Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Tbh, it's one thing to go to work if you feel fine, but if you are clearly showing symptoms like a loving fever and cough you are just making the situation way worse by infecting your co workers and possibly shutting down the place where you work to begin with and now you have no job to go back to.

This is so frustrating. We had someone admit to spending a week taking care of her nephew after he tested positive. She told two people who freaked out and ratter her rear end out. But when questioned she changed her story and since it was her word (she's been with the company 15 years) against two people who started this year they took her word.

So the rest of third shift (myself included) flipped the gently caress out when we found out and we demanded she at least be tested. And surprise, surprise, she hasn't been back to work so we're all assuming she tested positive. Still no actual word on that but we continue to work and nobody has died yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And anyways, 401Ks are pretty much in the shitter right now anyways.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My friend buys his cloves online. They're branded differently I think but same stuff essentially.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

You guys I'm exhausted. It's been another crazy busy week at work.

:(

STR I hope your mom is okay and also DON'T SMOKE

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The girl who's been cutting my hair went back to work on monday. I got in there on tuesday and they were basically wrapped up like a surgeon so I felt at ease.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When I was 16 and thought I was cool I smoked Lucky Strikes. No filters made me exponentially cooler.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slidebite posted:

On the covid front: Incoming press release Monday - scuttlebutt is it is going to be very promising news on an antibody treatment for Covid

https://twitter.com/CurlyJungleJake/status/1261338915899760641

Background: This is the guy from the Netflix Pandemic show that created the single dose universal flu vaccine. When Covid hit they worked like dogs and came up with candidate antibody treatments that should not only be highly effective against COVID, but also SARS and MERS.

For those that don't know, antibody treat compared to a vaccine - you use the antibody to treat people who are infected, very good tool to have before the vaccine is rolled out. Think of how rabies is treated if you get infected.

Don't they stick like 37 huge needles in your stomach if you get rabies?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's awesome. The fewer needles in my stomach the better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elviscat posted:

I am pretty sure they've got the rabies vaccine down to 0 needles in the stomach.

So where do they stick all those needles?

oh

oh poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm breaking my fast for booze and magic cookies.

Gonna be a good afternoon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh joy. Little bit of water leaking into the basement. I mean, it's been raining almost non stop for two weeks but we thought we were done with this bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's a great negotiated price for an ER visit, during my settlement for my accident the ER visit and ambulance cost barely budged :(

Camper looks good man!

Isn't that why basements have sump pumps?

It's a finished basement and the water is seeping in on the opposite wall.

I really hope the dead previous owner of this house is choking on satan's dick in hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo the company fired the village idiot. No more cleaning up after someone who shouldn't have been in the department to begin with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That house is awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

a night of partying doing lines of coke.

I'm down, let's do this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus gently caress,

$2400 just to repair the water leak. Contractor on his way over to give the estimate for the drywall repair and THEN we have to get the carpet dude in here for that as well.

This is gonna be like $5000 when it's all said and done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The water pipe to the hose outlet burst. So far State Farm is playing ball, we'll see what happens though. The damage is superficial, it's just the ripping it open and fixing the line that's the most expensive bit.

Edit: They really don't want to cover the carpet replacement so they're investigator needs to see the mildew in person. Eager to see their face when they open that trash bag.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 21, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Our claim has been conditionally approved so long as it's a burst frozen pipe. The plumber already diagnosed it as such, we'll just need repair invoice and a picture of the burst pipe and we're covered. They're being fussy over the costs of the drywall and carpeting and asked us to get secondary quotes. Work starts Tuesday!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

So twice now, Amazon decided to charge me for a show that was supposedly included in prime video, halfway through the series.

Basically it's "included" until you get invested in the series, then all of a sudden you are not allowed to watch unless you pay, and you're going to pay because you're not going to just stop watching halfway through the season right? What a loving racket.

That's pretty much Prime these days. I'm keeping it for the shipping for now but the next price bump and we're done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Repairs are up to $6900 so far and two of those are just estimates based on photos and room dimensions. Deductible is $2K so we'll come in okay on this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I cleared a ton of my backyard and I just hate nature in general. Just too much effort for a space I won't even spend time in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

I wonder if those trees that used to be there drank any of that water that now lives in your basement...

I only cut down dead poo poo. The sump was discharging into the center of the yard and all the trees around that area died.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Joe Biden sucks but he sucks less than Trump so gently caress me I guess

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh basement leak fixed. No actual damage to drywall and had I sorted out where the leak was originating from soo er I could have saves the carpet. But the repair came in $1300 below the estimate so that's a win I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Protesting in town tonight. Hundreds in attendance. Crowd was tear gassed without warning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blk posted:

Downtown of my city is being looted, fires, etc - mostly by white people; not many minorities live here. Louis Vuitton was the first target; not sure how stealing a dopey bag promotes change but OK

Things were chill here until the gas. Then windows started getting smashed. I had dozens of friends down there and their videos all paint the same picture. Total peace until gas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife was exposed to the gassing last night and wrote up a lengthy post about what she witnessed just trying to leave the downtown area (she was not there to protest) and she's received several threats of violence on FB because she's clearly lying. The official word is the PD only launched 2 cans of gas and the rest were smoke bombs but both of my friends on the force claim they were told to toss every can they had.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He tweeted "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" in the middle of a rant about deploying the military for crowd control.

Yes, the President said he was going to send the Army to kill civilians.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

My dudes, I have a really bad feeling about tonight.

Same. Thankfully the organizers of tonight's protest have canceled it so there's only idiots out looking for trouble tonight.

Video of last night was posted a little while ago, the police entered the scene and began pepper spraying the crowd with no warning. I have to stay off FB for the sake of some friendships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope everyone will realize he's doing this so they can justifiably shoot anyone protesting.