Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
was there really any difference between Limewire and Lemon Party?

not in the way i used them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
All I'm saying is the juices are interchangable when cooking

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Derpies posted:

All I'm saying is the juices are interchangable when cooking

What a dorkus-malorkus. I ain't eatin' no lemon cake mad with limes. That's hosed up. Apologize.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Literally A Person posted:

What a dorkus-malorkus. I ain't eatin' no lemon cake mad with limes. That's hosed up. Apologize.

Never I'll shove that lime cake down your craw hole and you'll beg for more !!!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
poo poo next IDIOTS are gonna be telling me lyme and lime aren't interchangable

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I use both limes and lemons

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Derpies posted:

Never I'll shove that lime cake down your craw hole and you'll beg for more !!!

Quit telling people about our love making.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Love to bite into a big slice of Key Lemon Pie

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've spent the better part of the week exhaustively juicing both with the tip of my penis and pouring it all into my urethra and I have to tell you...

yes there is a bit of a difference. It's not a terribly large difference between the two, but it is noticeable and quite distinguishable.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I'm going to see how many lemons I have and maybe make some lemon ginger simple syrup. Maybe put some peppercorns in there. Who knows, I'm crazy and you can't stop me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I'm going to see how many lemons I have and maybe make some lemon ginger simple syrup. Maybe put some peppercorns in there. Who knows, I'm crazy and you can't stop me.

STOP THEM!!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Haha, you...you can't put peppercorns in syrup. They're joking.
I mean it's peppercorns, peppercorns are savory and hard and syrup is...it's syrup you can't...they can't. They CAN'T.
You can't PUT peppercorns in syrup! You CAN'T DO IT.

TELL THEM THEY CAN'T DO IT!
TELL ME THEY WON'T DO IT!

Look, look! It's it's peppercorns they don't fit, they're too large, the spaces in the syrup, the water...it's all liquid...the peppercorns can't...I can't YOU CAN'T DON'T DO THIS NO! NOO!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Holy hell this thread makes me want some limeade. I was just at the grocery store though and I'm not going back just for limeade. Pray for me :(

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TheAardvark posted:

Holy hell this thread makes me want some limeade. I was just at the grocery store though and I'm not going back just for limeade. Pray for me :(

According to OP you can just make some lemonade instead. No big diff.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

TheAardvark posted:

why did you leave the grocery store without enough limes to make limeade

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

if you have an erect penis you can make limeade this week's experiments have proved that repeatedly. You'll have to tweak my methods a bit, but I believe you'll find it successful

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My local taqueria probably hates me because of the amount of cut limes I take every time I go there. I can imagine them thinking "what the gently caress does that dumbass white boy need all those limes for? weirdo"

But I DO need that many limes, because they're so loving good to squeeze over a bacon breakfast burrito. Lemons wouldn't be the same at all, gently caress off

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

On the one hand, limes are responsible for margaritas. On the other hand, lemons are responsible for Kentucky lemonade. Hmm.

If you have a lime then you make a Gimlet. If you have a lemon then you make a Tom Collins.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just love to have a big plate of paper-thin medium-rare flank steak, fresh pico made with ripe summer tomatoes and jalapeños straight out of the garden, plied on a soft warm tortilla and then just squirt the gently caress out of a lemon all over it. No difference whatsoever.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Just love to have a big plate of paper-thin medium-rare flank steak, fresh pico made with ripe summer tomatoes and jalapeños straight out of the garden, plied on a soft warm tortilla and then just squirt the gently caress out of a lemon all over it. No difference whatsoever.

:siren::mods::siren:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Limes are better on pretty much all mexican food except...except...

You know when you get take out or bring home leftover mexican food and even when you put it away you're thinking "eh that's not gonna keep that great" because maybe it's got shredded lettuce on it or crema or something that for whatever reason you know just isn't gonna 'fridge' that well?

Then at like 1am or for breakfast the next day you crack that fucker open and it's still cold and all hosed up and you have to cut into it with a knife because it's all set up now and poo poo?
Right then you hit THAT with a lemon and suddenly it's like 5x's better than a lime. That's proven by science.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've never heard of no key lemon pie

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Literally A Person posted:

According to OP you can just make some lemonade instead. No big diff.

Exactly.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Persian limes fuckin SUCK!!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Yes they taste extremely different. The answer is yes. What is wrong with you?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
All that rancid broth must have ruined OP’s tastebuds. Poor guy can’t even tell the difference between a lime and lemon anymore. You hate to see it folks.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

they are different and both good, but probably it's okay to interchange them for cooking reasons. have you all heard about meyer lemons? it is a very good lemon. check it out sometime!

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
If Harry Nilsson were alive, he'd have things to say on this subject.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is zero difference between tomatos and tomatillos.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

All that rancid broth must have ruined OP’s tastebuds. Poor guy can’t even tell the difference between a lime and lemon anymore. You hate to see it folks.

The broth gained sentience and totally isn't controlling me.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I had this disagreement with my girlfriend recently. She uses a lot of lime juice for Thai cooking and didn't see the difference between lemon juice, and therefore why we needed it. But it's different, I tell you, it's different!

Different color and everything.

Personally, I don't like limes very much. But lemons? Delicious!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lemons taste lemon-y and limes taste more lime-y OP. Hope this helps

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

they are different and both good, but probably it's okay to interchange them for cooking reasons. have you all heard about meyer lemons? it is a very good lemon. check it out sometime!

Meyers are good eatin’ lemons

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

my dog died im sad posted:

If Harry Nilsson were alive, he'd have things to say on this subject.

Put the lemon in the mangosteen and call me in the morning

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You know when you're cleaning your house and you're ready to do some dusting and you get that jingle in your head?

And you reach for "The LIME fresh scent of Pledge"? What's that? You don't? That's right you don't because you're not history's greatest loving monster.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

There is zero difference between tomatos and tomatillos.

tomatillos are so much better and I like tomatoes

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

You know when you're cleaning your house and you're ready to do some dusting and you get that jingle in your head?

And you reach for "The LIME fresh scent of Pledge"? What's that? You don't? That's right you don't because you're not history's greatest loving monster.

It's me, the lime pledge guy. Worse than hitler.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Nooner posted:

I had a friend in college who thought that limes were just under ripe lemons. Now she teaches kindergarten

This tracks with my experience of elementary school teachers when I did my teaching certificate. A math professor once complained that one of his students didn't see why she needed to learn 8th grade math since she would only be teaching 6th grade. Several of the other students in my education classes had to take the WEST-B more than once. The WEST-B tests you for middle-school level math and english ability at best.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Sex Skeleton posted:

This tracks with my experience of elementary school teachers when I did my teaching certificate. A math professor once complained that one of his students didn't see why she needed to learn 8th grade math since she would only be teaching 6th grade. Several of the other students in my education classes had to take the WEST-B more than once. The WEST-B tests you for middle-school level math and english ability at best.

Honestly middle school would be more effectively run as some kind of pit fight arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm fine with a slice of lemon in my JD and coke at the bar. A slice of lime in there loving ruins the whole thing though.