Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1255667544796561408

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1255660050842083328

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 4/29 via https://www.f4wonline.com

quote:

Schiavone and Jericho previewed the card. A Wardlow squash match was added to everything that had already been announced.

TNT Championship Tournament semifinal: Cody defeated Darby Allin

These guys had a hell of a match. This took up nearly the first 30 minutes of the show.

The story of this match was Allin working over Cody's left knee.

They began with some chain wrestling. Allin targeted the knee with kicks.

They brawled outside where Allin dodged a charge from Cody. Cody accidentally took out Brandi. Cody briefly got the upper hand until Allin went back after the left knee. Back in the ring, Allin used a heel hook, a kneebar and an Indian deathlock variation.

As Cody rolled outside to collect himself, Britt Baker hit him with her shoe from the audience.

After a commercial break, Cody made a comeback. He landed a lariat, an x-plex and a disaster kick. Allin cut Cody off and hit Cross Rhodes for a near fall.

Allin used a figure four. Brandi returned to the ring with a bottle of water. Cody took a swig. Allin connected with a forearm and Cody did a spit take.

Allin went for a second rope Coffin Drop. Cody caught him coming in and hit Cross Rhodes. Allin kicked out. Cody went for a top rope Coffin Drop. Allin got his knees up.

The finish saw Allin go up top for a Coffin Drop. He landed it, but Cody pulled him over into a backslide and pinned him. This was the Triple H/Jeff Hardy finish from No Mercy 2007.

We got another Scorpio Sky personality profile.

Sky said Kazarian and Daniels had been looking for a third guy for SCU. They picked him.

He said he really started to get over with the "worst town" spots in Being The Elite.

MJF gave an injury update from "his rat's mansion" in Massapequa, NY.

He said he's made a miraculous recovery from his life-threatening hangnail.

He said he nicked his neck while shaving and put on a neck brace.

Wardlow defeated Musa

Wardlow won a quick squash with a knee to the face and an F-10.

A Bubbly Bunch episode aired. They spoofed the stunt performer video that went viral this week.

This featured a ton of celebrity cameos, including Kevin Smith, Lou Ferrigno, Jericho's dad Ted Irvine, Virgil and Vickie Guerrero.

Best Friends (w/Orange Cassidy) defeated Jimmy Havoc & Kip Sabian (w/Penelope Ford) in a no DQ/no countout match

This was chaos. Everyone worked hard but this went nearly fifteen minutes which was just too long.

Trent and Sabian hit topes early on. Havoc threw a chair at Cassidy's head and took him out. Cassidy went backstage.

Havoc suplexed Taylor on a pile of chairs on the floor. Trent speared Havoc on the floor. Havoc used a ladder and hit a slingshot on Trent into the ladder. This ladder didn't appear to be a gimmicked ladder and it didn't break until late in the match.

Trent and Taylor threw chairs at Havoc's head and did their hug spot. Havoc pulled Trent off the top rope onto the ladder. Taylor hit a piledriver on Sabian onto a pile of chairs. Taylor went for a cover but Ford pulled him out of the cover.

Cassidy ran back down to the ring and topped Havoc from sending Taylor through a ladder. Ford accidentally hit a knee strike and a spear to Sabian as she tried to hit Cassidy. Cassidy hit a dive off the post to Ford and Sabian.

The finish saw Taylor hit an Awful Waffle on Havoc on a pile of chairs for the pin.

A tremendous Britt Baker "role model" video package aired.

This co-starred Rebel, formerly of TNA, who is one of AEW's makeup artists. Baker referred to her as "Reba."

Baker said not everyone can be a role model. People who wear glasses can't unless they're a doctor. Fat people can't be role models. People with snaggle teeth can't. Baker used a photo of Schiavone to illustrate these points.

This was a comedy home run.

Shawn Spears defeated Baron Black

Spears won a squash with a sharpshooter.

Earlier in the match, Spears hit a vertical suplex, a C4 and also tried to twerk.

Taz broke down Lance Archer's Blackout in a video package.

Mr. Brodie Lee defeated Marko Stunt

Lee hit a big boot, a series of throws, then pinned Stunt with a sit-out powerbomb.

Jon Moxley cut a promo. This was excellent.

He said he's thankful for Jack Daniels, his wife, and steel chairs. He said DDTs are always better on steel chairs than not. He said they didn't teach Jake Hager that at Oklahoma.

He said he'll be back swearing and bleeding in front of a crowd again soon and we'll all be together again soon.

Moxley said Dynamite is live next week. He's throwing some Metallica cds in his truck and driving east. He knows he has a target on his back with Double or Nothing coming up.

Moxley ended the promo by telling us to support local businesses by ordering takeout, and most importantly, not to forget to call our grandmothers.

Jon Moxley vs. Frankie Kazarian and MJF returning were advertised for next week's show.

Also announced was Kenny Omega and Matt Hardy vs. "Le Sex Gods" Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara in a street fight.

TNT Championship Tournament semifinal: Lance Archer defeated Dustin Rhodes (w/Brandi Rhodes)

This picked up in the last segment, but they had to go through two commercial breaks and worked at a lethargic pace in the first two segments.

Archer sent Rhodes rolling outside with a pounce. Archer grabbed a chair from under the ring. Rhodes grabbed the chair away. Archer kicked the the chair into Rhodes's face. Rhodes bladed.

Archer continued to work on the cut after a commercial break. The idea was to let the blood provide drama and tell the story. They worked very, very slowly.

Rhodes fired up and hit a series of strikes. He hit a last shot in the corner, which was not worthy of a DQ. Rhodes missed a knee drop and Archer used a chinlock before another ad break.

Rhodes hit a destroyer. They traded strikes. Rhodes ducked two lariats and hit his own lariat. Archer ducked a bulldog but Rhodes hit a powerslam.

Rhodes went for ten punches in the corner. He hit five punches before Archer cut him off. Rhodes hit Cross Rhodes but Archer kicked out at one.

Rhodes came off the top rope into a chokeslam by Archer for a two count.

Archer walked the top rope and hit a moonsault for a near fall. That was nuts.

Archer went for Blackout but Rhodes blocked. Archer hit a chokeslam for a two count. Rhodes used a backslide for a quick two count.

Archer exposed a turnbuckle, then rammed Rhodes face-first into it.

QT Marshall came to ringside with a towel. He threatened to throw in the towel. Cody ran out and stopped him.

Cody asked Dustin if he wanted him to throw in the towel. Dustin refused.

Archer pulled Rhodes to the center of the ring and used the EBD Claw to pin him.

News
Next week will be live, they will then tape the following week's show, then return live for the Double or Nothing go-home.

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT WEEK
OMEGA AND HARDY VS LE SEX GODS
MOX VS KAZ

DOUBLE OR NOTHING DEUX
Cody vs Archer for the TNT Championship

Links
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your First New Champions in AEW History the Second AEW Tag Team Champions:

Your Second AEW Women's Champion:

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to not have his title belt stolen at Longhorn Steakhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Le Sex Gods

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tony Khan Was Right

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

even though i was pretending to do something else, i was really reading all of the posts in the gd thread and calculating their value. here are this week's dynamite poster of the week and runners up

1. coconono
2. ShallNoiseUpon
3. Tweak
4. Writer Cath
5. karmicknight

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Everybody died.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

It turns out that empty arena wrestling is entirely viable. All you have to do is make the show good.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
who got more murdered tonite, marko or dustin?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how much smaller is marko than grizzly redwood NOT in liefabe? like 1 inch and a couple pounds? i'm writing a science book

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

AEW continues to be guaranteed good vibes

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alaois posted:

Tony Khan Was Right

He was loving right.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My current avatar depresses me.

I'm torn between a Hangman one and a Sammy one.

I would like to hear your opinons.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hey, I am just now watching the show and what the gently caress was the ending to Darby vs. Cody?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

we need a new Hangman avatar to replace coco's lost one

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Writer Cath posted:

marko stunt

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Writer Cath posted:

handswash is gonna be the champion sooner, but there's still plenty of room on sammy's bandwagon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

we lost a hangman avatar recently. would like to see one around these parts. Your decision will be respected

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hey, I am just now watching the show and what the gently caress was the ending to Darby vs. Cody?

That was the one low-point. But Jesus Christ what a show. Britt Baker is the comeback story of the decade.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gumball Gumption posted:

Cody pinned Darby

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tony Khan strongest money mark in galaxy

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

This sized to avatar dimensions

Not sure what the text should be.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Even Jimmy Havoc Was Good. When you're hot, you're hot.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Writer Cath posted:

Post the potential avs

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Writer Cath posted:

hangmin

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

I Before E posted:

This sized to avatar dimensions

Not sure what the text should be.

"I DON'T CARE IF IT'S ONLY THERE FOR ONE SECOND" etc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Catching the first half of the show now, but if it is anywhere near as good as the second half it's gonna be great.

That Britt Baker segment at her dental office was incredible.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 30, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1255678890200182784?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really enjoyed tonight's show.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Rewatching the Manitoba Melee and when Luther points at his head along and there’s a ding I chuckled.

Edit: who is the guy right before Vicki with the women by the pool?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Post the potential avs

I'll have to do some additional research. I am open to suggestions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Really enjoyed tonight's show.

:hai:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 30, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Great show

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Great show, Tony was right

Cavauro posted:

even though i was pretending to do something else, i was really reading all of the posts in the gd thread and calculating their value. here are this week's dynamite poster of the week and runners up

1. coconono
2. ShallNoiseUpon
3. Tweak
4. Writer Cath
5. karmicknight

my first time cracking the top 5, thank you for this honor

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i a ccident

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Still dislike the Cody/Darby ending, but otherwise, real fuckin' good show.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

quote:

The finish saw Allin go up top for a Coffin Drop. He landed it, but Cody pulled him over into a backslide and pinned him. This was the Triple H/Jeff Hardy finish from No Mercy 2007.

Petty much?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Petty much?

Dave was owning people on twitter by bringing up examples from as far back as 74.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Self-quoting here but

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I’m almost certain it’s the jet ski guy from Tiger King

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Dave was owning people on twitter by bringing up examples from as far back as 74.

Cody loves the classics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Government snitch/jet ski guy from Tiger King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqf3u18kQaA