Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Duke Nukem Dating Sim or Die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

If you like boardgames the Frosthaven Kickstarter is closing in about 90min :siren:

It's prequel Gloomhaven has basically sat at the #1 spot of Board Game Geeks all time list for a long long time as the ~Board Game Darling~ of the moment.
I have wanted to pickup Gloomhaven for a while now, but it's supppppper expensive at retail.

The box it comes in is absolutely gigantic, with an absolute fuckload of secrets to discover. (You don't have access to all the player classes to being with and unlock them over the course of the game for example)

Here's a pretty good review of Gloomhaven to give you an idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKc5XhvkC8M

dang, thirty extra bucks because i didn't see this post earlier??? 2rich4myblood but maybe i can trick a coworker into buying it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

yeah

mostly now they're an outdated excuse for world pvp that hasn't been good since 2005 and a writing crutch so they can reset the world to a nonsense status quo each expansion

Storywise there should probably be a variety of sovereign nations all competing and cooperating as it suits their interests and goals over time. The alliance is supposed to have different kingdoms under it, but lately they all just bow to Anduin as Super Mega King Forever. If someone sat down and really lored out the realistic likely political interests and divisions of the various peoples and groups within them on the planet and a bit beyond... they could make one of those Europa Euniversalis type games with all the intimidating maps and menus and charts.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

stev posted:

If an open world game can keep me playing for 30 hours it's top tier. Hell 15 hours is pretty impressive.

Any game that doesn't go into 100+ hours is kind of a miserable failure. Fallout 4 is probably one of the worst ways a human could spend their time on Earth but at least it takes a cool hundo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

stev posted:

I was really expecting the big ending of Battle of Azeroth be some sort of lasting peace or a merging of the factions - or the factions dividing into their own groups like you said. What would really change? You can go to Stormwind as a troll and group with some different looking races to usual. You can still have world PvP - just say you can be aligned to a die hard sect who refuses to let the war die, or say it's combat training or some poo poo.

The story of WoW has been such a boring repetitive slog for the last 10 years now. It needs a major structural change to jolt the writers to life.

World PvP would be easy if they set us several nations, like, Elves could be fighting anyone who chops trees again, could have an undead nation that's pro-unlife and seeks to spread it diplomatically. Church of the Light would probably do a Vatican City-state kind of thing. Shamans and Druids seem like they'd make a couple hardy earth refuges and just keep everyone else the gently caress away from loving up nature more. There's a ton of ways to skin this cat but they'll probably just add a cat race before ever bothering.

Macaluso posted:

As someone who loved Witcher 3 and AC Odyssee: lmao huh???

I don't beleive people actually play those offbrand prince of persia games, they're like the toys on the ground at "Big Lots!". they make a bunch of em and presumably someone is buying them but come on.

Witcher 3 is over 100 hours, at least for me, a person who still never even finished it. There's a ton of pointless filler, irritatingly blended in with filler that is actually rewarding and fun.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if a game was actually Good, movement itself would be so satisfying that it is fun to do for its own sake.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
you dont bitch about having to walk from portrait to portrait in super mario 64 bc it is fun af to walk around and poo poo wa wah wahoo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I actually prefer world maps like Mario 3, SMW and 3D World :shobon:

Sure, I love them too but those world maps would still be fun if you got to run around them with the normal movement physics because those are themselves just Fun and Good.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
troz imo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I love when people read Revelations are like "oh man, this snake cup the angels are pouring out obviously means Israel will invent a cure for world hunger but Russia will invade them and install the new antichrist as winner of the silvagunna king for a day tournament...

Did any of y'all grow up BAC enough to read the Left Behind series of books? The best part of the books is when this jewish guy who still doesn't really believe in god, but he invented like the superplants that grow in poo poo deserts or whatever because god is blessing him or some poo poo. Anyway, at one point he makes this non-metal blade that is so thin and sharp the antichrist's security team doesn't catch it. I don't think he even ends up killing anyone with it, but I'll never forget this weird subplot about making this magic wooden nearly-invisible sword to assassinate the anti-christ. Does'nt work, the Antichrist is straight up a really, really good guy according to the authors. They kept wanting him to be this evil guy but he demonstrably improved the world, by their own accounts, the world was only improved by the sudden mass exodus of Christians. At least until Jesus shows back up to gently caress poo poo up, but I lost interest in the last book. They somehow made the second coming of christ boring.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

chances any of this ever get used in a game or perform as advertised? because i think the gamecube and original xbox had tech demos like this that were just as impressive but likewise never really manifest itself in an appreciable way

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'll believe it if it ever happens. Every console gen has come with promises of amazing graphical leaps but the best 2020 game is only marginally more advanced than gamecube graphics

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Harrow posted:

For reference, here's an Unreal Engine 4 tech demo from 2012 if you want to compare it to how actual UE4 games look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9CPqSKjTU

well here's my report on how games look in 2017 so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uhHW0KdVDk

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
honestly i've been playing videogames so long I don't even see the graphics anymore. I can just read the images and sort of tell exactly what it is supposed to be. All I see is blonde, bowsette, redhead, megamelons...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
where is fourth dimension, i cant see it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lol yeah let me just play this game about being a really mean bad person, no thanks

animal crossing has kind of put all other videogames to shame, i cant imagine bothering with lesser games ever again

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't even want to play GTA. Make a GTA where I can do the whole game without being a murderman and only commit victimless crimes against capitalism like downloading-sharing or mailing anthrax to CEOs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

Watchdogs 2. Lots of computer crimes and hacker mischief, less murder rampages and almost no missions that specifically require one.

I feel like there's a reason i don't buy ubisoft products but gamer morals begin and end with a game they feel like playing.

goblin week posted:

I also can't imagine a game lesser than animal crossing

I also don't waste time thinking of all the other pathetic videogames made, would just make me sad

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
one step test to tell if your game sucks rear end:

do they make you shoot a gun? then the game sucks because it is just a murder simulator for idiots and teens

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

stev posted:

What if the gun shoots ink and you're a kid now then a squid now?

kids with guns?! who made this, AMERICAN MCGEE

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
of the many worst things about American McGee, that he didn't lean into his name by becoming a developer known for his over-the-top patriotic parody games is the worst.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i missed tea chat but none of y'all ever expressed whether you wanted sweet or unsweet tea so which is it?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
when people from europe try to sneer at american food i just remember this euro staple meal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y--i9lNqLjM

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've got nothing against artificial sweeteners but they should have another name, like nickelodeon gak acid, robot's leaky dick gel, battery acidifier, antifreezener, or axe body spray concentrate.

I'm no tasteologist but "sweet" means something that splendango and company are obviously not interested in pursuing. Sweet/Umumami/Salt/Sour/Bitter/Industrial-Cleaner. Give that last group its own group, stop stuffing it in with sugar.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what was the chao garden hub called? entering that place was the ultimate "you're about to have a really good time" moment

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

la croix tastes like fish oil, i just drink kroger brand

??? i even buy unflavored la croix sometimes, there aint no fish taste

i do buy cheaper brands if they got em because the whole deal is a ripoff but it feels good man

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
fighting game communities and fighting sport communities are both sacks of spoiled taters

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You shouldn't have to hack in GTO, you should just do the controller cheat codes to spawn money and guns and cars.

VideoGames posted:

Lady VG just found Julian on a deserted island in animal crossing and told me that apparently he is quite the desirable villager. She looks very happy about it so that is cool because she was bummed out that Octavian the octopus just moved out. :)

He's the unicorn of all animal crossing villagers!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

UE5 is pretty significant, dude

yeah right, better gamecube graphics wow its looks like im right there with shrek in the movie

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
see this generic handsome white guy? well guess what, now he has even more gooder graphics and you can still tell its a generic white guy. what can you do with him? same exact thing as before, but look, everything still looks like what it is supposed to, you know, like it did before.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stux posted:

ue5 looks great and has some really really good qol changes for artists that will result in way less time spent messing around retooling assets 500 times for different platforms and LOD distances as well as dealing with lighting workflows

thats great news, they can fire all of these artists so much faster now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i just played one of the girls until we unlocked the joke characters

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

folks help me get #noggate trending so we can right this wrong

i like try and bite the shell off the milky way so I'm left with a pure bar of sticky noggate and caramel

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

nog is for the wintertime it's midway through spring right now

eh, you know what they say. it's always winter somewheres

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
are you one of the heels or heros of this thread?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stux posted:

how do people think anticheat can work effectively without ring 0 access very serious question

i never saw the prequel, is it any good?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what do you have, linux? linus sold out to the cia back in the 90s so good luck with your government black ops surveillance os

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the agent in charge of reading stux activity gets so pissed off when zelda comes up bc hes not allowed to say anything

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
cheating is a human right, if anything, anti-cheats should be illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Looper posted:

cheating in single player games is great, cheating in multiplayer where someone can break your game isn't very fun usually

other people having rights is often not fun but idk seems like the right thing to do anyway