Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Previa_fun posted:

I posted about this last month or the month before but it got lost in the Covid talk, but I'm looking into getting a battery electric mower and was curious if anyone here had any experience with them.

I was set on the Kobalt 80V self-propelled mower but the new 2020 Ego mower, while only 56V has a 7.5 amp/hr battery and a double blade cutting deck a la Honda which I'm now leaning to because I mulch 99% of the time.

I can't find the amp hour rating for the Kobalt but it claims a longer run time. Does voltage matter that much that I'll be giving up mulching power if I go for the Ego, or is amp/hour the better measure of power?

I finally managed to get a ryobi 36v mower last week (the only thing sold by a store within 50km of where I live, even then it took two months before it was actually in stock). I've only used it to mow the lawn once so far but it handled the 2 months of growth that built up while waiting for the thing to arrive. I stalled it once by overloading the mower and had a bit of drama getting it to start till I realised it had some safety lockouts that I needed to pay attention to. Beyond that it's fine for my usage (~130m2 yard). As it's the only cordless mower I've used I can't really compare it to any other brand/model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

A structure with an estimated 20 year life span that started failing within 10 years? :v: