Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.

Ferremit posted:

Finally convinced dad that he probably needs to upgrade his 1969 Massey Ferguson 135 tractor on the farm before it loving kills him, so now we're going tractor shopping tomorrow... And hes moaning about having to spend money on not dying. Mum has also told him to buy a new loving tractor before this one kills him too.

This is the same machine that has ended up sliding down a hill towards a dam totally out of control until the front end loader bucket bit into the ground TWICE now, once with me on it, once with him on it. Its 2wd, No power steering, No safety equipment beyond a ROPS cage, Barely functional even tho they're fully adjusted brakes, mediocre hydraulic performance, a front end loader with so much wear in the bucket pins you could get your pinkie in the bore with the pin, leaking hydraulic rams, leaking EVERYTHING else (because its a massey), its time for it to go to someone elses farm. Who doesnt have nothing but hills.

He's moaning about having to actually buy a new tractor (he got the massey for $3500 10 years ago because he matched the dealer trade in at his work) and Im just wondering what colour we'll end up getting- Its gotta have 4wd, front end loader and 4 in 1 bucket. Whether its a 3 or 4 series Deere, a 3000 series Kubota, A Case IH Farmall or a New Holland T3 or T4 I dont know!

Man, a MF135 is a really awesome old piece of iron. Please keep it around and let it live on, if even for drunken sunday hayrides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

beep-beep car is go posted:

My FIL still dailies this

And this one he uses for hauling firewood

It’s got a flywheel PTO on the other side! Once
I asked when was the last time he used it and he said they used to have a leather belt drive winnower and he last remembers it up and working “round 1980 I think”

Awesome. We need a tractor chat thread.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hm, I might have to get one of these for my stupid Miata that hasn't moved in a month. How complicated was the soldering? I once modded an original Xbox console that involved a mod chip roughly the size of a pencil eraser & 8 micro-solders and am relatively dexterous/capable of putting poo poo together, but I'm not a very regular solder-er and have a pretty mediocre iron...

Performance tool makes one all ready to go: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9476912&jsn=314

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

jonathan posted:

is this http://www.frozenboost.com/ place decent to order intercooler and piping from ? Their mandrel bent stuff seems too cheap. Like $10 for 2.25" 90* bends.

It looks like they are affiliated with https://www.siliconeintakes.com/. Both myself and a friend have ordered from them with zero issues, their stuff was good. I used their 3" 90 and a straight section to weld up an intake for the 323. Thick, well formed, no complaints.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

Big Taint posted:

The dust collector for the blaster came, so she’s mounted up. Got the casters on and some little LED lights that stick up inside. Mounted an outlet strip on it. I’m hoping that I can run the vac and one of the compressors on the garage circuit, and the other compressor off an extension cord somewhere in the house. The dust collector is a lot bigger than I expected! :lol:

What model dust collector did you buy?

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

Hmm, never saw that in their stores. Will have to add to the list for the next time I go to the USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

stevobob posted:

Oh, is there a specific EOL date for the Pixel 2? I'm still very very happy with mine too, no hardware problems, great battery life, no software issues like freezing or anything. poo poo. :( And I hear the Pixel 3 and 4 have hella quality issues. :argh:

If google stops updating, switch to a community build like lineageos. I ran that for years on an old nexus. https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-2/development/rom-lineageos-17-1-t4100309