Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

So an auction comes up for a free hacker array. These let you pay money to induce shortages and surpluses on the commodities market. Asmiov wins the auction for 32,000 which is way more than it'd normally go for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Also circled in red is a bunch of my nomad opponent's buildings that I shorted out, you can see how my power surge bounced around a goon squad and revealed it to me. This was an effective hit. I was officially trying to start some poo poo and get my opponents flustered and divided.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We've switched our buildings entirely into water pumps on our larger water patch and farms on the smaller one, food has become very valuable. Again, carbon as our building resource makes it much easier and faster for us to make these transitions which is why I'm being so indecisive here.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

But there's a problem! Who's that lowering the price of food while I'm making it? It's clarke! He's really making me mad! So I nuke his water pumps. If he can't provide water for the farms he can't keep selling it profitably, eventually he'll have to give in.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I start checking everyone's cash plus resources value. Yep, I'm still ahead. I have the money to hit level 5, the max amount of claims you can have per game, but I'm thinking about establishing dominance. It's time I try and kill a company.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Bradbury has the most shares of his own stock, he's the player smart enough to know I might try this. So I choose him to try and kill.

Red is his share power, three out of five blips needed to keep me from beating him for at least another six minutes.

Green is my own buy button and my single blip of his stock. I'm going for my second blip as of the moment that screenshot was taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If I can get six blips before he can secure two, he's dead. A tall order to be sure.