Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I completely forgot to add the gen chat thread to my bookmarks this month. Thought video game reading was a little quiet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Picturing Kirby sitting and smiling in the April chat thread, peaceful but wondering where everyone is

This is actually more accurate than you realise...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I still own my Mario CYOA books. I had tons of them as a kid and I would read them through again and again making different choices. I think this is why I replay video games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

VideoGames, can you confirm/deny whether Princess Peach Toadstool is, at this current moment in time, a centenarian?

I never got pipe down :( It was the book fair in my quaint little English hamlet so not much stock and I got Double Trouble, Doors to Doom, Koopa Capers and Dinosaur Dilemma. I always wanted to read pipe down because basketball is my favourite sport and princess toadstool doing bball was so cool to me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am the physical manifestation of this picture upon clicking play on this video:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

as far as i know charles foxtrot is very much still alive

I am very glad. Pouring one out (tea, as I do not drink alcohol) to all my fellow gameheads.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

VideoGames it seems very late to be drinking tea

I drink tea until the wee hours :haw:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love Lapsang Souchong, Lady Grey and Chai tea most of all. I mostly drink Lady Grey because bergamot is my favourite and adding lemon and orange to it is a wonderful thing! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
^^ It is and so is Lady Grey it just has lemon and orange too. It is a jazzed up Earl Grey. :D

I have never had american iced tea/lipton tea, which is weird as I did live in Nebraska for a few years and making it was one of my responsibilities at my job.

Rinkles posted:

Lady Grey is also a favorite of mine. I tend to rotate flavors, else the taste can become stale, but I drink 3-4 cups a day.

Heck yeah! In fact I am thinking about getting some now and continuing chapter 6 of FFVII remake :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I remember the first time I had to do this at work. I thought they were playing a prank on 'the english guy with his tea'.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

the only acceptable hot tea is just the thing in the uk thats called generically tea all named teas are a sign of being wealthy and i dont trust like that

pg tips, tetley, yorkshire, red label?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am not a wealthy man, but I do like to sample tons of teas :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

homeless snail posted:

guess what, tea is just hot leaf water

and what leaves! :swoon:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

while I hope rarity returns if she chooses not to then someone else will have to do the GotY thread

I have asked her about this and she has promised to teach me the special secrets to run it :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

I know you will do a good job but aren't you worried about become too powerful

Every time I fear my power increases I stop posting for a few days to allow it to leak away. This is why I take breaks.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love beans on toast. Sprinkled with jalapeño sauce and a bit of mozzarella. Mmmmm :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

Does changing your avatar get rid of gang tags?

If you do mess up then I can always restore them :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This is my penance for growing legs.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

was reporting added for non platinum users?

It was yes! A few minutes ago. 5 reports for non plat. 10 for plat and 12 for plat and no ads :)

Also my kirby art book is arriving today! :D Very excited!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
One hour away from this arriving:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Lady VG just found Julian on a deserted island in animal crossing and told me that apparently he is quite the desirable villager. She looks very happy about it so that is cool because she was bummed out that Octavian the octopus just moved out. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I prayed this day would never arrive...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Wait was that what I’ve been hailing this whole time?

Taxis

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

i'm blinx, the timesweeper, from the game blinx, the timesweeper

could you please pop over here, there is time all over the floor and the previous sweeper did a really poor job

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Myself, Lady VG, my bestie and his former roomate use Fantasy Grounds. We are currently in the middle of a Forgetten Realms campaign and a Traveller campaign. I have to say, for social distancing TTGaming it is actually awesome :D We have a lot of fun and rolling the dice virtually gives me a little kick!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

homeless snail posted:

I'm sorry, who are you?

THRILLING! Tales from the FUTURE!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

this thread's poll is starting to unnerve me, somewhat

HELLO

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

also that's a loving good avatar VG

Thank you :) Squizzle found a load of cool old 50s pulp covers and I asked if there was anything Kirby like. Struck gold! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am going to make a post on Mass Effect Andromeda.

When it came out, I got it as a birthday present from Lady VG. I had said before release that seeing some of the weird glitches and stuff in the reviews/previews did not bother me and make me think it was pretty campy. I played for a good few hours and reached EOS and then my PC at the time broke and I took a while to get a replacement. I pretty much played only PS4 and switch until last year when I ended up getting a brand new machine.

After hearing the rumours of a full mass effect trilogy remaster a week ago, it reminded me that I had never finished Andromeda and to be honest I had not been bothered by a lot of what people were saying at the time. So I reinstalled and began playing again (from the beginning) a few days ago.

I have just finished the part where you total recall EOS and I have to say that divorced from that expectation and anticipation as a follow up to Mass Effect that this game sits in a really weird position between good and fine.

It is really obvious that frostbite was either a poor engine choice or that the developers had no experience with it because the animations for normal things such as walking and running look weird. In fact Ryder and the characters seem to move more like FIFA players. The facial animations for all human characters are weird. Mouths move unnaturally and you are lucky if they sync up to the words. Eyelines also seem all over the place where often my Ryder is staring at people's foreheads when she talks to them.

There are numerous glitches too, like the weird heat haze around important characters who are standing ready for me to chat, or the times I see highlighted objects/people flicker in and out.

However none of this is a dealbreaker to me. I am not troubled and I forget about these things happening because I am enjoying everything else. Somehow the spirit of exploration, the feeling of a wide open universe that Mass Effect 1 brought is here in the game. I always felt ME2 (and ME3 by extension) closed the vastness of the potential story to such narrow bands that I have always held it against the game. Andromeda being this new unexplored place with these worlds that I get dropped onto with the Nomad (Mako surrogate) is recreating those feelings that ME1 stirred. I welcome it so much! It is no secret how much I loved Mako exploration in ME1 and again, the changes ME2 made to the series are the reason I hold it so much lower than 1 or 3.

Andromeda feels as though they took ME1 as the baseline and tried to do something from its skeleton. This is most definitely a thumbs up from me!

The music is subdued and I have yet to hear anything stand out like uncharted worlds or vigil or normandy. The combat alternates between clunky and smooth depending on the environment.

I know I am not that far in (only EOS main objective is done) so things could all unravel and shock me without warning at any time, but I am currently enjoying a B Movie style game in the Mass Effect theme and really, that is enough right now.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
25 hours in on Mass Effect andromeda and clearing out mining areas and nomadding around on ice planet Voeld.

I really am loving it. Still occasionally janky and glitchy in animations/movement but other things are elevating it. There has been some really, really great dialogue between people and well acted (ignoring tired faces). Female Ryder is great (no idea about male ryder) and something that makes the Tempest feel alive more than the Normandy ever did is that the crew just talks as you walk around the ship. They will be shouting to each other across the bays, or chatting in rooms and sometimes people will be on the comms joining in. Everyone talks to everyone else and so far I have not heard any duplication.

Also on missions when bombing around in the nomad there is a lot of talking and it really makes it feel more alive. I sincerely like that. I sincerely like this game :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Also

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I loved that game screen thing so much I decided to jazz up the rules thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916946
:D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Vtubers make me laugh and I would never forbid them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

this username duo always stresses me out

Would you say it rinkles you?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
We need a new thread!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003