Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

COVID's also likely put a damper on this sort of purchasing I'd imagine as well. As cool as a JDM firetruck is, with the uncertainty whether you'll have continued employment I can see potential buyers being much more hesitant to buy right now.

Still good to hear it wasn't a loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Time to fly the Jolly Roger.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

For the last couple years I've been just getting the flagship phone right before the new flagship was going to come out during the holiday promotions at Costco. Typically there's $250-400 in Costco gift cards with it, phone's marked to $20 to pay in store, and my plans have steadily risen from $55 to $75 /month over the years on a 2 year contract with, at least on paper, a large chunk of the monthly payment going towards the cost of the phone. With the earlier contracts it was something like $43 of my monthly bill was alloted to the device balance and only $12 was the voice/data service portion. Last I looked the BYOD plans weren't cheap enough to be a better deal with buying a phone outright for a comparable plan so I've just kept going with the cycle. More expensive in the long run that sticking with a decent older phone and a grandfathered plan but eh, it scratches that "gotta have the latest and greatest" itch without being too ruinous.

All prices in CAD for reference.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Darchangel posted:

First against the wall when the revolution comes. Assholes who run these companies are the reason I have to believe Hell exists, because they sure aren’t being punished in *this* life.

Hell does not exist comrad, we'll need that assurance of injustice to fuel the people's revolution! Now, get to sharpening.