Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Not written up!

And one of the deniers was suspended for panic inciting behavior. Memo went out warning anyone spewing misinformation to essentially shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

I work for an exceptionally forward thinking company in the medical supply industry. In retrospect I'm surprised they let these naysayers continuing yapping. We have a FB group for employees and someone was screaming about free speech and a dozen people shouted them down and it was lovely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

I just spent a good two h ours clearing more of the mess in my backyard and I found the property line stake and holy poo poo I didn't realize ho far back my yard extended. I honestly thought this was all city owned easement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Kivi posted:

I think my girlfriend ghosted me or just died. Not sure which one. 2 weeks without contact.

E: Not sound like too negative, I did reach out her best friend if she could ask how she is, we're not in the same country and I know she can be challenging when things are rough. I love her, she know that, we've been seeing for roughly 2 years, I just wanted to vent out the worst case scenario just make sure it isn't that.

Ouch. Hope it's not the worse one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

kastein posted:

It might be. Google <name of town> gis (or assessors map) and see if the town has an easement for utilities or something but it's still your land.

I assumed this was all easement. There's still a 12 foot deep piece of land between my yard and the bordering neighborhood full of dead trees and brush. Our HOA posted letting us know that the city is decommissioning the power line that runs through all the backyards on my street in 2021 which is nice, less ugly crop for me to look at.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

My employer contributed material to the construction of those. I didn't work on them but my space wire went into another small satellite program.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What are they actually for?

Mind control.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Today we bought a paint sprayer and why the gently caress didn't I do this a year ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

You didn't tell me squat!

Also my wife did most of the painting so I had no real complaints. But I will be using this fucker to paint the garage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

MrOnBicycle posted:

What kind of a paint sprayer?

Grayco something or other. I'll post the model when I am home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

we are hosed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBXZhFekv6Q

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

This was in my recommended videos.

What's an insulting name for Gen Xers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Some of this stuff has useful information and I do enjoy watching the idiot at work lose his poo poo every day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

My basement is about 400 sq ft, it was a key feature for the purchase as it gave me the space I've always wanted for my nerdy poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

The regional existence of basements is usually directly proportional to the amount of tornadoes.

Lotta basements in Indiana.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Just when I think Trump can't possibly be any dumber he proves me wrong every time

Live and Let Die is apparently his motto now

LoL stop watching the news

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I don't watch the news, it popped up on my Yahoo mail page as a headline.

I also didn't have a Henny Penny reaction to it either

I mean, we are all going to die.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Whole Lotta "storm cellars" in South Dakota when inloves there in 90. Usually a shallow hole walled with cinder blocks erected in hope of surviving a storm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

I broke my fast for a tiny little bite and my stomach is twisting now. This is fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Tremek will you adopt me?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

ExplodingSims posted:

It's bascially one guy too. He started out as a tech, but he got in at the right time, and said all the right things to the owner, that he got promoted all the way up to VP.
But he doesn't know everything, and constantly has to inject himself into things he doesn't have time for, or isn't a part of to try and look smart. But it just ends up annoying everyone. And since he headed up startimg up the residential branch of the company, his ego has been through the roof, about how he can do so much and bring so much to the company,

Though, the problem with the office is there's no cohesion with anyone there. Its like 5 different people all with their own plans and goals, and they won't work together, and they certainly won't have your back if ask for help. And no one in the upper management ever faces any consequences for their fuckups.

Its all so frustrating. They pay has been good, but that's been about it. This is really kinda straining my desire to stay there, but its been hard to look at any other options.
Pretty much any other company out there has a bunch of boomer entrenched in their positions there, so there's not much mobility elsewhere. And plenty of other places treat their employees even worse.

If you wanna move to Indiana and get into medical manufacturing my employer is going to be hiring again in June.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

For real, not hating your job is an amazing feeling. I only hate one person on my shift and his stupid rear end got a written warning for inciting panic in a time of crisis so I expect he won't be around much longer since he can't keep his mouth shut.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Hell even if you like your job you should always be keepin an eye out

Well, with unemployment hitting great depression numbers, jumping ship can be risky as gently caress right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

I hope you can figure this out man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

So is that why he tried to ruin the value of Tesla stock?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Raluek posted:

My brother has an '85 celica gts, so the same car but with a different front clip. we just did a head replacement on it, and everything is available, from kits to piece parts. dunno about the 6-cylinder, but the 22re is ubiquitous and is compatible with like every other toyota out there with one.

so if the 6-cyl is anything like that, sounds fine to me?

Hatch, coupe or convertible?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Nice! I've wanted a coupe for ages but every one I've looked at is a rust bucket.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

I have those on two toilets and they're fantastic. No wax makes the install a breeze.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

I will only approve Tremek's trip if he comes to visit me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

meatpimp posted:

Well presented answer and I think I'm guilty of missing the real potential consequences. I'm in a state that's been shut down since March 15th, so I think I'm starting to get a bit complacent, seeing that the early shutdown has limited the spread in this state (well, we'll see if that's true, they're starting random testing with 1200 households, that data should be very interesting).

It's a tough pill to swallow that we should limit ourselves this much, but it makes sense. And I'd really like to hang out at my parents for a bit since they're only a couple miles away... except they're both boomers with pre-existing conditions that would make them more likely to have a bad time.

So I guess that's just where we're at. Smart money says "fully hole up." But there's a mix of need-tos and want-tos that are out and about.

Weird times.

Speaking of shut downs, what's the chicken/beef situation been like for you the last week or so? For some reason I keep finding protein at normal prices despite so many people posting on FB that they can't find poo poo. It's to the point that my tiny deep freeze is totally full of meat and veggies so I'm looking to buy a 15 cubit foot freezer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

meatpimp posted:

Beef seems to be in good supply in hamburger form, just hovering at $3.5/lb. Chicken is super spotty.

Hmm. Well I hope that doesn't continue to be an issue for you. Do you have Aldi locally? I picked up about 10lbs for $1.89/lb today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

nm posted:

On NPR, they were saying it is unlikely you'll see prices rise short term because supermarkets are loathe to raise prices of staples quickly. They'll eat the prices. You'll be more likely to see shortages, but if you see any you likely pay what you're paying now. Long term, prices may rise.
Shortages will likely be regional. Your local supermarket is more likely to have shortages as they buy from these bigger packing plants. A real butcher might have fewer shortages because they often buy from smaller local sources. They also often charge quite a bit more (and the meat is higher quality), which will keep people out.

That makes sense. I know some friends have posted the only boneless chicken breast they can find is the higher priced "name brand" stuff like Tyson which is generally $3.50/lb or more. But beef prices at Kroger have risen since this began. The same cut and quality that I use for my beef & noodles mix has gone up quite a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

YOU GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO WHERE TRUMP RUNS AWAY FROM TWO TINY LADY REPORTERS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

I'm driving about 35 miles a day but that's just to and from work. Maybe another 20 making grocery runs. The truck is up to 16.7mpg or 450ish per tank so it's still cheaper yo run than the MS6.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

STR posted:

Found out through work that we're going be essentially meatless, at least raw meats, within 2 weeks. Likely sooner. Frozen meats not too far behind, deli will probably be the last.

Guess I'm gonna go stock up on chicken breasts and ground beef tomorrow.

Glad I'm sitting on a hundred pounds of chicken and beef now. poo poo's about to go all wrong isn't it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Goober Peas posted:

It certainly will if you eat it in one sitting

That sounds like a challenge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

I could have bought more if I had more room. And good luck finding a large freezer in stock anywhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

What a lovely day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

Darchangel posted:

It's this.
A lot of folks *can't* "just stay home" - they'de starve, lose their place to live, etc., because gently caress the poors - we need t maximize shareholder value, and make rich fucks even richer. Guess what happens when you "run the government like a business"?

There's a new leak that Trump and his cohorts downplayed C-19 on purpose to keep from spooking the markets so yeah, definitely gently caress the poors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Google Image Results for
"Sexy Guy Gardner"

MrOnBicycle posted:

I dunno about the US, but in Sweden tanking the market = tanking all the pensions for normal people. So you gently caress the poor either way.

Most Americans no longer earn pensions through their jobs.

«2 »