Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Better question is why are y'all making like, actual cocktails and poo poo? Just drink that literal poison straight from the bottle and get back to gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Better question is why are y'all making like, actual cocktails and poo poo? Just drink that literal poison straight from the bottle and get back to gaming.

Brother like this isn't already how I'm trying to get to an early grave

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm fine with a slice of lemon in my JD and coke at the bar. A slice of lime in there loving ruins the whole thing though.

Try it with a dash of lyme

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Could go for a Dark n Stormy with a healthy squeeze of LIME right now to be honest

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Could go for a Dark n Stormy with a healthy squeeze of LIME right now to be honest

I did this once with Lye and Lemon Pledge, now I'm immune to Corona Virus

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sprite is neither lemon nor lime flavor, OP, it's sugar flavor.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

BigBadSteve posted:

Sprite is neither lemon nor lime flavor, OP, it's sugar flavor.

This is irrelevant

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

You, a total fool: Oh mmm, lemme see here. I could certainly go for a nice mixed drink right now. Let's just get out these multiple ingredients.

Me, someone who has it all figured out: *grunting and gibbering as I bring the 1.75L of Evan Williams to my lips again, splashing some of the liquid on my back-lit iBuyPower keyboard*

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Derpies posted:

Honestly middle school would be more effectively run as some kind of pit fight arena

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Nooner loving gets it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That Led Zeppelin song except instead of squeezing his lemon until the juice runs down his leg it’s a lime

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Come to think of it what's really the difference between pineapple and pinesol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Come to think of it what's really the difference between pineapple and pinesol

Only one of em is good on pizza, and it ain’t pineapple!

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

lime is better on chicken lemon is better on fish

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I was ridiculed as a young man for making fun of the fact that, in Spanish, lemon and lime are the same word. A guy (native Spanish speaker) told me that they were the same. Just different flavors of the same fruit, like different kinds of apples or something. And everyone else agreed with him and said English is the one that hosed it up.

However, even this guy admitted that the two taste different. If you can't taste the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

It's like those assholes got stuck with only limes and now pretend that lemons are the same to delude themselves they aren't missing out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My palate must be heavily focused on citrus: Lime is my favorite fruit flavor, but lemon is just okay.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Drunk Nerds posted:

My palate must be heavily focused on citrus: Lime is my favorite fruit flavor, but lemon is just okay.

Lemon is a standout great flavor but I can get sick of it. Lime is an everyday flavor.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

meat glitter posted:

lime is better on chicken lemon is better on fish

Lime on fish is like that guy who eats everything with mango salsa.

Bad.

It's a bad thing.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you guys ever dip a wedge of lemon or lime in some table sugar and eat it? good stuff.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Take some lime and/or lemon peel (just peel no membrane) and simmer it in simple syrup for like 20-30 minutes. You want them softened but not like disintegrating. Eat. :boom:.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
best pairings for lemon or lime is mango

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone said the thing where pineapples have the same name in all languages except English

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
I like when my beer mug had some lime salt mix on the rim and when a girl has some lemon salt mix when I rim

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

they call the Brits 'Limey' as a nickname because when they take to the seas for their great migratory routes that's all they can eat or they die.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Big Beef City posted:

they call the Brits 'Limey' as a nickname because when they take to the seas for their great migratory routes that's all they can eat or they die.
What a bunch of loving dumbasses

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Has anyone actually ever SEEN a lemon? Not just a picture of one. Where is all this juice coming from?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Tom Gorman posted:

Has anyone actually ever SEEN a lemon? Not just a picture of one. Where is all this juice coming from?

IT'S BLEACHED LIME JUICE!
OP was right.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

Devils Affricate posted:

they taste completely different you stupid, worthless, disgusting sack of poo poo

I think you held back a bit too much on this guy

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Sous Videodrome posted:

I think you held back a bit too much on this guy

Nah gently caress you they're interchangable in cooking

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

Literally A Person posted:

Lime on fish is like that guy who eats everything with mango salsa.

Bad.

It's a bad thing.

dont you put mangos in my mouth!! lime + garlic + soy sauce + chipotle = bomb rear end chicken

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
But which goes better with rear end?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
loving up my teeth as a kid eating ice with either juice & chili powder with salt.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Pomelo.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Is that the one that smells like a sweaty grapefruit?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Roumba posted:

Is that the one that smells like a sweaty grapefruit?

It's like the jaundiced fat guy of citrus fruits.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

loving up my teeth as a kid eating ice with either juice & chili powder with salt.

I learned recently that there's a word for people who have a craving/addiction to eating ice but I forgot what it is.
Anyhow most times it has to do with iron deficiency and it can affect pregnant women as a result of iron deficiency during their pregnancies.

So congrats on previously being a pregnant child and curing your iron deficiency.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Big Beef City posted:

I learned recently that there's a word for people who have a craving/addiction to eating ice but I forgot what it is.
Anyhow most times it has to do with iron deficiency and it can affect pregnant women as a result of iron deficiency during their pregnancies.

So congrats on previously being a pregnant child and curing your iron deficiency.

Summer medicine tasted so good :(

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
there is op because my wife scolded me for buying lime juice instead of lemon

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Big Beef City posted:

Pica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

lime