Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

IOwnCalculus posted:

The more time goes by, the more convinced I am that the GOP are just Hell's Globetrotters. The Dems are the Washington Generals, forever getting dunked on by people playing by entirely different rules, but ultimately just serving to advance a largely similar agenda.

I've always said that Republicans are evil and Democrats are incompetent. Yours is a less divisive statement of that view.

Elviscat posted:

Holy poo poo AvE has gone off the 'ol Libertarian rails, bitching about masks and poo poo in his latest videos. I'm unsubscribing, all here does these days it's gently caress with his CNC and try to use flextures to solve every problem (they don't)

We all fall to Dunning-Kruger in the end I guess.

Yup. I thought the same thing.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Because under Reagan and continuing onward republicans did everything they could to defund american public education because people who know things are prone to using their own brains to make voting decisions, rather than just doing whatever Hannity said this morning.

Just imagine the conversation -- "We've got to keep them dumb, if they get educated and find out how much we've exploited them, they'll kill the lot of us." :911:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I like Tremek's reminder.

I like Tremek's reminder, but also keep in mind that he speaks from the same privilege that a lot of us do. Not that privilege is a bad thing, but it's something that is critical to context.

I am an older, white, educated, suburban male. Every qualifier in that description allots a respect from "the system" that those without that qualifier aren't extended. I could do one hell of a lot of things directly in front of a police officer that would get me a (perhaps stern) warning, where others would be stopped, searched, and put under a microscope.

Again, there's nothing wrong with what I am, but I absolutely cannot stand that our "leadership" fits the same demographic criteria that I used to define myself, yet they choose to ignore the privilege and act like they built their lives from the ground up. And that's bullshit. And that's old. And we need a real change in leadership to represent the people that we are now, not what the old white guys want it to be.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tremek posted:

meatpimp's not wrong

Nobody has ever said that before. I think I just teared up.

Seriously, though, the flip side to privilege is that it doesn't negate the struggle. What you made for yourself and your family didn't drop into your lap, you worked for it and you got down there to grind when needed. It's like... context matters.

On a completely insane new topic: We had a designer from a local nursery come out to design our front bed. We've been struggling with "likes" and fighting deer and it just hasn't come together. I told my wife that we just transported ourselves to a deeper level of suburbia where we are paying someone to tell us what plants to put in our bed.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERhMCeLr1bg

I don't buy into conspiracy theories much, but this is seriously hosed up.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Scathach posted:

Holy poo poo Seth Rogan and Steve Carell and a ton of other stars are sending bail money to jailed protestors. Never seen that before.

Well, gotta riot to change things. Peaceful protests aren't working. Stay safe out there people.

And the loving orange one tweeted about how the White House has the most ominous weapons he's ever seen, the protestors re paid groups, and that it should be MAGA night tonight. gently caress him, that's how poo poo really explodes.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

My dudes, I have a really bad feeling about tonight.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:toot: Ohio just activated its National Guard. That's never gone wrong before. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

jonathan posted:

Funny enough the dealership I was going to wander around today is on fire.

That sentence is so 2020.