Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

I know we have a couple bakers in here so I was hoping for some help with a couple basic sourdough recipes. I am finishing up my first starter since yeast has been scarce around here. Any foolproof recipes? Bread is not the only answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

Has anyone here bought an electric bicycle? I want to get one to expand my ability to get around NYC. I've had my eye on a few in the ~$1500 range for a little while. I wanted a Radwagon, but the cadence sensor is concerning. Also looking at a discounted Vanmoof S2, but their battery isn't removable.

I bought a RadWagon about a year ago. For $1500 they are tough to beat for utility and price. I haven't had any issues with my bike, but cadence sensors are cheap and easy to replace. They aren't particularly smooth though.

I ended up with the wagon to haul a kid around with and nobody else made a cargo style bike for anywhere near $1500. We've greatly enjoy it, but if it was just for me the Juiced Crosscurrent would have been my pick. They come with all the upgrades you'd want at a fair price point(when I was shopping).

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

When you're riding the RadWagon, do you feel like you're pedaling is actually doing something, or does it feel like you're just spinning the pedals and the motor is doing the work?

The Crosscurrent looks awesome, good suggestion!

Oh you're most certainly doing something. It's adjustable so you can pick how much assistance you get, in theory you could run motor only but I live in a hilly area and the motor alone won't carry my fatass up a hill.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Anyone have one of those gas flat top griddles made for outdoor use? I've noticed lots of them for sale lately so they must be a thing now, would be pretty cool to whip poo poo up like it was a diner flat top, breakfast and smashburgers and all that kinda stuff.

Yeah I've got a 22" Blackstone. It's pretty rad, made some killer smash burgers the other night. I've done porkchops and a couple other dinners on it. Waiting for our weather to warm up so I can make some breakfasts.

Currently I'm modifying a harborfreight cart to make a sweet griddle cart. I'm bad, but it should work out alright.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Tremek much respect to you, but you probably shouldn't be crossing the nation during these times. It's not the responsible thing to do.

I'm a bit disappointed that you haven't caught more flak for this. This forum has been wildly anti-corona but as soon as one of their own wants to take the family on a cross country trip amid a rise in cases it's all bon voyage.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

LloydDobler posted:

Also a bunch of us have realized that Tremek is a really good dude who's had more than his fair share of bad luck over the last two years, and doesn't deserve to be dog piled in the usual manner. If you have a disagreement, you can voice it, but don't be a typical internet shithead about it. Not here, and not with him.

Ignore that you know Tremek is great and ask yourself if a nationwide road trip is a super good idea right now. Think about possible complications, logistic/legal/medical. Could you promise your kid(s) would not interact with others while on a trip?

I wish nothing but the best for Tremek, but I think the forum is acting blind towards this because he's such a good dude. That's the last I'll speak to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Elviscat posted:

Burning cop cars in downtown Seattle, at least it's raining.

A tweet from the scene says someone stole a cop rifle and has been shooting in the air. Proudboys may be on there way down to attack protesters. Tonight is a bad night.