Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i've been an anime girl this whole time, irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
uwutuber

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy may day folks, don't forget to not buy anything from amazon or whole foods or instacart today

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Weedle posted:

what did you guys talk about in there

how incredibly good the wii u is

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

There was a really hilarious take I saw once about how nerds are embarrassing for knowing "the massive list of rules for thousands of magic cards but not how to play bridge" that really made me want to make a game that uses a standard deck of 52 to play one of those games that's so complex no one actually wants to play it

those already exist, but there's usually alcohol involved at least

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say this. A real gem, imo. Also Cubivore

i tried cubivore recently but it was clunky and badweird (not to be confused with goodweird) and i didn't like it

SeXReX posted:

I wish I could in good concious recommend Baten Kaitos but there is just way too much game there for the payoff

baten kaitos is however a banger of a lunchbox game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also i love it when people post screenshots of what they're playing!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i'm playing excel right now it's not fun

talk about big mutha truckers...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
drat i wish i'd registered between march and september

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

a glitch posted:

A new Air Ride with a City Trial you could play online with more players would be brilliant, but I'd be more than happy just getting a new race-focused Air Ride.

the three modes of kirby air ride can be ranked thusly: city trial >>>>>>>>>>>> top ride > air ride

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

https://twitter.com/pori64/status/1256376209602154497

this entire thread of photos is some powerful nostalgia

idk if they had especially bad shoplifting problems or something, but my toys r us had an aisle of paper vouchers for its games, that you'd then bring to a counter near the exit for the actual box

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Matt Groening said he named the Simpsons the Simpsons because he thought simp sounded funny so it's not a new thing

my gf asked me what a simp was earlier today and i legit thought it was short for simpsona before we looked it up

Looper fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 6, 2020

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy earthbound day everybody

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've been playing halo 1 for the first time with a buddy and, while i definitely see how the entire genre was influenced by it, i don't think this would've lit my heart on fire as a kid. only eight weapons, half of which you see a handful of times, all your mission objectives just boil down to "go here," and all these dang soldiers keep dying the second i leave the room. and the indoor levels suck!

the outdoor levels are dope though and the enemy behavior and variety is cool. looking forward to seeing how the combat evolves (heh) over the next few games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
ah yes, that masculine phenomenon known as "facts"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Weedle posted:

The ball moves inexorably towards the paddle. It is the player's responsibility to meet the ball with the paddle, and their choice whether to do so. Is there a "safety net" behind them to catch the ball should they choose to abdicate this responsibility? No. There is only the ball, and the paddle.

look, what you're into is your business and no one else's, but i'm gonna need to see the money up front

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

mario hoops has the cutest moogle design of any ff

I'll see that and raise the crystal chronicles moogles

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

The devs behind my current front runner for goty, Lena's inception, just announced a new project.

It's a monster capturing rpg that looks like it's include some of the fusion mechanics from smt. It has cute art instead of horny art tho so no one will care

https://twitter.com/ByttenStudio/status/1259857204741574658?s=19

this looks cool

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Awesome Animals posted:

If I was interested in Final Fantasy VII Remake, but never played the original, should I play the original first?

nah you'll be fine

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Watching a JRPG stream seems like it’d be very boring

watching is a strong word but they're top tier for second monitor background noise

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What are you doing on your first monitor

working, gaming, or posting, not always in that order

I'm definitely not catching everything and will pause one thing when i wanna focus on the other but idk, my brain gets itchy if i try to focus 100% on something like pokemon colosseum or picross. but i still wanna play those things!

Looper fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 11, 2020

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I played Remake first, finished that and then played Original and finished it over the weekend. Both were great games. VII original holds up really well except for the graphics.

i will stan those textureless polygons forever, ff7 has some really great enemy design

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
peasants, eyes on your inboxes. your assignments for the first operation of the revolt will be finalized soon

if you do not receive any instructions, let's just say you might wanna sleep with one eye open tonight

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i got linked to someone's custom robin fire emblem mouse cursor sprites, so now i'm using that because i'm living life the best i can

i used to have cursors of serene from riviera the promised land that i won from a slot machine on the official website, maybe it's time to dig them back out

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

when they dressed up in 2...........................

an av of any of toad's costumes, especially wizard toad from the spooky board, would be sick as heck

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
charlie nooo :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've been playing some mario party clones with friends in quarantine and the current power ranking is as follows

1. sonic shuffle
2. billion road
3. rugrats in paris: the movie: the game
4. shrek super party (we actually couldn't get past the character selection because the game froze)
5. rugrats scavenger hunt
6. muppets party cruise

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

saints row 2 is a good feel murder game

i don't think good feel would make a saints row game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

they were on the helicopter with kobe bryant

what the gently caress?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

VideoGames posted:

One hour away from this arriving:

that book is an absolute delight

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

stev posted:

I'll probably give it a go because it looks a lot less bland than the last two or three Paper Mario games.

But God drat Nintendo enough with the paper based gimmicks. Is it too much to ask for a solid RPG with a fun plot where everyone is made of paper but it's never really acknowledged or made a big deal out of?

no. more craftworks games. MORE

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
lotta probes going around lately, stay safe gamers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

It's a side-scrolling, level-based shooter where you play one of 3 grizzled bounty hunters in a hyper-capitalist dystopia.

woah it takes place in 2020?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

nog is for the wintertime it's midway through spring right now

if they sold vanilla nog right now I'd be drinking it right now

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Khanstant posted:

cheating is a human right, if anything, anti-cheats should be illegal

cheating in single player games is great, cheating in multiplayer where someone can break your game isn't very fun usually

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hello fbi, how's the weather up there ha ha nerd

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the only kernels I'm interested in go in the microwave, now that's a good Friday night

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

people who complain about the true Chads who know to pick a main in a fighting game are cruising for a swirly

i main random

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if you're getting so wound up you wanna hit something or throw your controller, please take a step back and play something else. or go outside, make yourself a smoothie, check in to the games chat thread with your pals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

noooo i missed stefan somehow

stefan has such an obtuse recruiting method i can't help but love him even more. kinda sad newer fire emblems just hand you everyone now