Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

meltie posted:

Isn't it still March?

March 61st today, friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Can I just say that this travel plan is an incredibly stupid, dangerous and selfish thing to be even considering in this climate?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

Alright that's quite enough pearl clutching. It's not significantly worse than being inside a house, grocery shopping periodically, and occasionally going to the park or on a drive.

It is a LOT worse than being isolated in your home. For starters, a significant number of people who have this virus will never show any symptoms of it, yet they can still spread it to others very easily, potentially spreading this poo poo all over the country. And if you happen to make a stop in a small town, you've probably just spread the virus to people who live somewhere likely without any effective healthcare means to deal with an outbreak. Additionally, if someone on this trip gets sick, that's putting an additional burden on someone else's healthcare system. Finally, I don't know how it is in that failed state you call the United States, but pretty much everywhere else in the world, if you travel somewhere from out of your region/state/province/whatever, you are required to self-isolate for 14 days, or 14 days after the last symptoms if you happen to be sick, so what even is the point of traveling anywhere right now, or any time in the near future?

But yes I will continue pearl-clutching. rear end in a top hat.