Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

This game may (definitely does) contain spoilers for the entirety of the show

Come on in.

You, player, are dead. My name is Kloaked00, and I am the Good Place architect. This is Spoonsy, my co-architect. You are here because you lived a good life on Earth, and now you and the other 23 hand-selected people of this neighborhood get to enjoy the afterlife in this small slice of happiness. Enjoy the Fro-Yo, the beautiful weather and of course anything else that you need from our Janet.

*Bing*

Hello, I’m Janet. Anything that you might need to make your afterlife better or more fulfilling, just ask!

Thank you Janet. *Bing*

We’ll be having the welcome party tonight, flying lessons tomorrow, and later on you’ll even get to pick out a soul-mate pet! I know, it’s all very exciting. I have a few more residents to welcome so I’ll let you explore for now. See you around!

Welcome to Mafia: The Good Place
This is a closed set-up game for 24 people. The game is now open for sign-ups! Standard rules apply:

1. This game is modded by Kloaked00 and Spoonsy. If you have questions feel free to contact us by PM or discord.
2. The town win condition is: You win when all anti-Town forces are eliminated.
3. Please do not lurk. We understand that Life Happens sometimes, or in general you just might not feel up to it once the game has begun. That is fine! Please contact us and we will sort it out one way or another, but we promise we will not be upset. Podima's Anti-Lurking Rules v3.3 will be in effect for this game. Don't sign up if you're going to skim the edges of these rules, please - 10 posts should mean 10 substantial posts, not 10 content-less doo-doo posts.
4. This game will NOT include plurality votes. If a majority decision is not reached before the deadline, the day will end with no one being eliminated (which is bad for the town).
5. Anyone who may need one has been provided with a full role PM as a fake claim. In addition, flavor is not indicative of alignment.
6. You are forbidden from quoting any private communications with the moderators, from talking to any player (living or dead) outside the thread unless your role says you may.
7. Twilight Posting is allowed after hammer for the remaining living players. You may continue to post until the day-ending Mod posts begin.
8. No editing of any kind is allowed. This includes ninja edits to fix spelling, grammar, formatting, etc. If you need to, just make a mafia edit by quoting your post and fixing what you need. If you are caught making any edits, you will be modkilled without warning.
9. Join the discord for this thread. Roles will be given here and such. :frogsiren: Good Place Mafia Discord :frogsiren:
10. No PM comparing shenanigans (format, capital letters, etc.)
11. Remember this game is about having fun so don’t go out of your way to be a jerk to people. This should be fun!

Player List
1. Officer Liger
2. Jose Valasquez
3. Khris Kruel replaced by B-minus1
4. Amnistar
5. CapnAndy
6. Tom Tucker
7. Zzyzx
8. Mr. Steak
9. Voodoofly
10. Kumba
11. Merk
12. Varinn
13. 50lbs of Bread
14. The Ninth Layer
15. Sandwolf
16. Token Female
17. Hambeet
18. Jivjov
19. Vivat Virtue
20. Yuming
21. LordNad
22. Deadbeat Dad
23. Jamuraan replaced by Hal Incandenza
24. CCKeane

Replacements

Game Status: Day 2

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Current Votes
Votecount for Day 1

Those That Have Moved On

Mr. Steak, David Ketterttrune, Vanilla town (Town-Aligned) was shot by Amnistar during Day 1
LordNad, Medium Janet, Watcher (Janet-Aligned) was chasm'd Day 1
Amnistar, Doug Forcett, Bounty Hunter (Bounty-Hunter aligned) was burned up Night 1
Token Female, Tahani Al-Jamil, Mason (Town-Aligned) was ladle'd Night 1

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 7, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I want to sign up :)

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I’ll do the thing

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I cant decide whether to choose to kill 5 scum or 1 scum.

I'm in

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I'm in.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm in, I'm gonna be Disco Janet

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ok

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I will sign up!

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Mmhmm.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
extremely in

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

gently caress it I’m in

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would like to observe.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I shouldn't do this, but I love TGP too much to miss this game. In it to Bortles.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mr. Humalong posted:

I would like to observe.

Same, same. I'm assuming there's no spoiler policy regards to the show?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

The setup was taken from the entirety of the series, so yes there may be spoilers. There are no restrictions against posting information about characters / events that may constitute spoilers

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Kloaked00 posted:

The setup was taken from the entirety of the series, so yes there may be spoilers

I mean it's a finished show but you may want to note that in the description, given the, uh, nature of the show and all.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

silvergoose posted:

I mean it's a finished show but you may want to note that in the description, given the, uh, nature of the show and all.

Good idea, spoiler warning added

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

gently caress it I’m in

Hello!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

What's good, motherfuckers.

Put me in.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

Hello!

I’m voting you first.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

That's a bingo!

In.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hey sign me up!!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Varinn posted:

What's good, motherfuckers.

Put me in.
I feel like we should policy-vote anyone who swears, that sort of language isn’t approved of in this neighborhood.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Until the game starts, I'm still stuck on this terrible mortal coil, so I'm free to lose all the points I want, suckers!!!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

IN this terrible mortal coil. I have to repair my no-editing discipline, I almost broke fixing this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AND MY AXE

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Sure, I'll play though I think I'm about to be punished.

Token Female fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 30, 2020

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I've literally never played Mafia before; can I learn how to in this game? Or shall I leave spots open for more experienced players?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

I've literally never played Mafia before; can I learn how to in this game? Or shall I leave spots open for more experienced players?

Everything is fine.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I also know nothing of The Good Place, will that be a problem? (other than the premise of "its the afterlife")

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

I also know nothing of The Good Place, will that be a problem? (other than the premise of "its the afterlife")

You might miss some jokes, but that should also be fine!

edit: oh hey if you see this edit its me, currently the main mod now!

Those That Have Moved On

Mr. Steak, David Ketterttrune, Vanilla town (Town-Aligned) was shot by Amnistar during Day 1
LordNad, Medium Janet, Watcher (Janet-Aligned) was chasm'd Day 1
Amnistar, Doug Forcett, Bounty Hunter (Bounty-Hunter aligned) was burned up Night 1
Token Female, Tahani Al-Jamil, Mason (Town-Aligned) was ladle'd Night 1

Yuming, Bambadjan, (Town-Aligned), was Chasm'd Day 2
CCKeane, Disco Janet, Mafia Member (Janet-Aligned) was burned up Night 2
Sandwolf, Jason, Vanilla (Town-Aligned) had his neck snapped Night 2
Liger, Vicky, Alignment Cop (Town-Aligned) was ladle'd Night 2

Varin, Pilboi, Agent of Chaos (Town Aligned) was Chasm'd Day 3
JivJoy, Janet, Role Cop (Janet-Aligned), had his neck snapped Night 3
Voodoofly, Bad Janet, Ninja (Janet-Aligned), beat himself to death with his Emmy, Day 4
DeadbeatDad, Larry Hemsworth, (Town-Aligned) has been blown up by a frog keychain!
50 pounds of bread, Brent Norwalk, (Town-Aligned), had his free lunch in the Chasm

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 15, 2020

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

jivjov posted:

The most important thing to know is that you aren’t allowed to lie in the good place, so if you are mafia and someone asks you have to say yes

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah alright, I'm in.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jivjov posted:

well, depending on the level of detail in the flavor, you might have a lot of the show spoiled for you. if thats something you don't care about, then it won't be a problem

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

You can also just binge season 1 don't look up any info just do it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Wow so many of us oldies, okay I'm in!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

jivjov posted:

Here let me fill you in on what all you need to know:

In a mansion called Xanadu, part of a vast palatial estate in Florida, the elderly Charles Foster Kane is on his deathbed. Holding a snow globe, he utters a word, "Rosebud", and dies; the globe slips from his hand and smashes on the floor. A newsreel obituary tells the life story of Kane, an enormously wealthy newspaper publisher. Kane's death becomes sensational news around the world, and the newsreel's producer tasks reporter Jerry Thompson with discovering the meaning of "Rosebud".

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If Krell is actually allowed in this game and is still the same Krell from years past you can go ahead and take me off the signups