Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rhyno has been crowing about his first big-boy job non-stop recently, and you mean to tell me he's not a millennial?

Safety Dance posted:

gently caress. I was cleaning my glasses this afternoon and they snapped in half. Fortunately I have some prescription safety glasses sitting around, but they're giving me an annoying eye ache.

I found an online glasses place that says they'll have a new pair out to me on Thursday. Hopefully they arrive and fit and work. The old glasses were three or four years old at this point, so definitely due for a replacement. I imagine daily wear just fatigued the bridge, and they failed right around the weakest point. When things reopen I'm going to get my eyes checked and get some proper glasses fitted.

But hey the good news is I also found the sunglasses I thought I'd lost.

could prob slap some heatshrink on there to hold them together until your replacements arrive, if that would be more comfortable than the safety glasses. upside is that because of the shelter in place stuff, you dont have to go anywhere where people will judge you for having harry potter glasses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
My brother has an '85 celica gts, so the same car but with a different front clip. we just did a head replacement on it, and everything is available, from kits to piece parts. dunno about the 6-cylinder, but the 22re is ubiquitous and is compatible with like every other toyota out there with one.

so if the 6-cyl is anything like that, sounds fine to me? :shrug:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Hatch, coupe or convertible?

Hatch. It actually has a supra hatch on it, for wing style points.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

That's dark... but believable. It may be a happy accidental side effect (for them) of the Republicans' being cheap bastards (at least in terms of publicly beneficial programs), but I would could see it being intentional, given how obvious some of them are being about their true intentions lately.

It's no accident. Aren't you from Texas?

GOP Platform posted:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

I am, and holy poo poo.

Edit: if I wasn’t already disgusted with the ragged festering corpse of the Republican Party, that would do it. That’s a basic fundamental of, well, not being stupid.

https://i.imgur.com/3bGC6Gh.mp4