Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tails is sonics daughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

slot loaders are bad imo, and in anything outside of a car or a big hifi stack or something is completely a form over function thing. and if youre slot loading a cd in your car or hifi, congratulations on connecting your posting time machine from the 90s, wait until you hear about these things called vtubers

i dunno, slot loaders are a lot smaller than trays, if you look at a ps4 or especially a ps4 slim tear down theres absolutely no way you couldve thrown in a full sized tray loader without changing huge amounts of the designs and making them bigger

sharrrk posted:

i hope everyone is enjoying theyre gameing content in whatever form they enjoy most this friday. personally im going to spend it sad that i havent seen any of my friends in months and every event i was looking forward to this year has been cancelled, and also some other things that are more personal

game well and game safe, there are always friends here "in the thread"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

remember the miku dominos video with the dominos president. insanely good content

his smile still haunts me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

was i in the chat threads in 2016 or was i in my sicko phase at the time i dont remember

what year was it when i made the chat thread and then locked it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

humble monthly this month is hot garbage do better humble

shocked to see this and then go and look and its xcom 2 and rise of industry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this good?

there was a demo for it at one point and i liked what i played enough to throw it on the wishlist and im happy to see it in the monthly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you wont BELIEVE what beavis and butthead look like NOW

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

we talked about how the wii u gamepad would come on at night and shoot eshop ads at you

was it accompanied by miyamoto yelling "BLAO BLAO BLAO"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I want to make it clear that I don't think vtubers are uniquely sad and pathetic as a phenomenon, but the ideal that these sad, pathetic, broken people strive towards or idealize. It's what I mean when I say it's all deeply sad but they especially are. I do not doubt that pretending to be a twelve year old anime for an entire company and enterprise, who will erase you on a whim , all of whom revolve around revealing their panties to you or not really loving you the highest donor for likes and subscribes is the apex of the business. They are ahead of the pack. They are the end.

Also the tiny anime went brrr when she shot the chaingun

you may not know this but something awful actually INVENTED lets plays

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

having your brother watch you play: fine, normal

giving your brother a second controller for a single player game and convincing him hes playing: this is standard but advanced tier still

convincing your brother he is playing the tv show you want to watch so he doesnt turn it off to play sonic: god ascending tier

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[slamming the table] mahjong is a card game!!!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Not in the EU where the component cables were never released and they replaced any 480p option with PAL60 instead.

messed up that we were punished for having a sane cable system by the only two ntsc nations on the planet who also refused to use scart

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

not that it matters either way anymore because ill just emu a gamecube

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeXReX posted:

you got to play every single game from before pal60 with extra reaction time in between frames so IDK what you're complaining about

punished for having the higher res standard by lazy slow ports

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

perhaps the same could be said of pc gaming

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what internet speed makes ripping to sd with the internal wii reader slower than downloading

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

me: i think crime is cool against the big corps who make millions, i say "steal from the rich and even eat them"

oddium: uhhhh please dont hurt the millionaires... theyre trying to help us... if they get rich itll "trickle down"

me, in rebuttal, ive got shades and a trenchcoat on now and im smoking too: the only thing i want to "trickle down" is the tears down their face as i look down at them and say "no"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sharrrk posted:

smoking is bad for your health and others'

in the bit im jc denton in the cyberfuture and i have nano lungs so its ok

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'll show you something that trickles down!

*gestures at the rain sliding off the tin roof of my beautiful cottage. I offer you a glass of lemonade as we sit on the patio to watch the storm*

i hope "watch the storm" is code for "watch marvel"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MAKE IT RAAAAIN

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

im just trying to live by my simple core three tenets: pure, cute, funny

not all heroes wear capes... thank you for your service

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im going to "la luna"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Weedle posted:

he still takes damage from cigs though

ludonarrative dissonance

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

no oxford comma.................

here we go

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

speak on this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

only rich weirdo posh people use the oxford comma here

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

being anti oxford comma is like being pro possessive it's

standing up for the millionaire class twice in one thread hate to see it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

then why can they only put up 20 nes games i dont want to play

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yaku 6 what is this a haneman

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

everything yuasa has made is better than nearly all anime from 35 years ago

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

after community review i will try to add doshin the giant to the List. and maybe give skies of arcadia a chance again because kite likes it so much

ikaruga chibi robo bg&e killer7 simpsons hit and run

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1EZKgeLduo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

did they ever figure anything out for the way shadows behave in these PS2 Atlus games

yeah the 1.5.0 beta branch of pcsx2 has it all completely fixed from what ive seen so far

Maniacs and Chronicle Edition is just weird poo poo for the European release of the game I think but there is a good Hardtype mod for Nocturne

its the jpn maniacs+ version with raidou instead of dante, the mod is just moving the US nocturne translation over to replace 99% of it, and then a few bits of translation for the extra stuff.

is the hardtype mod less nonsense than the default hard mode which turns the game from "very difficult but down to preperation" to "dice roll deaths"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ohhh, neat

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3299/

there's a lot to it, but it adds in a lot of QoL stuff in addition to remixing boss stats and enemy AI scripts and making balance improvements. I've wanted to get into it but the graphics were bothering me, I'll experiment with pcsx2 in a little bit

the only graphical thing ive had to mess around with is some settings to push the motion blur down a bit, the deinterlacing + ps2 smt games already having weird after effects is a forever issue. have to boot up nocturne on my ps3 sometime to remember exactly how heavy it was normally anyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also that hack seems like a more fair hard mode than the games actual hard mode which is probably one of the most unfair difficulty settings anyone has ever created

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

who could it be!!

here's what I'm using right now, my boy Naoki's shadow looks fine right now, it seems like this emulator's really had a lot tightened up in the last two years

i shouldve grabbed the dialog for this version just cos it mentions gouto