Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

There's already one fruit based wrestler in AEW and no one is going to eclipse him

the apples and oranges blood feud that rocks our world, coming 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Carlito has not wrestled in like 10 years my point stands

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It always feels weird to me when the discourse here come to "god I wish they would get rid of this person" because, outside of obviously Hager, id be very sad to lose almost anyone on the roster right now. Like every person fills a unique, fun role that I've come to love, especially the lower guys like my boy QT, Cutler, Avalon, the Beaver Boys, etc.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

NienNunb posted:

It always feels weird to me when the discourse here come to "god I wish they would get rid of this person" because, outside of obviously Hager, id be very sad to lose almost anyone on the roster right now. Like every person fills a unique, fun role that I've come to love, especially the lower guys like my boy QT, Cutler, Avalon, the Beaver Boys, etc.

But Luther

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

Carlito has not wrestled in like 10 years my point stands

show some loving respect to the QPW tag team champ

21.02.2020 Qatar Pro Wrestling QPW Tag Team Title Three Way Match (vakant): Carlito & Chris Masters defeat Apolo & Apolo Jr. and Jody Fleisch & Jonny Storm - TITLE CHANGE !!!
QPW Super Slam 2 - Event @ Lusail Sports Arena in Doha, Katar

Carlito is a body guy now. He doesn't do the apple thing anymore.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, AEW is full of cool nerds that get to be fun, I don't want those cool people replaced with drones that have to relearn what wrestling is, even if you think they have a higher ceiling because they were in the bad company.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

But Luther

Don't you loving imply that I have anything but genuine love and respect for Japanese Death Match Legend Luther.

coconono posted:

show some loving respect to the QPW tag team champ

21.02.2020 Qatar Pro Wrestling QPW Tag Team Title Three Way Match (vakant): Carlito & Chris Masters defeat Apolo & Apolo Jr. and Jody Fleisch & Jonny Storm - TITLE CHANGE !!!
QPW Super Slam 2 - Event @ Lusail Sports Arena in Doha, Katar

Carlito is a body guy now. He doesn't do the apple thing anymore.

What the hell lmfao, they're still teaming together?????

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Besides if you automatically hire people that WWE fires, that will blow up in your face. ROH tried that numerous times, including with Matt Hardy.

Its better to let guys get out and get settled into whatever post-WWE is for them. Some of them will have some poo poo they need to get through before they can fully put their attention on wrestling again. Don't rush people just because you want to play wrestle dolls with them.

Carlito and Chris Masters have this thing where they go literally all over the world and work programs for international money marks. I think they picked up the reigns from Luke Gallows.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

NienNunb posted:

Don't you loving imply that I have anything but genuine love and respect for Japanese Death Match Legend Luther.

<Points at head, sticks out tongue, and nods>

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If they signed Heath to have him sell a lot, which he does well, I'd be all for it, but I don't think Heath as a credible upper midcard guy would really work. Have him stop in, get his rear end kicked by Lance, and let him go work the indies until he's ready to settle down.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Get Heath a Jeff Cobb deal so he can do the Archer/Wardlow/Mr. Brodie tour and then peace out

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Have Heath come in as That WWE Guy and try to bigtime everyone and then be killed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Based on the strength of the TV shows, I'd say Tony Khan, while a complete and total coward, knows what he's doing.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if you asked me to imagine what heath slater looks like without being able to google him, i wouldn't be able to do that

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if you asked me to imagine what heath slater looks like without being able to google him, i wouldn't be able to do that

i can only picture the Brooklyn Brawler

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he looks like a lanky Cole Radrick(of GCW fame) and that's about all I remember about him.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Have Heath come in as That WWE Guy and try to bigtime everyone and then be killed.

On the one hand, this sounds amazing and I love it. On the other hand, it sounds like something NXT would do about an AEW guy and so I must hate it.

Such is the duality of pro wrestling.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Luther's recent interview with Justin Roberts made me like him. Yes his gimmick is stupid but honestly he's barely been on TV and has wrestled one match on the company Youtube show, y'all are complaining about him like he's beating up the Elite every week.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i just hate the head pointing tongue thing so god damned much :negative:

edit:
like if that's the point, then loving BRAVO

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress, get Cutler off bte

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope Fenix brings his brother in via a Whatsapp call

PAC is also no way coming in, right? Fenix carrying two tablets as PAC and Pentagon scream bloody murder would own

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

Based on the strength of the TV shows, I'd say Tony Khan, while a complete and total coward, knows what he's doing.
He's on the latest AEW podcast and yeah, he seems like he really knows what he's doing, but is also very open to listening to others and seeks out the advice of other people when he's not sure. He really credited Tony Shiavone for a lot of how well the pandemic tapings worked out.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sometimes this thread acts like that one tweet about centrists saying "I'd like to see Trump wriggle out of THAT one!", except it's like "I'd like to see Tony Khan use THIS person properly! *tony khan effortlessly uses person in a proper way, they get over* Ah. Well, nevertheless..."

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I am giving Japanese Deathmatch Legend Doctor Luther the benefit of the doubt until he gets an actual deathmatch. But I’d better see some light tubes or at least something on fire.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChrispyCruiser/status/1258100574173741056

lol

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Use in your promo tonight, Mox.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

for the people who don't actually read things, this is about the november match between mox and kenny where they bled all over the place

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Isn't $10k like peanuts to Tony Khan?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

for some blood in a wrasslin' match? what a bunch of nerds in Maryland

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Vandar posted:

Isn't $10k like peanuts to Tony Khan?

He probably wipes his rear end with 10k's worth of bills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dynamite thread.
New Discussion thread.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 7, 2020