Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'd like to get into fighting games to some extent on PC. What's the current most popular game? Street fighter V or Tekken? Which version of SFV if that's the game? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Chev posted:

SFV and Tekken are pretty different sorts of fighting games, so your choice kindadepends on whether you prefer 2d or 3d gameplay.

Hm I guess I prefer 2D? I guess I want what is considered the more pure experience that will translate to other fighting games so 2D sounds more correct.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

sharrrk posted:

anyway i really wouldnt worry about what game is most popular, no matter what you end up playing you're going to want to join the community and find people you can talk to and rematch reliably because fighting randoms is never good. so just find something you like

Fair enough! Thanks. I've already got SFV downloading.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Dhalsim is a piece of poo poo

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

so what is a game that y'all have intense nostalgia for but also cannot stand playing anymore?

For me this is WoW. I still think that maybe no other game is as successful in presenting the scale and scope of the world. Flying in wow is more impactful that in anything other game, off the top of my head only Xenoblade X comes close, which makes their multi-year tantrum about flying all the more amusing and frustrating. Even writing this a part of me is tempted to log in and level a character, even though BfA sucks I still had a good time leveling a couple of characters through it.

But while it's always been a Skinner box, it's clear that rentention and FOMO are the primary design directions for it now, with fun and engagement being distant second. FFXIV is far from perfect but it respects me as a player far more, I can almost always easily tell how long something will take to get and I almost never feel like I'm setting myself back by taking a break.

WoW is definitely that for me. Played from BC through to Pandas and have an embarassing amount of played time in there.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Ah, at low health he restores himself to full

Remember your training

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Ordered an xbox one controller to replace my wired 360 controller. Is it much different? Do the triggers have variable resistance? Do devs actually use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

We need a new thread!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925790