Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuGoDlG-qeA

If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die all shiny and shitposting inside a broken rear end Subaru with all my imaginary friends in AI.

gently caress I'm gonna die alone :(

Anyway it's MAY of this hell year so lets get stoned or drunk or whatever and chat or post meme or.... whatever. I'm gonna go and continue to fail to fix this loving Subaru and it is seriously pissing me off. START YOU loving PIECE OF poo poo I WANT SPACE IN MY GARAGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I feel you on the goddamn Subarus, that Outback really did a number on my patience. Thank gently caress I'm making normal money now or I'd have been turbo hosed

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Don't talk about broken Outbacks goddamnit.

*cries in leaking AC compressor*

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

It’s May here too now.
This month I have a big birthday coming up and I don’t like it :( I would rather stick with endless April..

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

STR posted:

No no no, tears for lube, not sealant silly

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I mean, you're not supposed to see oil and refrigerant bubbling out of the back of a compressor, are you?

(better than an engine, though :smith:)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 1, 2020

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I just go about my day with Astronomia playing in my head. Best to be prepared.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Holy poo poo it's Friday / almost Friday. When did that happen?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

STR posted:

Your not my supervisor!

AND gently caress SUBARU OUTBACKS

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The end of April is off to an AMAZING start.

Glad I nabbed a separate storage room awhile back. Moved a bunch of poo poo into it with Brokeback today from old place. My knees are loving dead. The family of 50 hogging all 8 dollies at the storage place to load a single truck in a place with over 500 storage units (provided by the facility, limit 1 per storage unit at a time) to load up a single truck deserve to be dead. :fuckoff: Brokeback holds a shocking amount of furniture though. Got a 1950s mid-century dresser in the drat thing with plenty of room to spare!

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 1, 2020

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've noticed a poo poo ton more covid denial popping up on facespace the past day or so. Is this the new right winger talking point?

It's the same folks who were making sure everyone knew about their guns and ammo a month and a half ago and were convinced either mad max or civil war 2 was coming.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Tomarse posted:

I would rather stick with endless April..

Isn't it still March?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

meltie posted:

Isn't it still March?

March 61st today, friends.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
I know we have a couple bakers in here so I was hoping for some help with a couple basic sourdough recipes. I am finishing up my first starter since yeast has been scarce around here. Any foolproof recipes? Bread is not the only answer

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
In on the ground floor of this one, how's all your satufrieusdays going

Only registered members can see post attachments!

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

STR posted:

*laughs in Lexus*

*weeps at bill for blown air shocks*

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Tomarse posted:

It’s May here too now.
This month I have a big birthday coming up and I don’t like it :( I would rather stick with endless April..

What up quarantine birthday buddy?
I had my 30th at the end of march and arranged a party for the first time since turning 20... Which I had to cancel

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

90s Solo Cup posted:

*laughs in Lexus*

I have a mini. Similar story. Fuuuuuuck the maintenance costs.

But it's paid for, and I can't afford a car that'll suck less.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Previa_fun posted:

I've noticed a poo poo ton more covid denial popping up on facespace the past day or so. Is this the new right winger talking point?

It's the same folks who were making sure everyone knew about their guns and ammo a month and a half ago and were convinced either mad max or civil war 2 was coming.

Surveys are saying they're a significant minority, but they sure are loving loud. Also delete facebook. I looked at it for the first time in months recently and I had a couple messages. Then I checked my feed and one of my friends is a moron.

THE MEDIA LIED ABOUT WHAT TRUMP SAID! HE NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO INJECT HOUSEHOLD CLEANSER, HE SAID DOCTORS SHOULD LOOK INTO INJECTING HOUSEHOLD CLEANSER. IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND THE PROBLEM IS THE MEDIA NOT THAT TRUMP IS OBVIOUSLY A loving MORON WHO THINKS DOCTORS DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU INJECT HOUSEHOLD CLEANSER.

:suicide:

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 1, 2020

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

LloydDobler posted:

Also delete facebook

Solid advice, here.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Finally convinced dad that he probably needs to upgrade his 1969 Massey Ferguson 135 tractor on the farm before it loving kills him, so now we're going tractor shopping tomorrow... And hes moaning about having to spend money on not dying. Mum has also told him to buy a new loving tractor before this one kills him too.

This is the same machine that has ended up sliding down a hill towards a dam totally out of control until the front end loader bucket bit into the ground TWICE now, once with me on it, once with him on it. Its 2wd, No power steering, No safety equipment beyond a ROPS cage, Barely functional even tho they're fully adjusted brakes, mediocre hydraulic performance, a front end loader with so much wear in the bucket pins you could get your pinkie in the bore with the pin, leaking hydraulic rams, leaking EVERYTHING else (because its a massey), its time for it to go to someone elses farm. Who doesnt have nothing but hills.

He's moaning about having to actually buy a new tractor (he got the massey for $3500 10 years ago because he matched the dealer trade in at his work) and Im just wondering what colour we'll end up getting- Its gotta have 4wd, front end loader and 4 in 1 bucket. Whether its a 3 or 4 series Deere, a 3000 series Kubota, A Case IH Farmall or a New Holland T3 or T4 I dont know!

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

freelop posted:

What up quarantine birthday buddy?
I had my 30th at the end of march and arranged a party for the first time since turning 20... Which I had to cancel

My birthday was on Wednesday, I had a bunch of friends coming to visit, instead I've spent it alone :(

90s Solo Cup posted:

*laughs in Lexus*

PO: woohoo lets overtighten the poo poo out of this timing belt

me: *wails in bent valves*

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

LloydDobler posted:

Also delete facebook.

Twitter is far worse.

"Social" media as a whole is a goddamn poison to society whatever it is.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Twitter is far worse.

"Social" media as a whole is a goddamn poison to society whatever it is.

Its a disease we cannot defeat. Its creation was inevitable.

We can however use it to do good. 50% of the population can be controlled by emotions and memes. Right now would be a great time to have them gather in large groups.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

rdb posted:

We can however use it to do good. 50% of the population can be controlled by emotions and memes. Right now would be a great time to have them gather in large groups.

And lick each other.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not written up!

And one of the deniers was suspended for panic inciting behavior. Memo went out warning anyone spewing misinformation to essentially shut the gently caress up.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.

Ferremit posted:

Finally convinced dad that he probably needs to upgrade his 1969 Massey Ferguson 135 tractor on the farm before it loving kills him, so now we're going tractor shopping tomorrow... And hes moaning about having to spend money on not dying. Mum has also told him to buy a new loving tractor before this one kills him too.

This is the same machine that has ended up sliding down a hill towards a dam totally out of control until the front end loader bucket bit into the ground TWICE now, once with me on it, once with him on it. Its 2wd, No power steering, No safety equipment beyond a ROPS cage, Barely functional even tho they're fully adjusted brakes, mediocre hydraulic performance, a front end loader with so much wear in the bucket pins you could get your pinkie in the bore with the pin, leaking hydraulic rams, leaking EVERYTHING else (because its a massey), its time for it to go to someone elses farm. Who doesnt have nothing but hills.

He's moaning about having to actually buy a new tractor (he got the massey for $3500 10 years ago because he matched the dealer trade in at his work) and Im just wondering what colour we'll end up getting- Its gotta have 4wd, front end loader and 4 in 1 bucket. Whether its a 3 or 4 series Deere, a 3000 series Kubota, A Case IH Farmall or a New Holland T3 or T4 I dont know!

Man, a MF135 is a really awesome old piece of iron. Please keep it around and let it live on, if even for drunken sunday hayrides.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Not written up!

And one of the deniers was suspended for panic inciting behavior. Memo went out warning anyone spewing misinformation to essentially shut the gently caress up.

Lol I'm so glad I'm not working and having to deal with idiots, I'd be telling everyone to shut the gently caress up.

I'm not even on social media and I get texts from people trying to convince me politically one way or another and I have to keep reminding them that I don't take sides, that the government is horrible and I don't trust any of them. NONE of them, especially the idiot in office. One of my buddies keeps texting me "news" stories about how "it's not that bad" and I'm just like ok dude, the country will be opened back up soon so you get your wish, please stop texting me these dumbass articles.

And the next day another article, "NUMBERS ARE INFLATED BLAH BLAH BLAH" :smithicide:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

From the April thread, since *someone* went and closed it before the middle of the month. GOD!

STR posted:

NO IT'S STILL APRIL DAMNIT

(and I reaaaaaaaaaally don't wanna be the thread title in an archived thread... just in case I do die. that's not how I wanna be remembered)

I do. If I die, I want *someone* to be wishing I wouldn't, much less an entire subforum.

STR posted:

I mean, you're not supposed to see oil and refrigerant bubbling out of the back of a compressor, are you?

(better than an engine, though :smith:)

Just whack some RTV on there. It'll be fine. Or JB Weld if that doesn't work. Guaranteed!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Your not my supervisor!

AND gently caress SUBARU OUTBACKS

I like mine.
I was toying with doing the cam covers and plugs this weekend, but instead I will be dealing with all the destruction of walls and such (necessarily) wrought by my plumbers this week. Saw- and drywall dust will be my life, but I will have functioning drains for the next 50 years. Not that I intend to be in the house for that long. Of course, I didn'te intend to be in the house *this* long (20 years so far.)

Previa_fun posted:

Well, you see, the massive hoard of sick/dying people didn't show up and overwhelm the hospitals, so obviously it was all a hoax. Never mind that was the intended result of all the social distancing and sequestering. Also, right wingers are uneducated, entitled fuckwits. I have "friends" and friends of friends on FB literally claiming that they would vote for Satan Himself before voting Democrat, because *reasons*. They genuinely, really believe that Democrats are out to take everything they have and give it to... I don't know, black people?

Ferremit posted:

It has ROPS? Amazing!
My dad has a pile of older tractors, but normally uses a massive Allis from 1975 or so. At least it has a cab. It's a big boy - I forget the model. 7030 or 7050, I think, looking at pics online. Not a monster like a production farm would use, but big enough. 6' tall rear tires, big 6-pot turbodiesel. He's pretty good about fixing crap that doesn't work, though, so it's in pretty decent shape. And not too many hills. My sister, on the other hand, knowing nothing about mechanics and not wishing to wait on dad to fix things, bought a new Kubota several years ago when she bought her property, also a big boy. It's verra nice. Definitely a far cry from Grandad's Ford 8N I used as a kid.

Rhyno posted:

Not written up!

That is welcome news. Any time reason triumphs over ignorance is.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Darchangel posted:

I have "friends" and friends of friends on FB literally claiming that they would vote for Satan Himself before voting Democrat, because *reasons*.

Vote blue no matter who! Err, whoops, wrong party.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

Just whack some RTV on there. It'll be fine. Or JB Weld if that doesn't work. Guaranteed!

Less than 24 hours later and it's already short cycling again. :suicide:

It's still blowing cold though, I'm hoping it's more because it's like 60 outside and the resulting pressure difference is hitting the low pressure cutout. We'll see once it warms up a bit. But I thought I could smell refrigerant when I parked it yesterday...

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 1, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I work for an exceptionally forward thinking company in the medical supply industry. In retrospect I'm surprised they let these naysayers continuing yapping. We have a FB group for employees and someone was screaming about free speech and a dozen people shouted them down and it was lovely.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Sgt Fox posted:

Man, a MF135 is a really awesome old piece of iron. Please keep it around and let it live on, if even for drunken sunday hayrides.

We’ve got a 1950’s MF35 if we want to do that! The old 135 probably will move on to someone else’s place when the new machine turns up. It’s essentially useless as a tractor atm because the clutch is shagged on the PTO side of things so the only way to engage the engine pto is to shut the motor down, engage pto and start it up again. Works kinda ok for things like post hole diggers, not so much for slashers...

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I need a new tractor too. Something less than 2-3 years old, less than 500 hours. I want 100-125hp, 4x4, loader with third function, cab/buddy seat, 3 remotes. Any suggestions? Not keen on mahindra.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Sgt Fox posted:

My FIL still dailies this

And this one he uses for hauling firewood

It’s got a flywheel PTO on the other side! Once
I asked when was the last time he used it and he said they used to have a leather belt drive winnower and he last remembers it up and working “round 1980 I think”

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

They let the spraytan fanatic put his name on these checks? :sigh: At least it's not in sharpie...

I kind of want to shred it just because of that. But I'm not throwing away $1200.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

The checks were apparently delayed somewhat due to that

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

STR posted:

They let the spraytan fanatic put his name on these checks? :sigh: At least it's not in sharpie...

I kind of want to shred it just because of that. But I'm not throwing away $1200.

I'm looking at $700 potentiometers for my desk lamp project... :(

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If you have a good local Kubota dealer their product is real good in the ~100hp range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

If you have a good local Kubota dealer their product is real good in the ~100hp range.

We do, I looked at an m4d-075 it was a little small, and didn’t weigh enough to make me confident hauling round bales off slopes. I haven’t heard good things about their large tractors. Everyone locally trades them in after a year or two, and they don’t sell many of them.

CNH being made in italy concerns me as much as massey being chinese. Parts availability for my current machine (Mahindra 3616 HST, made by mitsubishi) has been a nightmare. I know I am going to break it 10-15 years down the line. It needs support, Deere is the best at that, but at a premium. Kubota is good. Case used to be good, so did new holland, no idea if that carries through now that fiat builds them.