Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Aren't the original floor owner monsters called Guardians in the comic translation? It's easy to get confused referring to them as Administrators when the testing rankers are called administrators. Weird choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Sindai posted:

Aren't the original floor owner monsters called Guardians in the comic translation? It's easy to get confused referring to them as Administrators when the testing rankers are called administrators. Weird choice.

Not a spoiler, but this is a translation confusion that goes back to western viewers from the very beginning. It's apparently a lot more clear in Korean.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So uh this might be me misremembering stuff from the webtoon but I thought everyone fell for khuns acting and that was the whole point. Bam being an irregular got everyone to nope out before they saw Khun being a coward.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Jose posted:

So uh this might be me misremembering stuff from the webtoon but I thought everyone fell for khuns acting and that was the whole point. Bam being an irregular got everyone to nope out before they saw Khun being a coward.

Yes, they reversed this. No one had to be tricked, everyone likes Bam regardless of his status.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I actually genuinely liked all the changes they made to this episode to differentiate it from the manhwa. Serena's farewell, Hoh's funeral, Bam talking with Rachel, nobody falling for Khun's bluff, these were all good changes/additions.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Agreed. The only thing I felt like was a misstep was Khun sussing out Hoh's letter. That was conveyed confusingly.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I just wish Rachel had some agency rather than just being someone who things happen to.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Well she passed the tests second only to Khun, so it's not like she sucks or anything. But yeah she's kind of caught in Baam's protagonist orbit.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
So is the big eyeball/administrator that Bam made a contract with for the shinsu power something that everyone sees? It felt to me like I wasn't supposed to think that happens all the time.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Yea, the only time anyone pretty much interacts with the administrator is making the shinsu contract. And then they are pretty much ignored.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I think Tower was asking if everyone who makes a contract sees GIANT EYEBALL OF DOOM or if Bam was already special in seeing that.

If Irregulars are such bad news it's a wonder that Rankers don't kill them on sight. Maybe Hedon gets pissy if you try to kill Irregulars.

Would make sense if Irregulars are considered bad by Jahad's point of view but Hedon don't give a poo poo.

Was a pretty good episode. Except for the continued existence of Paracule, I really don't like him.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Everyone who made the contract saw the Eyeball of Doom. What's special about Bam was that it was suggesting that the contract would be more of a hindrance than a help to him.

Eighties ZomCom fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 4, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

What makes irregulars so dangerous? Other than Bam being unusually competent with his shinsu use, he hasn't seemed unusually dangerous.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

What makes irregulars so dangerous? Other than Bam being unusually competent with his shinsu use, he hasn't seemed unusually dangerous.

I think it has something to do with their mindset and perhaps their potential? If you grew up in the tower you'd tend to follow norms while an outsider wouldn't know the norms and upset status quo? With all their talk about protecting the tower that seems like something that has a high risk chance of being a danger.

So far he's befriended 2 princesses and also was entrusted and sucessfully used one of their swords and now he's taking a super special test to avoid rules.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Which is kinda weird because no one really seems bothered when Bam or even other Regulars ask questions about stuff that should be "the norms"

The fact that everyone is ignoring the disappearance of Slow feels kinda weird. It clearly had something to do with Rachel and given that Bam clearly knows her and is an Irregular, surely people now realise Rachel is also an Irregular?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Nitrousoxide posted:

I suppose this is technically a spoiler. No specific plot details but some general setting stuff that might get covered better later:

Generally speaking, there are Rules to the Tower and Irregulars, having opened the door on their own, aren't subject to them.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm guessing something about that bit where he just used a poo poo-ton of that gold shinsu during the crown game might be related to it.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Also something with that bit about forming a contract when the Administrator says "what? why? its just going to hold you back. well, whatever"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mimesweeper posted:

Also something with that bit about forming a contract when the Administrator says "what? why? its just going to hold you back. well, whatever"

For detail

This is maybe to spoilery for spoilers? deleted. Anyway getting to the Administrators.

While mostly inactive in the present day due to Jahad, the Administrators used to control the floors actively and what Jahad won in those challenges was the right to control the floor effectively. So Jadad put his own people in place after he decided to become king. Thus the Administrators only control the Shinsu on the floor these days

In addition the floor Administrator/Guardian will respond if someone is destroying the floor etc. And it is effectively. Cthulhu has noticed you, you have its full attention, Cthulhu is not happy with you and is going to destroy you. THE END*

*some exceptions exist

Also for people saying eyeball. The Administrator is just a really really really really REALLY huge fish.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 4, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Speaking of Shinsu is it some Korean word like Bam?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Apparently so:

quote:

Shinsu (신수 (神水), shinsu, literally "divine water")

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

I know I haven't been in this thread much but I'm going to tap the sign to remind y'all.

limeicebreakers posted:

What's the spoiler policy for this thread?

No spoilers, period.

I think what Shugojin said and most of what AtomikKrab said was already implied/said in the anime, no need to delete anything. But be careful.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tower of betrayal.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

We just saw him pick up a Ranker's technique instantly after only seeing it used once. Instant learning of any technique seems quite powerful.

Other people have said some stuff about irregulars already, but they're clearly unique just by the name and that status comes with certain perks. Any more detail would be spoiling though.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 10, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I don't like it when they make it this 'hopeless' because it just means there's some deus ex coming in either Bam, the Fish, or the Administrator coffee guy intervening or undoing things.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

My guess is Androssi tells Ren to go gently caress himself and defeats or at least fights him to a draw with the Green April. That would technically also win Anaak and her's bet since he's controlling the monster, so she'll get the black march.

I 100% think she does it for Baam and not for Anaak though.

As for protecting the dolphins (seals?) I'm not sure how they'll get out of that pickle.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Something I wish they hadn't skipped over was Hansung talking with Bam directly before he sees the Administrator and admitting that yes, he was behind Hoh's betrayal because he's aware Bam is dangerous. Not because its overt, but because it has this nice little exchange, which I'll paraphrase:

Bam: What's at the top of the tower?

Hansung: Everything.

Bam: But not Rachel.

Hansung: That doesn't change anything.

Bam: It does for me.

Of course, the rest of the anime shows you well enough that Baam prizes his friend(s) over everything else, but I thought it was a cool little moment of Bam standing up for himself and what he finds precious, going against what everyone else struggles for like fame or power or wealth.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Is the season 12 or 13 episodes? Pretty impressed with how they've condensed the first season of the webtoon down, looking forward to the finale of this season, and really looking forward to the next season.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

Is the season 12 or 13 episodes? Pretty impressed with how they've condensed the first season of the webtoon down, looking forward to the finale of this season, and really looking forward to the next season.

13 I believe. I've been keeping up in the webtoon to where the anime is and we have about 10 chapters left in season.

One thing I liked about the anime that hasn't been in the webtoon what's the talk with Rachel last episode with Baam. The one where she tells him he should go on without her because she changed after entering the tower. That scene went a long way toward establishing the two of them and their relationship now that they're both on the tower and as far as I can tell that was completely absent from the webtoon

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kild posted:

I don't like it when they make it this 'hopeless' because it just means there's some deus ex coming in either Bam, the Fish, or the Administrator coffee guy intervening or undoing things.

Watch the episode again, heck watch a bunch of episodes. It is entirely obvious whats going to save some bacon here.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Watch the episode again, heck watch a bunch of episodes. It is entirely obvious whats going to save some bacon here.

It's called deus ex not hime ex...

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Otherwise all those vignettes would have been pretty pointless throughout the season.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Need gif of Anaak and Endorsi feet fighting

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
As long as these friends stick together there's nothing they can't accomplish :buddy:

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Do you think Rachel exhibited #girlpower this episode?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The change to the Bull fight was kind of funny because of Baam hadn't exploded out of it at that exact moment on that exact trajectory Rachel wouldn't have needed to do anything.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I don't remember the bull being that gently caress HUGE.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
yo is that the last episode of the season? :comeback:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I don't think so, there's several chapters of aftermath to cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nitrousoxide posted:

I just wish Rachel had some agency rather than just being someone who things happen to.

I guess it's now safe to respond to this post to say: don't worry, Tower of God has you covered. :v: