Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Pikehead posted:

Not a fan of the Nationals, but, well, really? They couldn't complain-but-knuckle-under-anyways? Do the NSW Nationals have any idea of how badly this will play with the general public?

It's going to be interesting to see who is going to blink first (NSW Liberals or Nationals), and what sort of figleaf compromise is going to happen to get everyone to play well with each other.

Some dead koalas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Pikehead posted:

Not a fan of the Nationals, but, well, really? They couldn't complain-but-knuckle-under-anyways? Do the NSW Nationals have any idea of how badly this will play with the general public?

It's going to be interesting to see who is going to blink first (NSW Liberals or Nationals), and what sort of figleaf compromise is going to happen to get everyone to play well with each other.
NSW is the state that brought us https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooters,_Fishers_and_Farmers_Party The Nats are playing it like they are maverick defenders of the last true rights of the people. The right to be a completely brain dead arsehole. And nobody can stop them! It will play just fine everywhere people still vote National. And remember to go see Slim and I!

BN died from atheromatous coronary artery disease and cardiac hypertrophy. BN was serving a four month sentence. He was housed in a low-security unit and was allowed to work in the community. The coroner found there were an inadequate number of nursing staff available on weekend duty at the time of his death in March 2011.

ISSUES RAISED
Medical care required but not all given.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

hambeet posted:

What’s more important to you huh? koalas or water intensive crops?

Water, period. The Murray is hosed as is.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
One of the Queensland Government's most high profile ministers, Kate Jones, is expected to announce her retirement from politics.

The Tourism and State Development Minister is set to reveal her decision to quit political life on the last sitting day of Parliament before the October 31 state election.

Ms Jones is considered one of the Government's strongest performers, regularly relied upon for her negotiation skills.

She will become the third Minister in less than a week to reveal an intention not to recontest in the October poll.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Im in a nationals safe seat in regional nsw: nobody will give a poo poo.

Greens are in control and stop backburning, latte sippers don’t care about the country, need real people like nationals.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

She will become the third Minister in less than a week to reveal an intention not to recontest in the October poll.
The gently caress are they doing?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Pikehead posted:

Nat voters live on another planet. Who knows how this plays with them. Probably well.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Cartoon posted:

ISSUES RAISED
Medical care required but not all given.

Thank you for annotating your post. I read this, and decided I wouldn't read the post.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Looks like some bad internal polling is making ministers jump?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Amethyst posted:

Thank you for annotating your post. I read this, and decided I wouldn't read the post.

Go for a third try, maybe someone will laugh at it.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Go for a third try, maybe someone will laugh at it.

Wow, lighten up, perhaps?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Went and checked out the facebook page for the Shooters and Fishers party and it's almost exclusively complaints about :

-Sports rorts/other coalition pork barrelling
-Mismanagement of the murray darling river plan

I didn't see any posts calling for greater koala death, in fact all the comments were making GBS threads on the Nats for imagining this would win them over.

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 10, 2020

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Seems moot, we're comin' up on all those trees exploding season anyway, why waste the effort to chop 'em down

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

SA apperantly just passed a ban on single use plastic so I am pretty happy. How is it our state Liberals are seemingly better than many other states Labor parties.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

paul murray live? i wish he wasn’t lmao

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

The Peccadillo posted:

Seems moot, we're comin' up on all those trees exploding season anyway, why waste the effort to chop 'em down

Well if you want to cut down the cypress pine a bit too close to your house, you will have 28 days of consultation with the local council to reconsider it :v:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Well if you want to cut down the cypress pine a bit too close to your house, you will have 28 days of consultation with the local council to reconsider it :v:

Fair point

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Electric Wrigglies posted:

I built my house in a bushfire prone area right next to established native trees and now the council will only let me clear a defendable space rather than moonscape my property :qq:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Megillah Gorilla posted:

the same thing julie bishop and chris pyne did when they thought they were going to get rolled

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Queensland is in much better hands in the ALP

In a minority government with the Greens.

Maybe the KAP, I dunno State KAP isn't that crazy.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

Maybe the KAP, I dunno State KAP isn't that crazy.

do you know many people who lives in the jbp era?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

As for Queensland and leaving ministers does not seem to be jumping ship? least for the first two, one is leaving due to sickness and the other is a practicing doctor who could not juggle both jobs at once.

The third one, yeah she is jumping ship

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

new thread is up

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939870

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Tommunist posted:

Some dead koalas