Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If you have a good local Kubota dealer their product is real good in the ~100hp range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Where are the T3 and T4 made these days? I can't really keep it straight. I thought they were still produced in the US or Mexico. The various CNH companies have been mostly owned by Fiat and the Agnellis for over two decades, so that's nothing new.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I've forced myself to PC game only so I don't start spending a bunch of money on consoles. I'm cheap and pretty content with old stuff, though. My trusty six+ year old Radeon R7 265 is dying so I just had to order a new video card, but it beats paying for a new console.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

that rules, Somewhat Heroic

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

places with lots of freeze/thaw issues tend to not do well with finished basements.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

sharkytm posted:

Umm, half of new England has finished basements. What makes your think that freeze/thaw means no finished basements?

It doesn't mean there aren't any, it just means that they don't work very well. Half the house issues I saw in New England were due to people's lovely basements. I was happy our house was on a slab. If you want storage space put up a garage.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Alarbus posted:

No idea where you were looking, but in Vermont it freezes for six months, and then is thawed for six months. No problems!

Basements in PA aren't bad either. I am a little weirded out by basements without an egress that isn't the stairs inside the house, though.

i grew up in vermont i like your joke!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Dagen H posted:

Backyard status: fox den

them foxes are cute! your link didn't show up dunno why

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Curious to hear about your experiences with that 7.3 gas engine, Tremek.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

that's impressive. how's the transmission do with kickdown? 10 speeds can get pretty gear hunty, how's that? sounds nice! more questions/observations:

1. that's a pretty high redline (6,000? 5,800?) for a big rear end cam in block, but I was surprised to note it's an oversquare design. I'd think undersquare would give better torque characteristics for the application.
2. what kind of fuel economy are you returning thus far?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

tremor is new i am pretty sure

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hell even if you like your job you should always be keepin an eye out

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Well, with unemployment hitting great depression numbers, jumping ship can be risky as gently caress right now.

note that I said LOOKING

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I have been introduced to these after installing the lift in my Lexus and world altering is the best description I can give them.

I have largely stayed out of the COVID talk because it is a very different thing for everyone in different places. It is a real and terrifying thing for people in places like NY and Chicago etc. Here in the state of Utah it has not been that horrible, in fact it has been far from that. Barely over 500 hospitalized and 67 deaths. That is for a not densely populated state of about 3.5 Mil people. It just has not been a big thing here. We closed everything down nice and early which has definitely helped. The whole idea was the flatten the curve so it didn't overwhelm the health care system. This has definitely worked in my state. The curve was flattened. Closing down was the right move when it started, now we have more data and information. We as a state community have made habitual adjustments, social spacing adjustments and people seem to be ready to accept this and move on. People have been out recreating since this all happened and the numbers haven't really moved. I think people can be informed enough to make their own decisions and can move forward on their own merit.

That sounds like a nice and relatively sane situation. Despite it having been (and continuing to be) a serious problem in my state (MI), we have a bunch of lunatics whining about Their Rights to... I don't know, not wear a mask indoors and try to spread the disease? I don't really understand it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you can't actually slap down CHUDs because they're too stupid to understand

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Gun people will tell you that those people would have just found other, more creative ways to kill themselves. Anti gun people will tell you that without ready access to firearms many spur of the moment decisions to end one's life would not be successfully carried out.

I generally think that there's probably a combination of the two - suicidal people will find ways to kill themselves absent firearms, but firearms are rapid, easy to use, and irreversible which certainly increases the number of successful attepmts.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

he uh realizes that they were made in Aichi right

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Tomarse posted:

The CTEK trickle chargers are excellent and have a warranty that works. I have 4 and had one replaced recently that stopped working. It took one online form and then a replacement arrived within a week along with instruction for me to scrap the broken one myself.

I'm using the XS 0.8 (which is the cheapest one at about 35) on all my vehicles. I either have them mounted in the vehicles or have the included 12V quick connector permanently wired to the battery and dangling hidden around the front bumper/grille somewhere.

CTEK trickle charger is good. I have something like the 4.0 or whatever (the one before bluetooth) and it works reliably year round.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MrOnBicycle posted:

I have a CTEK automatic one as well. Decided to go with something well known and good instead of the cheap store branded ones that are scary cheap. CTEK ones aren't that expensive neither.

yeah i think mine was 59 bucks

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

also 2nd childe should be arriving either this week or next

congrats!

I was WFH / heavy, heavy travel schedule previously so I would say that my overall driving is down a bit, maybe 25-50% less? Even in normal times my wife and I were doing maybe 8k miles/year total. Haven't bought gas in two months but that's not so far out of the ordinary.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i've been bitten by the AW11 bug again help

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Watching Skid Factory?

don't even know man, just woke up one day and was like NEED 1980s GEOMETRIC CAR

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

That sucks, Sharky. I hope your mom comes through OK.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Charitably, they're poor and they need the money because the US is a hosed up place with limited social safety net and employer obligations.

Uncharitably, they're loving stupid.

It's probably a combination of the two.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Humphreys posted:

For many years I've been slackly bitching that my 'Super-Annunciation' retirement fund will be somehow absorbed into the government funds. I'm seriously tempted to draw as much as I can from it within the new rules. I have zero trust in our system.

BFC guy here: do not draw from your australian 401(k)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yo gently caress your moms boss STR

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

congestion charge probably isn't super regressive in London

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MrOnBicycle posted:

The internet wasn't kidding when they talk about the "Italian driving position". Jesus christ I'm 6'4" with long legs. I fit torso wise, but my right leg was jammed between the center console/steering wheel/gear with the knee and foot joints at weird and super uncomfortable angles and I had to sit far away from the steering wheel for my legs to even fit, so I couldn't properly reach the steering wheel lol. Some serious modification would be necessary for me to be able to drive one of these.

The mechanicals seemed fine. It obviously needs all bushings replaced etc as everything is probably older than me. Steering was a bit vague. Oh and the car had a tendency to almost skip/jump forward when in first gear and low speeds. Bad fuel delivery at that speed?

Edit: Also, I think there is a big disconnect between how much I think it's worth and how much they think it's worth. Yes it's a rare car, but it's not very valuable which just got proven today when an AC coupe shows up in better condition for 60% of the price...

Yeah that one sucks, don't buy it. Also buy an AC 1608 if you can find one they look 100x better and have the best engine. But I didn't realize you are so tall. A 124 is probably not for you. I don't mind the seating position, it's a little weird but not bad, but I'm 5'10, not too heavy, and pretty equal in limb and torso. My dad is similar to your dimensions and he doesn't really fit in most of those 70s roadsters.

The skipping is probably gearbox or clutch related if it's at low vehicle speeds rather than engine speeds, another reason to pass. A little smoke on startup is pretty normal.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Did the wheel just plug and play or did you have to recode it?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I'm definitely more towards the baking side of things than the cooking side of things.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

we usually get a pound divided in to 4 sticks (1/2c each) or 8 half sticks (1/4c each).

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

This seems to be the way for most modern construction, unfortunately. Best I can tell is it gives the builder more flexibility. A lot of floorplans that have two garages at right angles to each other also have options that consume some or all of one of those garages as a game room / in-law suite / whatever the gently caress else is trendy right now.

The other common option is tandem garages, where there's room for three or four cars, with at least one side being two cars deep, with just a single two-car width rollup door.

also saves on driveway and such, and really, are you pulling in/out multiple cars at the same time?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah but what are the odds that my wife and i are both simultaneously trying to leave?

my use case for a four car garage is to keep like 2 poo poo cars plus 2 actually functional cars so i think it would work ok for me

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 19, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

Simultaneous isn't the issue, it's "I have to move this car to get to that car". If your neighborhood is also a pain in the rear end about street parking, that means you probably need to move the other car multiple times. Two 90 degree garages is fine for this, tandem garages less so.

The downside of two 90 degree garages is that if they're even connected at all, it's not going to be by much.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have any of the above over the tiny "two car" garage I have now. That's all only because the feasibility of me being able to afford a place where I want to live, with enough land to build a separate shop, is near zero.

Yeah I have an 1 block off premises garage that dates to about 1920 that is very narrow for me to work on the M5. I'll take whatever poo poo I can get.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Tomarse posted:

I keep watching your BAT sales and I notice that all the people asking lots of questions that you have to go to the effort to answer never ever seem to actually bid. I had thought that BAT was classier than ebay or other sales sites but it appears that the twats are still there too.

Asking questions about a car on an auction site isn't being a twat, what the gently caress?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

be quite careful about DOT stuff on trailers

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'm playing the buy a new car game again. Decided I really want a Hakone Edition 86.

Trying to find a dealership willing to play ball is proving frustrating though, only one so far has quoted me pricing and they basically just quoted me msrp and said they couldn't offer more info atm.

you probably aren't gonna do that well for a single-year "limited edition" that dealers don't get allocated by default

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Fermented Tinal posted:

That's why I'm shotgunning dealers across the province. I can afford the car, I just need to find someone willing to sell it to me.

good luck, post pictures!!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

half a teaspoon in a nice warm anaerobic environment with lots of sugars is like, ideal for yeasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Babby came home yesterday

My firstborn is extremely proud of being a big sister and runs around the house hootin and hollerin BAB BEEEE whenever the younger makes a peep

congrats

«2 »