Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Got some of these off ebay

The xc90 is 'crystal green metallic' a very subtle gray/green

Should I paint them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Rhyno posted:

This was in my recommended videos.

What's an insulting name for Gen Xers?

layabouts

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

'If you're really my ____, you'll ____financial_thing___ for me' is nuts

vvv that's even worse

taqueso fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 6, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Got these a day early, wheels are still 5 days out

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I think under the ocean it's fairly consistent temps.

Unrelated, I have a few hundred in painting supplies on the way, the wheels are going to be Kandy root beer + some additional burgundy and or black to darken it up.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Does anyone that lives in a container house load it up on a semi and go 'RVing'?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

This is a strange conversation given that we know a forward control camper fixes all these problems with cardboard construction

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

everdave posted:

I just found this on one of my Japanese campers. Dear God where have you been all of my life? Get one of these in 10 too and I can do everything I need on my imports. Is this a thing I was just not aware of?

Seems like the modern version of that is a ratcheting wrench

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

This implies that you are definitely going to get laid.

or at least a couple people will stick their faces in your armpits

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I bet they don't get paid enough for that poo poo

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Guess what happens when you "run the government like a business"?

I'm giving a PIP to every american, might want to polish those citizenship resumes

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Humphreys posted:

In any other universe this would be a joke.
In this universe it is assumed.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

do not have a cig after

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Guys my wife found whole chickens.

and I made cheesy potatoes.

What's the cheesy potato recipe??

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Adderall trip report.....Yeah I won't be taking this poo poo on a daily basis. Felt like I was hopped up on a mega dose of caffeine then came down HARD like I was coming down from a night of partying doing lines of coke. And that was just from half of a dose :v:

If you are actually prescribed that should go away after a few days. Which it seems like you are, I just meant if you just snagged a couple you'll never get to that point.

If you have insurance (because it's expensive without) you might look into vivanse which is a prodrug and thus tapers more smoothly.

taqueso fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 20, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Free the Gluten!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Grakkus posted:

BAT can go gently caress itself, the racist pricks. I submitted my pristine S1 Fulvia and had the audacity to say that it's currently at my property in Poland and got the reply that "sorry, it's not the right fit for our site". Bet if I had said it was in Copenhagen or the UK (which it could be within days), it would have been a different story. 1st year of production, 305th off the line, clearly garbage trash nobody will want to buy

drat that's a hot car though

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Those questions help other people that might not post even if the asker never bids, barring some troll questions I suppose.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

40 years ain't too bad... I'm going to say 5 liters

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Another 'secret' is to pay extra for the good seed from a grass seed retailer. The stuff you get at the hardware store, even the premium label, is crap.

For example: https://www.preferredseed.com/category/?cid=55

There is a national turf seed rating program where they grow all kinds of grass in different climates in the US, NTEP, if you want to dive in deep. Some of the newer grasses just turn darker green when they go dormant, they don't turn brown.

meatpimp is absolutely right about length, something like 3-5" is a good spot and with good grass it will feel so soft and lush. Additionally, you stress the grass more when you cut off larger amounts of the blade, so longer grass (and more frequent cuttings) will help keep stress as low as possible.

re: dominating, I overheard my neighbor complaining to guests that our improved lawn made hers look bad 🥰

taqueso fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 23, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Yeah its best to use natural plants / xeroscape, and a huge lawn is a chore and for most people a giant nitrogen sink / chemical fert dropping ground. Clovers are rad**. I really prefer to use mostly organic nitrogen sources that break down over time from soil bacteria, such as milorganite (Milwalkee Organic Nitrogen*) - you basically can't over apply it, it's slow-release, and you aren't dumping chemical salts in your yard. You want to encourage a good soil microbiome that naturally keeps nutrients in the soil instead of adding water-soluble nitrogen sources. Some chemical stuff is fine for supplementing minerals but grass is mostly about nitrogen. If you select a good grass for your area you can likely get away with minimal watering if you can accept dormancy, and if you are in a water-poor area doing otherwise is lovely. A good modern grass is a big part of that, you can get stuff that uses low amounts of water, survives drought, etc.

Also watch what happens to the water in your yard. The default setup (at least in the US) is to dump all water out into the street/sewer as quickly as possible. You get way less utility than you could have if you design the yard to slow the flow of water so it has time to soak everywhere, or collect it in ponds / containers and redistribute it.

Personally, I like mowing especially after a day sitting in a chair typing, but I can do the entire lawn in 30 minutes with a push reel mower.

* it's poo poo processed into fertilizer in one of the first industrial humanure operations and you know milwalkians are packing some powerful shits. You can also check around locally, some cities have similar operations like austin's dillo dirt

** my minorly rich banker uncle bought a summer cabin place in some wooded hills near a stream and had the most beautiful lawn with clovers growing evenly throughout, not at all patchy, just wonderful looking and he was like "i dunno, i didn't do anything lawn just came like this"

the 'problem' with clover is that you can't bomb the whole yard with broadleaf herbicide that kills things that aren't grass so you have to have a healthy lawn that keeps weeds out

taqueso fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 23, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Sgt Fox posted:

Hmm, never saw that in their stores.

I work with someone that has a 2nd job at HF and they said the same thing.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

In my experience, it will continue for months until the neighbor gets sent to rehab and you find out 80% of the people there were her squatting drug friends. And then it will be glorious peace.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Also why would you leave your wallet in your car

because I always keep it next to my unlocked gun

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

someone has to buy the flagship stuff :shrug:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I was checking out touchup paint for my mom's CRV and now I know why they are all white

2014: 3 slightly different white colors offered
2015: 4 white colors
2016: 3 white colors

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

hmm, maybe I need to put some M3 badges on my XC90

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

let us know when you pick it up!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I was scanning craiglist and apparently there is a challenger Scat Pack.. what is up with that name?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Ah, cool. The term originating in the 50s makes much more sense than something coined this century.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

That looks super nice, what are the amenities?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Bummer about the laserdisc, that would have been baller. I hope it got stolen/recovered and not trashed, even though you didn't get it. I figure anyone working on these cars all the time would know that's cool and also know what rule to cite to get to keep it.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Cage posted:

Hes just so happy. Search "Takashi Murakami" if you want more. I want a lil pillow.
That guy has a wide, uh, variety of artworks. Probably need to get his 'lonesome cowboy' as hood ornament

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I saw this interesting mower? thing this morning, with two central wheels with atv mud style tires and 4 outboard small wheels, casters on the front pair

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Yeah that looks like what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I live in south dakota and the largest city (~200k) already rioted and they are getting the riot gear ready here in the 2nd largest* (100k)

itshappening

e: *they launched teargas at the mall and dumpsters on fire so the gear is out

taqueso fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 1, 2020