Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
These threads are proof centrism is alive and well on the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

A4R8 posted:

These threads are proof centrism is alive and well on the forums

Wtf does that even mean?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Wtf does that even mean?

I don't know man. People been getting weird here (the forums) lately about their pet issues. Like basically everyday is someone is going off in innocuous threads about something or other being centrist, or liberal, or chud, or fascist, or whatever, apropos of nothing with seemingly no relation.

Dunno what's up with people. It's happening a lot in Games for some reason and I dunno why.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The no smoking thing on top of the no eating thing is just mean and a real kick in the pants to the don't be a dick thing

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
How's everyone's fasting going these days??

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
I'm going as fast as I can, like my hero Sonic the Hedgehog

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I eliminate the sinful beverage of beer so pious men aren't tempted. Truly I am making the greatest sacrifice for you all

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Wtf does that even mean?

I think it is in regards to the nihilism and empty hedonism expressed above as being the purpose to life because we simultaneously live in the best and worst possible world and changing it wouldn't matter even if we tried.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ollu posted:

I think it is in regards to the nihilism and empty hedonism expressed above as being the purpose to life because we simultaneously live in the best and worst possible world and changing it wouldn't matter even if we tried.

I still dont get it. Was he talking poo poo about me? If so gently caress him with a rusty, well, any rusty object will do. Maybe a railroad spike.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 6, 2020

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Wtf does that even mean?

God should be the center. That's my centrism

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I drank on Sunday. My friend is a demon who brutally tempted me by asking "Hey dude, wanna come over and have a driveway beer?" What defense do I have against that? So I went.

I'm going to try not to drink the rest of the month.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin
Ramadan day 12, I'm gonna get so fuckin drunk the second this is over

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Are you dumbasses seriously fasting for a religion you dont believe in?

Eat, drink, mangia!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Eat, drink, mangia!

A lot of people observe religious traditions just to make their family or parents happy, or for any other reason that they might feel like doing it. Who cares?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Relayer posted:

A lot of people observe religious traditions just to make their family or parents happy, or for any other reason that they might feel like doing it. Who cares?

I celebrate Christmas because its fun. Fasting doesnt sound fun. People should do what’s fun. If their definition of fun differs from mine, so be it. I’m feeling a little irritable today, if y’all cant tell.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Eat, drink, mangia!

I'm stuck in Morocco since the 'roni hit while I was travelling or something. I got a one way ticket back in February and a month later they closed everything down, including hostels and stuff. I got lucky, the family of one of the hostel managers is letting me stay with them at their riad, where everyone is doing ramadan. Figured I'd stick it out with them because they've been so nice to me. But yeah I'm in Morocco, so all the booze stores are closed for booze anyways this month (I don't know if bars would have been closed, but it's my current sitch right now). Otherwise I'd be drunk right now probably

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Convert to islam imo

When and if you come back to Murica you can turn it into a grift somehow, I'm sure!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Eat, drink, mangia!

No.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

Convert to islam imo

When and if you come back to Murica you can turn it into a grift somehow, I'm sure!

Based on previous experience, you should be able to at least get people to buy you pants

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Trollipop posted:

I'm stuck in Morocco since the 'roni hit while I was travelling or something. I got a one way ticket back in February and a month later they closed everything down, including hostels and stuff. I got lucky, the family of one of the hostel managers is letting me stay with them at their riad, where everyone is doing ramadan. Figured I'd stick it out with them because they've been so nice to me. But yeah I'm in Morocco, so all the booze stores are closed for booze anyways this month (I don't know if bars would have been closed, but it's my current sitch right now). Otherwise I'd be drunk right now probably

This may be the only valid reason for a non Muslims to fast for Ramadan and thats only if you don't insult the family you're staying with. I know my highly religious relatives wouldn't want you getting baptized, or taking communion unless you really meant it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smiling Mandrill posted:

This may be the only valid reason for a non Muslims to fast for Ramadan and thats only if you don't insult the family you're staying with. i know my highly religious relatives wouldn't want you getting baptized, or taking communion unless you really meant it.

I don't think that's really the same. You can't get communion unless you've had your first communion. If you go up there and take it anyway then that'd be offensive.

It's almost the exact equivalent of giving something up for Lent. You don't have to do it, if you do it it's not offensive, and it can even be a bonding type thing.