Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It doesn't mean there aren't any, it just means that they don't work very well. Half the house issues I saw in New England were due to people's lovely basements. I was happy our house was on a slab. If you want storage space put up a garage.

No idea where you were looking, but in Vermont it freezes for six months, and then is thawed for six months. No problems!

Basements in PA aren't bad either. I am a little weirded out by basements without an egress that isn't the stairs inside the house, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

Took me a bit to parse that last sentence but basements that have a door into the back yard are super good, yeah

Yeah, that was poorly written, but working from home while being daycare from home has fried my brain. No egress just seems unsafe to me.

Walkout basement is a tier above Bilco doors.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

blindjoe posted:

Motorhomes always seem like a worse idea - when you get to your destination with a truck/trailer, you can unhook the truck and use it like a normal vehicle.
When you are in a motorhome, you need to pull a small car or something as you can't drive a huge thing easily around town.

Also engines etc wear out in a motorhome, but you can always buy a new truck (though from all the posts it seems that everything else leaks/breaks etc after a few years instead).

This is from my grandparents experience with a 1972 home done conversion van - so maybe modern/non-home made motorhomes are better. Though the neighbours motorhome seems to spend more time at the repair shop on warranty (a 3 ish year old large box motorhome) than it does in their driveway. They use it for 4 months a year, and basically leaks every time.

I thought the motorhome was supposed to sit while the kids refused to ride in it, then sit until it was sold cheap so someone could put the 440 into an old muscle car that would eventually run?

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So twice now, Amazon decided to charge me for a show that was supposedly included in prime video, halfway through the series.

Basically it's "included" until you get invested in the series, then all of a sudden you are not allowed to watch unless you pay, and you're going to pay because you're not going to just stop watching halfway through the season right? What a loving racket.

I mean, it might be the license holder for that show rather than Amazon, or some combination thereof. Amazon's not innocent, but they might not be the only guilty party. :P

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

There are two hazing gags in the beer industry. One is eating a slug of brewer's yeast, dried or liquid, and the other is eating hops. You found the yeast outcome, hops will numb your mouth for quite a while.

Also, drinking a lot of unfiltered beer like homebrew will start you down the gas warfare path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Australian prices and supply are hosed up to start with, though.