Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I know we post with a lot of ironic detachment here, but I'm starting to wonder if it might be a spiritual hole in my life that I've never felt so exultant I could only express myself in hooting like a base animal. Perhaps that is why so many people get their wills all bound up in sex, the only magisterium easily offering such profound intensity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
No OP, but I was riding some kind of roller coaster one time and felt real bad, and I figured maybe people are screaming because it's making them feel better, so I tried doing that too, but all it did was make the people next to me stare at me in shock and horror.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i could tolerate or agree with a number of my everyday sounds being labelled 'hoots' and I am a big hollerin' boi so I will give this a yes

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

yeah, I have (Danzig show, so understandable, I hooted and hollered) but I also felt weird about expressing emotions later.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I can tell you a hoot without a holler is like a chugga chugga without a choo choo

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
When I see a varmint, yes

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Mooey Cow posted:

No OP, but I was riding some kind of roller coaster one time and felt real bad, and I figured maybe people are screaming because it's making them feel better, so I tried doing that too, but all it did was make the people next to me stare at me in shock and horror.

You're supposed to wait for the ride to start before you scream.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hootie hoo!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
no op but i have hooted, hollered and gone hog wild like a bastard

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've hooted and hollered, yes.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I've hollered at hooters.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've hooted ("That band I love, you can see their silhouettes against the smoke!)

and hollered ("That man put the ball in the thing!")

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KBNju2d9w

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Ive never been that happy

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
I've hooted and hollered, but I've never felt both "fine" and "dandy" at the same time.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
yes but only under the influence of various substances.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dsf posted:

yes but only under the influence of various substances.

i did lsd yesterday but didnt hoot or holler

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
One time while hanging out the passenger side of my best friend's ride, I hooted at a woman on the street. She had previously instructed me not to holler at her, so this seemed a reasonable adjustment.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
When I went skydiving I started hooting and hollering. My friends said they could hear me from the ground, and the instructor said it was the most fun he's had doing a jump in a long time. Gonna do it every time.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
i work[ed] at a blues club and when they asked everyone to give it up right before the band starts (i would usually wait for the second exhortation) i would sometimes bend over backwards and scream at the absolute top of my lungs. it's quite exhilarating and easy not to be self-conscious about it because it's mostly drowned out by the sound of everyone else's applause (unless they're right next to you). occasionally i have mistimed it and definitely freaked people out. multiple managers have asked me to stop. im not going to stop.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I can tell op ain't never been to a barn wedding

You tell me if your high fallutin' suit n tie city weddings let you piss in a corner and pass out in a haystack

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

Also I'm told I have a really loud "party call" which I use at all shows and festivals.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I have often WO0T!'d and WOOHOO! 'd, if that doesn't count then it should.

Just let go and be naturally exuberant and loud in your appreciation, OP. No one will judge you, and if they do gently caress them.

Or maybe you need to go to better shows.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Willfrey posted:

I can tell op ain't never been to a barn wedding

You tell me if your high fallutin' suit n tie city weddings let you piss in a corner and pass out in a haystack
define "let"

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

whoop whoop ninjas

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you haven't let out a joyous and weirdly, and oddly guttural
"eeeeEEEEyyyyYOOOoooaaaaaaaHHHY!! ooOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO HHHOOOOOOO!!" while throwing your head back and whipping your partner's exposed buttocks with a dusty cowboy hat in orgiastic pleasure just at the sight of it, or even not at the sight of it, or even without a partner, and you're just hitting your own genitals with a hat, I'm not sure what to tell you.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I have hollered at music shows. And have hooted around cold water, like cold showers after a hot sauna or not realizing how cold a natural body of water is.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:woop:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I have hooted and hollered at the following events:
Monster truck rally
Destruction derby
Rodeo
Medieval Times
Pirates Dinner Theater
Riding an all terrain vehicle in the mountains
Drunken axe throwing contest

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uIxSwvmWVM

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNknUbBR0oY

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Depends if im at a hootenanny or a shindig, OP

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I can holler but my voice doesn't go high enough for a good hoot

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I hooted and hollered once, in 2004, and it cost me my campaign for President.

I have remained silent ever since.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I often hoot and holler

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
I've been hooted and hollered at :blush:

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

Big Beef City posted:

If you haven't let out a joyous and weirdly, and oddly guttural
"eeeeEEEEyyyyYOOOoooaaaaaaaHHHY!! ooOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO HHHOOOOOOO!!" while throwing your head back and whipping your partner's exposed buttocks with a dusty cowboy hat in orgiastic pleasure just at the sight of it, or even not at the sight of it, or even without a partner, and you're just hitting your own genitals with a hat, I'm not sure what to tell you.

My genitals have a little cowboy hat that they whip themselves with, thank you very much. :clint:

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I'm the guy who shouts "wooooooo" during standing ovations

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I have hooted and hollered, but it was in a designated non-exuberance zone, so it wasn't legitimate. I feel better having got that off my chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

The Bramble posted:

I'm the guy who shouts "wooooooo" during standing ovations
I love that guy. He speaks for everybody