Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I still don't know what a vtuber is or why we are all of a sudden talking about it.

its like utube but one higher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I still don't know what a vtuber is or why we are all of a sudden talking about it.

hwurmp answered this on page one read the thread!!!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Uguutube surprisingly not a thing

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I said come in! posted:

artificial personality streamers usually with 3D avatars

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You know, v-tu-bers

Boil em mash em stick em in a stew!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

artificial personality streamers usually with 3D avatars

I don't understand why someone would want to watch that, but I watch a ton of Twitch TV, so i'm not gonna judge.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I don't understand why someone would want to watch that, but I watch a ton of Twitch TV, so i'm not gonna judge.

Probably not much different from why someone would watch a let’s play with an engaging host

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm going to play Streets of Rage today, and I'm going to rage because of how bad I will be at the game. Give me all the tips.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust has been compromised by Hololive and they're using the chat thread to make us watch Suisei/Okayu/Korone

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Awesome Animals posted:

I'm going to play Streets of Rage today, and I'm going to rage because of how bad I will be at the game. Give me all the tips.

Does Streets of Rage 4 have a unlimited continues and/or lives option?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

The 3d avatars are usually anime girls and if that one recommendation I got after watching the one snail posted is any indicator, they'll show you their panties sometimes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

The 3d avatars are usually anime girls and if that one recommendation I got after watching the one snail posted is any indicator, they'll show you their panties sometimes.

:hmmyes: say no more. This is on brand for this forum.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Subaru played undertale a few months ago and got really excited about classic rpgs so she's been playing live-a-live and chrono trigger and (currently) final fantasy 6 and her enthusiasm for these games in 2020 has been fun to watch

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Rinkles posted:

Looks like King's Field as a grid based dungeon crawler

I played it for a bit more and yeah, that's about the right of it. It takes place 10 years after the previous game and it's a dungeon crawler with random battles and King's Field mechanics, you have a rising stamina gauge that determines your attack power and you can lift your shield to block enemy hits, plus you can equip elemental magic to cast it when you find some.

It has skeletons and it has chests, but as of yet no skeletons in chests. I accidentally walked into a pit and died instantly at the start of the dungeon though, so I can confirm it to be a King's Field game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kanfy posted:

I played it for a bit more and yeah, that's about the right of it. It takes place 10 years after the previous game and it's a dungeon crawler with random battles and King's Field mechanics, you have a rising stamina gauge that determines your attack power and you can lift your shield to block enemy hits, plus you can equip elemental magic to cast it when you find some.

It has skeletons and it has chests, but as of yet no skeletons in chests. I accidentally walked into a pit and died instantly at the start of the dungeon though, so I can confirm it to be a King's Field game.

Cool. Was hoping someone would shed some light.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It is ironic how Homeless “play games, don’t watch them” the Snail is all in for vtubers. Yes this is a call-out,

Weedle
May 31, 2006

has anyone itt ever played the yakuza spinoff games for psp where you're an aspiring mma fighter or something

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

It is ironic how Homeless “play games, don’t watch them” the Snail is all in for vtubers. Yes this is a call-out,

i imagine the distinction is "definitely watch anime girls though"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Awesome Animals posted:

Get carried by the friend you're playing with.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I dunno, what's vtube with you

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Endorph posted:

personally, im glad women get to make jokes about video games online in a format that prevents people from finding their real addresses

It’s great, until they get fired because the producer didn’t like their tone of voice and replaced with no notice to the public, because they’re treated as disposable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

I dunno, what's vtube with you

vtube balls!!!!!!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Double Punctuation posted:

It’s great, until they get fired because the producer didn’t like their tone of voice and replaced with no notice to the public, because they’re treated as disposable.

Ahh, capitalism

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I just watched a video about early access Postal 4 and they have:
-Billboards referencing Joe Exotic
-NPCs wearing masks
-A bidet business hiding toilet paper in a back room

Now, this game probably won't be finished before 2022, and it's kinda fascinating to see that those lame, dated references in games actually get added when they are topical during development!

Also Jon St. John is voicing the Postal Dude, but :shrug:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is John St John a bad person? He seems to not be very discerning when it comes to scripts he's told to read

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Is John St John a bad person? He seems to not be very discerning when it comes to scripts he's told to read

most working actors aren't. like 1% of them are in a position to pick and choose

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Is John St John a bad person?

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1170481876458512384

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

John St John seems like the kind of person who genuinely believes Duke Nukem is cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I remember John St John did an unironic "Humanity is the virus the earth is healing" tweet, but I think he deleted it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He might just be reading a script, for money

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I want a Duke Nukem game where you take the role of an agency that only exists to make sure Duke keeps killing alien invaders. You hire actors/actresses to stroke his ego, keep him from finding out that no one likes him, and drop weapons, health packs and interactables on the battlefield to steer the AI controlled Duke in the right direction and keep him entertained.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Duke Nukem Dating Sim or Die

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Duke nukem gently caress a fan contest

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was looking into buying a new keyboard because my current one's not super ergonomic and my wrists are slowing crumbling into dust, and a friend recommended a Corsair one and I laughed very hard at the description including this

quote:

Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame for superior durability

It's designed for all your heated gamer moments lmao

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why would you want an old rich pool for a keyboard

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like different things in a gaming keyboard and a typing/work keyboard. My gaming keyboard is a Rosewill mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Reds that I like, but for work I have a I-spent-way-too-much-loving-money-on-this Topre board. Topre's weird hybrid rubber/mechanical switches feel incredible for typing and I love it so much.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I'm not watching them for the games

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

RBA Starblade posted:

I was looking into buying a new keyboard because my current one's not super ergonomic and my wrists are slowing crumbling into dust, and a friend recommended a Corsair one and I laughed very hard at the description including this

It's designed for all your heated gamer moments lmao

Welcome to PC part picking. Pretty much all the quality parts have dumb marketing gimmicks like that. It’s already an expensive part; they might as well go all-in. One thing you see a lot is “military-grade” things, as if the military is building their own computers and not buying everything pre-made from Dell (albeit with the USB ports epoxied shut).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Double Punctuation posted:

that doesn't happen with pretty much anyone other than kizuna ai, though. if anyone else quits or gets fired they just retire the character

also just this week they're trying to reform kizuna ai by bringing back the original actor very explicitly by name and changing the management around, because everyone thinks how they've handled her loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

He might just be reading a script, for money

Better than when Saffron Olive was asked to say "trans rights" on stream and he said "uh... I dunno what that is"