Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe the June thread title could commemorate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe the June thread title could commemorate this

Hopefully you’ll finish the Baldurs so you can make it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
June Stux Memorial Chat Thread

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the three best words to describe you: stinx, stanx, stunx

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Cowcaster posted:

the three best words to describe you: stinx, stanx, stunx

saying this out loud to the cadence of the beginning of this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG_S7BSBjIk

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Final Fantasy X and 2 it is. Though I neglected to mention SMT IV and IV:A.

My computer struggles to run vanilla Minecraft so I don't even bother with Steam. My Surface tablet can run Path of Radiance on Dolphin reasonably well though so maybe I should look at something relatively modern on here.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hopefully you’ll finish the Baldurs so you can make it

:negative:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

path of radiance: some pretty fun maps and a moderately interesting story at first. but the 5 support dialogues per character across alllll of their potential support convos is crippling. the little base vignettes with ike are good but come on

7.5/10 not enough friendship

now to play doshin

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think of doin' up the house every day

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
You ever, out of the blue, wake up in a pleasantly harmonious state of mind? Where you can suddenly think and see clearly, as if a long dormant part of your brain remembered to turn on? And your imagination is back, and things don't seem so bad, and life almost makes "sense", and you can do things?

Before not too long sinking back into mental languishing and hopelessness?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

i think of doin' up the house every day

loadsaaa

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's very far from being even a decent game, but it has some okay jams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aCqGhFFw54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDfRhml9GQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvv1dLWPPW8

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The first 4D game...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

isn't that Dark Dreams Don't Die

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rinkles posted:

You ever, out of the blue, wake up in a pleasantly harmonious state of mind? Where you can suddenly think and see clearly, as if a long dormant part of your brain remembered to turn on? And your imagination is back, and things don't seem so bad, and life almost makes "sense", and you can do things?

This correlates with putting my phone up.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rinkles posted:

wuggles posted:

This correlates with putting my phone up.

Today especially for me. The internet is a loving cruel place.

Amp fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 23, 2020

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am going to make a post on Mass Effect Andromeda.

When it came out, I got it as a birthday present from Lady VG. I had said before release that seeing some of the weird glitches and stuff in the reviews/previews did not bother me and make me think it was pretty campy. I played for a good few hours and reached EOS and then my PC at the time broke and I took a while to get a replacement. I pretty much played only PS4 and switch until last year when I ended up getting a brand new machine.

After hearing the rumours of a full mass effect trilogy remaster a week ago, it reminded me that I had never finished Andromeda and to be honest I had not been bothered by a lot of what people were saying at the time. So I reinstalled and began playing again (from the beginning) a few days ago.

I have just finished the part where you total recall EOS and I have to say that divorced from that expectation and anticipation as a follow up to Mass Effect that this game sits in a really weird position between good and fine.

It is really obvious that frostbite was either a poor engine choice or that the developers had no experience with it because the animations for normal things such as walking and running look weird. In fact Ryder and the characters seem to move more like FIFA players. The facial animations for all human characters are weird. Mouths move unnaturally and you are lucky if they sync up to the words. Eyelines also seem all over the place where often my Ryder is staring at people's foreheads when she talks to them.

There are numerous glitches too, like the weird heat haze around important characters who are standing ready for me to chat, or the times I see highlighted objects/people flicker in and out.

However none of this is a dealbreaker to me. I am not troubled and I forget about these things happening because I am enjoying everything else. Somehow the spirit of exploration, the feeling of a wide open universe that Mass Effect 1 brought is here in the game. I always felt ME2 (and ME3 by extension) closed the vastness of the potential story to such narrow bands that I have always held it against the game. Andromeda being this new unexplored place with these worlds that I get dropped onto with the Nomad (Mako surrogate) is recreating those feelings that ME1 stirred. I welcome it so much! It is no secret how much I loved Mako exploration in ME1 and again, the changes ME2 made to the series are the reason I hold it so much lower than 1 or 3.

Andromeda feels as though they took ME1 as the baseline and tried to do something from its skeleton. This is most definitely a thumbs up from me!

The music is subdued and I have yet to hear anything stand out like uncharted worlds or vigil or normandy. The combat alternates between clunky and smooth depending on the environment.

I know I am not that far in (only EOS main objective is done) so things could all unravel and shock me without warning at any time, but I am currently enjoying a B Movie style game in the Mass Effect theme and really, that is enough right now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress George Takei in particular this morning.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Andromeda goes on sale a lot for like £2 and I know I'd get my money's worth since I liked the first 3 but I'd rather just play something else

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I never played Blinx, but I did play Blinx 2, which had a cool surprisingly elaborate character creator and a neat mission structure.

You played as a team of 4 fully customized Time Cats who would go on time missions, as well as a team of 4 customised Heist Pigs, who work for a pig that I’m guessing was the villain of the first one. The cat missions were like 3D puzzle platforming, and the pig missions were chaotic stealth segments.

You alternated levels working at cross purposes, and maybe occasionally fought each other as mini-bosses, then fought a big time demon or something. I don’t even remember Blinx being in it, but he must have been, surely.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress George Takei in particular this morning.

What did he do?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Rinkles posted:

we have been having potty training struggles at home but last night our toddler dropped a gigantic load into his toddler potty right before bedtime so i went to bed with a feeling of deep satisfaction and accomplishment that has continued to this morning. give me a few minutes to get posting and i'm sure it'll evaporate in no time

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't have much luck in the other thread I asked this in but I'm gonna crosspost this to here

FirstAidKite posted:

These aren't models of any anime in particular (at least not that I'm familiar with), but I found these 2 pics of these 8 foampunch robot model kits and I tried reverse searching for them but all I found was this website idk anything about. I was wondering if maybe someone in here recognized the models and could give me a name or something to look them up by.

http://www.asia.ru/en/ProductInfo/981151.html
http://www.asia.ru/en/ProductInfo/981155.html

e: I only stumbled across those because I was looking for these robot models that Five & Below used to have years ago and I lost my originals last year so I was hoping to get them back and those puzzle robot things came up during the search.

Thankfully I've found versions of those on ebay (though unfortunately marked up over the original store version's $5 per kit) but now I'm trying to find those other mysterious bots. I don't know if they're from the same creator or company or what.

Has anybody seen those "puzzle robots" before or has anyone have any clue who the creator is? I want them but I'm not sure exactly how to even find them, if they're even a real thing being sold legitimately anywhere.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't have much luck in the other thread I asked this in but I'm gonna crosspost this to here

Has anybody seen those "puzzle robots" before or has anyone have any clue who the creator is? I want them but I'm not sure exactly how to even find them, if they're even a real thing being sold legitimately anywhere.

Maker is FBM
https://www.amazon.com.au/Creator-Vehicle-Foam-Board-Model/dp/B01LWBP5KN

Here is the robot. 1 left in stock
https://www.amazon.com/DIY-Creator-Battle-Robot-Model/dp/B017VS1O30

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
FFXIV Starter Edition is now free on PSN and it comes with a 30 day subscription.

I've been sort of waiting them to redo the Realm Reborn storyline since I've played it once on a lost account.

But I guess this is as good time as any to do the base story and get on with it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Thank you, I appreciate your help, but That's not what I'm looking for. Sorry. I'm legit appreciative that you tried, please don't think I'm ungrateful or anything like that.

My problem right now is that I can't seem to find the original creator of that merch.

This is where I'm at right now:

Years ago I found 3 "DIY 3D Creator Battle Robot Series" robot model kits from the store Five & Below. Upon looking them up and finding them online, I've found other similar products under other names that seem to be related to that series. I've found numerous other companies and sites selling various kits but it is all in a foreign language that I can't read or understand and I can't even tell if any of these sites are legit. I'm guessing that what happened is that some original company made the designs and sold them to be marketed by another company, but they've sold different designs to different companies and not all of them are stocked in America.

I'm basically just wondering if anybody can tell me who the original manufacturer is and if there is a legitimately not shady means of getting their model kit things. I've found a few other kits that seemed to be sold under other names, like this one here.

https://www.amazon.com/Tyrannotron-Metasaurs-Foam-Board-Plastic-Snap-Together/dp/B0049U14NY/

I'm just not sure what to look for since I'm not familiar with legitimate online stores that would carry the manufacturer's stuff and the fact that so many of them are sold under different names makes it hard to find them. It feels like I'm trying to trace a family tree back to its head but I'm stuck with a bunch of separate branches that have changed their names and I can't find their original names to trace them back.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Arianna wishes she has bayo's footwork

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 23, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WaltherFeng posted:

FFXIV Starter Edition is now free on PSN and it comes with a 30 day subscription.

I've been sort of waiting them to redo the Realm Reborn storyline since I've played it once on a lost account.

But I guess this is as good time as any to do the base story and get on with it.

The ARR revamp is in a couple of months, so if you start it and find it a slog it might be worth waiting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

bushisms.txt posted:

This and i love that 2nd runner takes the mgs2 route with protagonist and you get to see that kid super jaded. If there's any tragedy about Konami and kojima, it's all the potential like this and mgr2 left on the table.

It's the Gundam route, not the MGS2 route. The plot of ZoE is a shameless ripoff of the start of the original Gundam and the kid showing up in ZoE2 as a jaded adult is just like Amuro showing up in Zeta Gundam

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Convex posted:

What did he do?

He did a tweet where he was like "Anti Biden voters please reply I wanna debate" but he used that new feature Twitter did to prevent ratios so no one could reply because he's a fragile old man

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That twitter feature should be on by default for every tweet and also you can't turn it off

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also they should remove the ability to post anything, on twitter

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dog and cat posts only

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also if you post on twitter a bunyip eats you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrYO-Mog60

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Maneater seems fun https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1264220684110217217?s=19

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I miss Dan being on GB.

He's just a giant nerd.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Also if you post on twitter a bunyip eats you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrYO-Mog60

everyone remembers this one but for some reason growing up my family had its lesser known sequel "dot and the whale" on tape instead. all i remember about it is she steps on a sea urchin or something and gets poisonous hole in her foot. then maybe an octopus sucks it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

haveblue posted:

That twitter feature should be on by default for every tweet and also you can't turn it off

Quote retweet and tell him to piss off, should still work.