Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Went to buy some Pedialyte on the advice of a GOON (mafarkin goontips ITT :heysexy:). Has more electrolytes that plants need lol. Anyways, I was gonna stock up for the Roni Pandemic but I see this stuff is $6/bottle. My Wallet!!!

Now dont get me wrong, Lowtax pays a fair wage for professional shitposting but even I cant afford this luxury. Pedialyte is glucose, potassium and sodium off the top of my head, so it's like Morton's Lite Salt and Kool-Aid. Convenient, yes. But a total f*cking ripoff IMO :ssj:

Any GOONS have an explanation for this injustice? Share your thoughts, conspiracy theories, and other amusing anecdotes itt :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

babies drink pedialyte are you a baby

Aquamarie
Jul 22, 2004

do not swim without knowing jeez
Why would you stockpile baby medicine if you don't have stockpile of sick babies?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s because of ADULTS LIKE YOU who are drinking all the pedialyte and making the JOB MARKET for babies SO lovely right now op. :catbert:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

one time a baby drank pedialyte and the baby died

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's so pediadark

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there are like 1000 different single-serving electrolyte powders you mix with water and arent nearly as marked up in price

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The powdered Pedialyte works out to be a lot cheaper, you just mix it with water yourself. And the fruit punch flavor is delicious!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You can make your own you just like grind up some Sweet Tarts into a glass of water.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

there are like 1000 different single-serving electrolyte powders you mix with water

such as *consults ancient tome* ... salt.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
^^ This, Emergen-C is one for example- has more vitamin C than is usable by the human body plus B vitamins. None of the flavors are as tasty as the Pedialyte

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i only drink pink himalayan salt pedialyte and let me tell you, ive never felt so in alignment with the cosmic energies

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you give a baby pedialyte for free they'll just get addicted to it and lazy that's why you have to make them work for a wage to earn it it's quite simple even the babies know that

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City posted:

one time a baby drank pedialyte and the baby died

hosed up if true

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

babies drink pedialyte are you a baby

Glad u are here, came across this video the other day. I believe you asked me to record it for you but i dont think I psted it ROFL
https://vimeo.com/411981330

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
This gave me such an irony overload I caught on actual fire

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
You are an adult, just drink brondo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Glad u are here, came across this video the other day. I believe you asked me to record it for you but i dont think I psted it ROFL
https://vimeo.com/411981330

I have never felt more pride about anything before this moment

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:capitalism:

Hth op

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

such as *consults ancient tome* ... salt.
eh you need potassium as well as sodium for ...reasons. so its good to have em both covered. and sugar and flavorings

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

idiots are using it to battle hangovers OP

it drives the price up

drink a poweraid with an emergenC in it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just drink an entire pot of black coffee

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

The powdered Pedialyte works out to be a lot cheaper, you just mix it with water yourself. And the fruit punch flavor is delicious!

They're still way loving price inflated. It's like $10 for 6 pouches that make half a bottle each or something dumb. When like every other drink mix on the market is like 10 cents a pouch,

It's like a "DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO DIE?!?!?" tax

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
It's literally just Gatorade without the sugar, OP

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Glucose, potassium, sodium. Sprinkle some salt and sugar on a banana OP.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
...because only the best for my child :angel:

powerade's alot cheaper

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
When my one kid got foot and mouth disease, and then we all got it and it was loving awful, I had to get pedialyte for the kids and my mouth sores hurt so bad I drank some for nutrients, it’s so sickly sweet

That’s my story

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Soylent is adult pedialyte

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Do it ironically posted:

When my one kid got foot and mouth disease, and then we all got it and it was loving awful, I had to get pedialyte for the kids and my mouth sores hurt so bad I drank some for nutrients, it’s so sickly sweet

That’s my story

...are your feet ok

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Big Beef City posted:

...are your feet ok

Well he had the foot nutrient juice.
That's why it's called PEDialyte.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

...are your feet ok

I didn’t get sores on my feet but gently caress me I got a ton inside my mouth i don’t recommend, and on kids it’s all over

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why would you puke buckets and have diarrhea and waking up soaked?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Do it ironically posted:

I didn’t get sores on my feet but gently caress me I got a ton inside my mouth i don’t recommend, and on kids it’s all over
Pediatric RN friend told me you can soothe HFM oral sores by mixing 30ml maalox with 5ml benadryl and just kinda swab it on them with your fingertip.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the strawberry lemonade powerade is really tasty

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
They grind up babies and extract the electrolytes from the slurry, and as everyone with kids knows, babies are pretty expensive

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

you gotta the generic latin brand man jeez

that suero has got what you need

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Pedialyte is a waste of money. Sorry you found out the hard way.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

coconut water works and i like the way it tastes but regular water is pretty cheap

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
fuckin' drink some powerade, poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Doppelganger posted:

Pediatric RN friend told me you can soothe HFM oral sores by mixing 30ml maalox with 5ml benadryl and just kinda swab it on them with your fingertip.

Well hopefully I’ll never get it again but I’ll put this nugget away in the back of my head