe: That was a pun. I know a pun when I hear one and THAT was a pun...

Brazier: See? I KNEW it!

Bat looks puzzle. Bat of course could hear Axe and Brazier. Bat does NOT want to hear what the Dark Mistress of the Blade has to say.

Buddy's Lute: Remember when it was quiet around hear?

Mistress of the Blade: I can hear you. All of you. I get it. I'm a "Dark Blade", oooo! Scary! It's all good. You're safe. A deal's a deal.

Buddy's Lute: Well, I wish you the best of luck on that, and I really mean it.

Dorg: Oh, great. That's just great...

Everybody roll!

Stoner Sloth

20 followed by 11

biosterous

biosterous fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 13, 2020

Heather Papps

hello friend

16!

nut

Buddy, exhausted from the performance, rifles through his satchel for a spare ale and rolls a 7

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The brazier begins to shake and shimmy, rock and wobble and even moans. Smoke pours forth, more than it ever had before- everyone is feeling pretty good at this point, beams of multi-colored lights shoot out of the brazier and focus on a single point. A figure can be seen, emerging from the lights.

It is a halfling, standing around 4 feet tall; dressed in the most outlandish outfit you've ever seen. A tall purple top hat sits atop his head, a large neon green feather shooting up and away from it as if trying to get away from it. He's wearing a purple velvet tunic, purple velvet pants, neon orange boots; and a variety of different colored gems for earrings and bracelets and a necklace with a large, outrageous pendant that is almost certainly an emerald pot leaf.

"So THIS is where the Party's at!" he says, his words almost a command to celebrate; to feast and party like there's no tomorrow.

So of course you do.

"I am Phillipe', and I like to PARTY!"

Philippe' walks up to Tak and holds out his hand. "Let me see this scimitar, if you would not mind- please."

Heather Papps

hello friend

if it's a party i am ringing my bell

biosterous

Llany conveniently has a whole bunch of alcohols, and mentions he can make some other things that could possibly qualify as "party supplies"

whether this means "Llany can make drugs" or "Llany can make silly string" is unclear to everyone (including biosterous!)

Stoner Sloth

>Tak is still a bit high from earlier but also has no particular reason to act aggressively towards Phillipe. Still asking to be handed his weapon, and the way that Phillipe seem to hold an element of command makes Tak slightly wary of his intent.

>In the end though Tak knows no fear and believes even if the halfling does turn hostile he can still defend himself even sans sword and that the soul bonded weapon would prove difficult to wield effectively against him. So he doesn't hesitate but instead rapidly draws the weapon with a slight flourish, taking it in both hands before handing it over handle first to the halfling, ready to move if his cautionary thoughts prove accurate but at this stage acting without aggression towards Phillipe and complying with his request.

Heather Papps

hello friend

wanna ask bat about their feelings towards phillipe

nut

Buddy rights the chair he toppled before leaning over then and huffing to catch his breath. he pops off his Stetson to wipe his brow against his sleeve and sighs, relieved that Phillipe wasn’t expecting him perform a party encore

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

wanna ask bat about their feelings towards phillipe

Bat flies off your tail right at Phillipe, surprising you and everyone else! (1-1-19)

Phillipe holds out his hand and says "What is this? Why do you attack Phillipe so? I am not a fighter, I am a lover!" and at that, you see a flurry of red and purple cartoon hearts fly out from Phillipe's hand to Bat's face, making a perceptible wet splatting noise as each heart bapped Bat in the face. In short order, the look on Bat's face indicates that he does in fact approve of Phillipe a great deal!

biosterous posted:

Llany conveniently has a whole bunch of alcohols, and mentions he can make some other things that could possibly qualify as "party supplies"

whether this means "Llany can make drugs" or "Llany can make silly string" is unclear to everyone (including biosterous!)

The amount and variety of substances that Llany is able to produce in such a short amount of time has gotten the attention of Dorg, who watches intently as Llany gets to work producing libations and party favors.

Somewhere along the way a troupe of very scantily clad, heavily scented with perfumes and spices Halflings have arrived, and based on their dress, they are beyond a doubt associated with Phillipe's entourage. They sample some of Llany's wares, and begin bringing them around to everyone.

There are quite a few more people here presently than there were before...

nut posted:

Buddy rights the chair he toppled before leaning over then and huffing to catch his breath. he pops off his Stetson to wipe his brow against his sleeve and sighs, relieved that Phillipe wasn’t expecting him perform a party encore

Phillipe' gives you a quick look and a wave and a smile, and it was the best praise you've ever gotten in your life for a performance.

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak is still a bit high from earlier but also has no particular reason to act aggressively towards Phillipe. Still asking to be handed his weapon, and the way that Phillipe seem to hold an element of command makes Tak slightly wary of his intent.

>In the end though Tak knows no fear and believes even if the halfling does turn hostile he can still defend himself even sans sword and that the soul bonded weapon would prove difficult to wield effectively against him. So he doesn't hesitate but instead rapidly draws the weapon with a slight flourish, taking it in both hands before handing it over handle first to the halfling, ready to move if his cautionary thoughts prove accurate but at this stage acting without aggression towards Phillipe and complying with his request.

You hand the scimitar to Phillipe'. You feel a momentary twinge of jealousy until you spot the exquisite rapier at his side. There is no way the wielder of such a magnificent weapon would want anything else, you're safe from having it stolen. Phillipe' holds the blade flat on the palms of his hands, not at all worried about being cut by it. He seemed to be looking into the blade, not at it. He closed his eyes for a moment, concentrated a bit, and opend his eyes again.

"Very well. It would seem you have an arrangement, and Buddy's lute decided to lend a hand. When it wished you luck, I decided that *I*, Phillipe' (bows with a wide, exotic flourish) - would be the deity that would answer that prayer; and here Phillipe' stands!"

Phillipe' then turns to Tak and says, "Be yourself!" at those words, once again Tak stands before you, in the original form he was in before his chance encounter with the Dark Scimitar. Phillipe then whispers a few things to Tak in an alien language filled with clicks and hisses, after which Tak nods.

Phillipe then holds the scimitar up by the pommel, blade up before him and says, "I rename you BloodBlight!" and the scimitar shimmers and dances, a silvery stream of metal flows out of Phillipe's fingers and melds into the edges of the blade, and the blade begins to hum softly. Tak shifts nervously concerned for the welfare of his soul-bonded weapon, but the Mistress of the Blade tells Tak that she is well, and she and the blade have been transformed.

The sword was now a vampiric blade, one that would suck the life out of its enemies, but leave the soul intact. A soul-stealing blade is an abomination, destroying the eternal essence of a being for all eternity; Phillipe decided to intervene and take matters into his own hands and change the blade into a lifestealing weapon; still dark, still formidable- but one far less likely to wreak havoc upon the world, and the wielder.

Tak would now be able to change form to Drow at will, should they choose to. Tak will no longer have a chance to suck the soul of a Party member when they roll a 1 in combat. There are no penalties or losses for the transformation, and as per their agreement with the Dark Mistress of the Blade, Tak is still soulbound to the weapon.

Phillipe' hands the scimitar back to Tak. It is the same dark, light-soaking metal it was, except there is now a silvery glowing metal along the edge of the blade, and symbols of the same metal adorn the flat of the blade, and the pommel. Tak straps the scabbard to their side, and the scimitar leaps out of the scabbard and begins whirling around them in a seemingly protective shield. Tak looks at Phillipe, who is smiling ear to ear now and nods back, and the scimitar returns to the scabbard at Tak's side.

"Thanks, I... honestly didn't expect you to do that." the Dark Mistress of the Blade says, to Phillipe'. "I didn't think I would ever be free of that accursed thirst; I don't know how to thank you."

Phillipe' waves off the Dark Mistress and says, "It was no big thing at all; it was a favor, for some friends." at that last part he winked at Dorg, who waved back.

Phillipe' stays and parties for awhile. There's no reason to have anyone roll for wandering monsters, they're already looking for new careers in another campaign module somewhere.

There is a chance upon use of the brazier in the future to summon Phillipe'.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 16, 2020

nut

Buddy swoons at both Phillipe and Tak, self-satisfied at his role in helping out. He spins the chair around and gently places the brazier on it to face the crowd before wandering over to Llany to demand a double.

Stoner Sloth

>Tak looks himself up and down and stretches all four arms experimentally, the others probably getting their first good look at his true form, before clicking a grateful thanks to Phillipe in his native insectoid tongue - his time as a dark elf did allow him new found appreciation of that form and he doesn't regret that but it's definitely nice to feel himself again.

>As the blade flies around him and wheels in defensive circles he seems rather pleased at this development, especially since the Mistress of the Blade also seems satisfied with the transformation that has taken place.

>The assassin leaves his hood down, his multifaceted eyes focusing on Dorg, thanking him too, before he wanders over and gives Buddy a pat on the back and says "And thank you too friend. I am grateful to all three of you.".

>After that the insectoid pulls his hood back up, covering his alien form once more but remaining visible and joining in the celebrations/partying - making sure to offer Phillipe, Dorg and Buddy drinks before taking one of his own and sipping at it through his now restored proboscis.

biosterous

phillipe fuckin rules

take the moon

by sebmojo
the stranger awakes to a party.

the noise is a hellish sound. p much knives in his ears. he draws his cloak around him signifying some level of discomfort and approaches dorg.

his movements somewhat soft and sure but his eyes dancing blitzed out

"what's going on?" he says in a hushed tremor

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

take the moon posted:

the stranger awakes to a party.

the noise is a hellish sound. p much knives in his ears. he draws his cloak around him signifying some level of discomfort and approaches dorg.

his movements somewhat soft and sure but his eyes dancing blitzed out

"what's going on?" he says in a hushed tremor

Dorg looks at you a moment, his eyes becoming two large pools of benevolence and compassion.

"You poor, tormented creature..." he says, reaching into his pockets with both hands. He produces two items from his pockets; a pair of glasses, and a device that looks like it fits over your ears. "here, put these on." he says, handing the items to you. "We have a distinguished guest, apparently, the God of Mischief has paid us a visit."

take the moon

by sebmojo
the stranger dons the items. in terms of pattern recognition he desperately searches for something that isn't horrid

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

take the moon posted:

the stranger dons the items. in terms of pattern recognition he desperately searches for something that isn't horrid

Roll a 20.

take the moon

by sebmojo
lucky ol 13

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

The glasses and headphones filter out the chaotic input this realm seems to scream out at your senses. You feel a lot calmer, and the sleepiness that previously filled your being is abated a great deal. You smell something in the air; the same smoke the caterpillar was smoking, on that mushroom back at Dirty Dorg's.

You feel very hungry.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i've been ringing my bell the whole time.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

i've been ringing my bell the whole time.

It's a very nice bell, making a very nice bell sound.

Heather Papps

hello friend

It's a very nice bell, making a very nice bell sound.

+5 to mood, for me, in real life.

Stoner Sloth

The glasses and headphones filter out the chaotic input this realm seems to scream out at your senses. You feel a lot calmer, and the sleepiness that previously filled your being is abated a great deal. You smell something in the air; the same smoke the caterpillar was smoking, on that mushroom back at Dirty Dorg's.

You feel very hungry.

>Tak notices the Nu Mou's discomfort and, once he seems to be calmed and feeling a little better after donning the glasses and headphones, the insectoid assassin takes out some of the food stored in the crossbow of holding and brings some it over to the sage before offering some to the rest of the group.

Heather Papps posted:

+5 to mood, for me, in real life.

(the best kinda bonus!)

nut

Buddy drunkenly stomps and hums to the bell

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Phillipe' notices the attention the Party is giving the bell and walks over and investigates. "I am Phillipe'!" he says, bowing to everyone, including oddly enough, the bell.

"May I?" he asks Heather Snapps. Without waiting for an answer, Phillipe' reaches out a finger to the bell, and tendrils of silvery magic extend out from his finger into the bell, infusing it with that same silvery metal he used on the Dark Blade. The bell was now a piercing in Heather Snapps' tail. Phillipe' uses the same clicking hissing language he used for Tak, and surprisingly everyone can now understand it! The bell glows and brightens to accentuate each syllable and click of the clicking and hissing tongue native to Tak and it soon becomes clear to all that it's a group Comprehend Languages effect. It seems appropriate to believe it translates most, if not all languages. It will also produce anywhere from simple to complex bell chimes should Heather Snapps request it, and will if needed become a light source.

Heather Papps

hello friend

snapps spins around rapidly attempting to get a clear look at his tail, all the while jangling the demon bell inadvertently

nut

Heather Papps posted:

snapps spins around rapidly attempting to get a clear look at his tail, all the while jangling the demon bell inadvertently

Buddy stumbles over to Heather and points at the bell, "Talk to the tail cuz the face doesn't wanna hear it hehe"

Stoner Sloth

>Tak experimentally tries out speaking in Underdark and in Insectoid to see that the others understand, switching to speaking his own native tongue since the others now understand him in it. Makes it a little easier on him communication wise at least!

Heather Papps

hello friend

whilst the bell is ringing i'm going to ask bat it's name

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak experimentally tries out speaking in Underdark and in Insectoid to see that the others understand, switching to speaking his own native tongue since the others now understand him in it. Makes it a little easier on him communication wise at least!

It works flawlessly.

Heather Papps posted:

whilst the bell is ringing i'm going to ask bat it's name

Bartholomew Atticus Thelonious but "Bat" is cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

>Tak takes another drink before trying to transform between elf form and back a few times, eventually settling on it for a little while. With the comprehend languages affect going his full name is translated to 'Old Red Eyes' with Tak meaning 'Red'. The 'old' bit is kind of a strange one for none of his species lives that long, old is instead kind of a way of denoting survival against the odds since most assassin bugs die in the first few years of life - born as they are without the protection of a society and left to fend for themselves from hatching in a hostile environment.

>This seems appropriate for both forms have deep blood red eyes, currently more so than usual even due to the smoke from Buddy's brazier. After a long moment the assassin speaks "So, where should we head next? And should we check that altar out... no offense to present company intended but I'm not the most religious of folk so not exactly my element."