Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

oh cool i love M. Night Shyamalan

i saw this at midnight opening day having never seen a single episode of the show and could still tell it was awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

there are several, pikamee's from Virtual Texas, kiryu coco is from atlanta, shirayuri lily lived in calfornia i guess because she slips into a weird valley girl accent when she speaks english. all the indonesian vtubers are fluent also, and hololive is doing tryouts for their english branch right now

is virtual texas better than normal texas because if so I'd like to move

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

I don't think an absentee dad that is just happy looking for a good fight is really heart felt. The show only really cares about the characters in relation to their powers.

goku being a bad dad doesn't make krillin, vegeta, piccolo, or hercule satan bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
luffy and goku are both fun characters (though goku moreso when he's a kid) but i wish non-male characters got to do more in both series

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

18 is the best dbz character

she and bulma are both top 5 but i wish they got to do more

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Booky posted:

SU's a real good show, and so is new she ra (haven't been able to watch the final season yet tho aaaa)!! :3:

also i just got to the end of part 1/beginning of part 2 in ff7 and wow, great glacier was a real pain! but aerith though... :negative:

when playing games i try to give things the ol college try before opening a guide but great glacier had me opening a gamefaqs tab in five minutes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kanfy posted:

A bunch of things but in this context 見切り is basically the concept of predicting an opponent's attack from things like their stance and movements in martial arts or other close combat.

ahh, my posting style

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Speaking of harems, this girl I’ve been chatting with asked me what games I’ve been playing, what’s the sexiest answer that could also be true?

halo 2: master chief collection

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
let those who knew how to spell odyssey without spellcheck before mario odyssey came out cast the first stone

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my little swimming chao can't even win the final beginner level swimming race ugh! why isn't there a chao garden mobile game, the grind is already built in

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

do the multiple use animal glitch

holy poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if i were rich enough, i would definitely pay someone to bake cookies and then pay someone else to bring them across town to my friend (who i am also paying to be there)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Except the racism that sounds like that owns

he's a shithead but he's by far the most interesting character in the game and has good support conversations with the people he's racist toward

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

I've been staring at the twitch voice chat hullabaloo in shock and awe. After twitch formed an advisory council, one of the members, ferociouslysteph, a white trans woman publicly and loudly stated that voice chat in games was noninclusive and privileged cis white men. On Twitch. You know, a place with a huge esports streaming scene with voice chat?

She received a ton of legit criticism as well as transphobic/mysoginistic attacks mixed in.
And I mean a TON of transphobia, which means that people who argue against her position with legit stuff like 'don't remove a feature because some people are shitheads, implement better and more effective moderation and community management' are being lumped together with all the transphobes by people defending her.
Its a complete and utter mess.

Then Twitch ambassador LizzaLaVida took her side and attacked dyslexic people who thought removing voice chat was noninclusive, getting enough of a backlash to private her account.
She is a actual twitch employee.
https://twitter.com/ThiagoDoge7_/status/1262066129469681668

What made it all even worse is that Twitch clips of ferociouslysteph publicly stating shes a deer otherkin and likes to go outside and eat grass started circulating.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1262170650988380161
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1262407060362342400

she's right

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i bought code vein on sale after liking the demo but haven't yet started it, there's too many dang games to play!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
play either of the non-persona 5s

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

please note outside of this thread/forum persona 5 is insanely highly regarded and is a standout in the genre and those other two are very generic and grindy

dq is only grindy if you're......

....bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

Quarantine has broken my brain in many ways, but perhaps most notably is that is making me "get" JRPGs. I have gone through FF7 and almost done with the remake.

What should I play next:

Dragon Quest XI: I love the art style and played the first four hours of the Switch demo when it came out and generally liked it. I think I can get far more down with the repetitive combat now that I appreciate it. I also watched this doc last night and feel inspired. Not feeling the music though.

Xenoblade Definitive Edition: I know nothing about this series other than people think the first one is incredible. It looks like a cool world to chill around in and I heard the combat is like an MMO but good? I also think it's really funny they got British voice actors for some reason

Persona 5: Had a Zoom call with a friend the other night who was raving about it. The darker main SMT aesthetic looks cooler to me but who knows.

dragon quest 11: a traditional high fantasy tale of a chosen one traveling across the land to defeat the demon lord. you will not find any twists here but you will find a very cozy vibe and extremely well named items and enemies

xenoblade: exploration is king, and the story is good enough to convince some people that the game isn't anime because they liked it so much. battle system is a little weird but fun enough

persona 5: a stirring tale of youth and rebellion helmed by conservative old men, the lead of whom sincerely doesn't believe that men and women can be "just friends" and isn't capable of making a game without some good old homophobia. the aesthetic is aces tho true

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
for the record, i don't like the persona battle system either

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

please ignore the discourse its an insanely this thread thing for some reason, its genuinely one of the highest rated JRPGs ever made and for good reason

clinging to ratings...smh

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
everyone post a list!

for real, do it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
rpgs!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

okay now rank them

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy "panel de pon is available on snesflix" day everybody

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I like it better with Yoshi's Island characters just IMO

that's understandable, kamek shouting hocus pocus and being able to understand the menus are big plusses. i love the fairy aesthetic and music though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

lmao if you havent learned the lingua franca of video games yet

i was never very good at learning new languages in school, so I've instead chosen to dedicate that time to playing more games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Harrow posted:

What games are you all thinking about today

I'm thinkin bout Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song and how good it is and how it ate like a full month of my free time in my sophomore year of college

panel de pon, advance wars, fire emblem gba rom hacks, final fantasy 7 remake (just finished it last night!)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've never played any of those

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

5G warnings though, watch out for those

this isn't a 5G thread, is it? my uncle warned me to stay away from those unless i wanna get sick :ohdear:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

How’s the new terraria stuff? Haven’t touched it in years

haven't played it yet but journey mode alone sounds incredible if you just wanna build, lots of world customization options down to controlling enemy spawn rates and biome spread, you start with some convenience equipment, and you can duplicate stuff

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

In honour of those who gave their today for our tomorrow

yeah i feel like this makes more sense

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hope the leaker is okay :ohdear:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wuggles posted:

If I could trade TLOU2 for a Skies of Arcadia port I would do it so fast

heck they can take the first one too

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

goals

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i finally made a bunch of headway in the outer wilds and oops now I'm having a hard time finding a stopping point

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

wuggles posted:

A Swedish retailer posted the listing and then pulled it

if i ever had control over online retail video game listings, I'd probably have fun with it too

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

man nurse posted:

It's fine if you aren't down with MK's finishers and all, but coming in here to be like "anyone who enjoys this game is probably a bad person!" is pretty lol

well i wasn't thinking that before but...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Highly bannable comments ITT

i tried to read the dai dq manga but even getting a few volumes in was such a slog, it lacked so much of the charm that makes the games work

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

It's my birthday, I'm 29 today.

The surgeon is finally gonna cut out my wisdom teeth today so that's pretty much all I'll be dealing with today. Months of waiting due to delays on their part, random bouts of agonizing pain, and finally it will all come to an end today. I'll finally be able to start recovering from the damage my wisdom teeth have done to my mouth.

happy tooth emancipation day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

High five birthday buddy! I'm turning 30 myself, my hands will soon not stand up to hug intensity games and I'll have to retire to jrpgs and vns.

happy soon-to-be hands emancipation day!