Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That's mad Max as gently caress, love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'd love a basement so I could open a trapdoor and just bulldoze my wife's craft crap into a pit.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Something I ordered from Amazon had been not delivered 2 days in a row because according to the delivery company (Amazon) the delivery address isn't open on a weekend.

The same address they've delivered a billion parcels to over the most 5 years. Wait a minute, it's also Wednesday, what's the weekend got to do with it?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's 1960's Volkswagen levels of crash safety.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I don't think tremeks going to listen to a poll, but honestly a cross country trip is currently a loving terrible idea right now, no matter how neat the truck and trailer are. You're choosing to expose your family to all those idiots who riot in maga hats and shoot dollar store security guards when they're asked to wear a mask. Unless you literally never come into contact with another human you can't control the risk. I sincerely hope nothing bad happens.

E: I just started watching community, does it get better?

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 11, 2020

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So just a question - whats the best way to utterly destroy a Subaru Outback?

If it ran I'd recommend this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdHp1lFrnEk

Do you have a really strong type vehicle? Like a lorry?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You guys play with RC cars right? Both the cheap ones my kids got a year or two ago have crapped out. They're both single chip/board 2.4ghz, a rock crawler and a fast little buggy, I'd like to get them decent ones but the budget is low. Any recommendations? I'm in the UK.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

We have a whole thread here in AI all about RC cars, and I happen to work in that industry!

The Traxxas brand previously mentioned are very popular for newcomers. They are good designs, excellent performers and plenty of parts availability. They are a little more expensive than other options.

New brands that are taking a decent chunk out of the traxxas market share are ARRMA (a UK based brand!) and ECX. Not sure if the ECX line is available in the EU but I imagine it is. Of those two the ARRMA would be preferred.

I also love the Axial products. Crawlers might not seem like the right step but a crawler is literally for everyone. I’ve posted plenty in the RC thread, you can check my post history there.

Will do thanks! Axial looks to be closer to my budget, I'll look around and post in the RC thread.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My sister in law works at a garden centre and has been back at work 2 days, apparently it's the busiest they've ever been. They gave her a mask but no costumers are wearing them.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My kids play goose game more than me, I'm more into stardew valley at the moment.

Into work tomorrow morning, might only be a couple of hours safety training then back home until next Tuesday. They're planning to fire the plant back up but who the gently caress is buying new cars right now? I don't know, I'll work when they all me to, I just want to get the BBQ going every warm day now.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's a good looking pizza.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Agree baking Vs cooking, the satisfaction of a well done loaf of bread is something else though.

I got a little cast iron "sportsman grill" BBQ and I love it, holds the heat great, just the right size for the 4 of us and being iron won't rust out and need replacing every year.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Coredump posted:

Basically I got to stop being such a crybaby.

I just wish I could sleep at night.

No. You've been through more poo poo in a year than I have in 10, to even be able to talk about it on the internet here is a slow of strength, you cry if you need to. I hope bad poo poo stops happening to you.

STR I've heard so much about this dresser I absolutely demand pictures this time. Hell if I was on the same continent I'd come over to help just to see the damned thing :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

It's my birthday!

Just another day. Back at work Tuesday, 1 day at work, 1 day wfh alternating. No idea what they're going to try to get me to do from home, or how to arrange a space in the house to use without having the kids in my face.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I don't give a poo poo normally so with *gestures at everything* this going on I'm just glad none of my immediate family are dying in the hospital.

Like present-wise there's nothing I want that's not thousands of pounds of practical whatever. I don't want space-filling trinkets, I want the garage extended. I don't want gadgets, I want £10k in landscaping materials. As for doing something special my wife made lactose-free tiramisu and I'll cook a steak.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I have kids and a dog, that said I mow the lawn when it needs it and occasionally choose a patch of weeds to victimise with a spray bottle. Other than that the birds love it, the kids and dog run all over it, is not a hazard. I don't give it any more mind-space than that.

The patch at the front however, 8'x10' between house, borders, retaining wall etc, too small to mow, too visible to leave. It needs some decorative slab effort on it then it'll never be a problem again.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to unfuck my garage/hobby space today, I've been thinking about what the real problem is (surprise, it's my brain) and I'm going to chuck everything I don't want in there into a new home or the trailer (holding space for the tip). Then I'm going to finish the three or four projects that are sat there needing small amounts of effort getting in each others way.

Then I'm going to need some way to park the two kids ride-on projects that doesn't just flat out fill the floor. Miniature 2-post lift?

Wonder if I can get a scrapper to come get the S40? There's nothing of value in or on it and that's like a quarter of the total car space just sitting there.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

nobody gives a gently caress about your lovely opinions so don't put some Deeply Clever Look At How Intelligent I Am sticker on your car

I want a "Deeply Clever Look At How Intelligent I Am" sticker, where can I get one :(

I have English heritage and national trust stickers on the car, you get free parking at their sites when there's not an apocalypse on. I think that makes me deeply middle class.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My little brother spent the last three weeks working on the scimitar he bought from my dad and it passed it's first mot in 16 years with a minor defect for the indicator switch and advisories for worn brakes and a couple of old-looking bushes. Absolute star that man.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

God damnit STR, get me pics of Spiderman that dresser!

It better be something special for the ache it's caused you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

We let our lad stay up late enough to watch the complete launch, I enjoyed the look on his face more than the launch, it was magical.

America, get your poo poo together, or burn it all down and start again, whatever.