Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'm wondering how infinite is gonna turn out. Haven't touched a Halo since 3, so i might jump in if it's doing something interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Uguutube surprisingly not a thing

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Sharp Nintendo Television

I saw this in a bunch of hotels as a kid, always had Mario 3 loaded up. The controller was also the tv remote.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Can't wait to finally unpack my wii u and dig into the Homebrew. Seems like you can put almost the whole library on the thing. I can finally try the ds games i missed

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

That Terrence Howard professor line is super good, especially if you are in the know about the new math he created. Did you know 1 x 1 is 2? Now you do, thanks Terry.

Please Google terryology, holy poo poo i forgot he named it that

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Goty candidate?

https://youtu.be/QepvIm_-NHQ

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

My only objection to vtubers is they're almost all gross anime girls created just for titillation. That dogtuber looks chill though.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Help me come up with the definitive list of “video game titles that are just the name of a profession of some kind”, so far all I have are Hitman and Thief

Wrecking crew
Ice climber

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Watching extraction, bleh movie, but Chris Hemsworth is pretty much big boss.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The problem with outer worlds was the scope of the writing, not the quality, which by most accounts was good to great and didn't get in the way of the game like destiny's 'the noun' problem.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

That's the thing, before Disco Elysium, even the 'best'writing in games was cribbed from something better or just fantasy blah blah you grow to deal. Obsidian is great at naturalistic dialogue but the scope of outer worlds, corporations are bad?, has them start in a well worn corner they just roll around in.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the binary moral choices were pretty laughable in their outcomes and consequences

I think this is the main issue. Compared to the games they're lauded for, kotor2 and alpha protocol, splashing around in a boring dystopia with few choices really hurts.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 6, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Andrast posted:

I don't think Disco Elysium has anything to do with The Outer Worlds' Bethesda tier writing

No that was more about the perspective of what game dialogue can be and how it can be used. Before Disco Elysium, our idea of dialogue systems was pretty limited to where alpha protocol had one of the best with it's time sensitive speech system, and i did like how Divinity os did group choices, never played 2 to see what it did. The best then was when an arc popped back up later on or you made a choice you thought was 'small' and it got you an extra ending or party member.

DE's use of schizophrenic voices is brilliant, where your stats determine which ones are the loudest, while also giving you a wide range of options to 'truly' role play outside of pre determined routes or types.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 6, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

You're not supposed to chug it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The only good thing about onions is that they get referenced in Shrek, that is to say there's nothing good about onions.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Coconut oil is s tier for cooking and sss tier for baking

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

i hate all things citrus

How else you gonna get rid of scurvy?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I can't use coconut oil because I can always taste it in the same way that other people are talking about olive oil

This is why it's the best, especially in baking, and especially in edible production

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

I feel like between the giant leak and the COVID outbreak this is probably gonna be Nintendo's worst year since before the Switch at least, possibly more. The impression that I"m getting from leaks and rumors is that Nintendo wasn't exactly built for everyone not working in the same place and a bunch of stuff is gonna be pushed back (like a lot of developers) and that we're not gonna get a whole lot of stuff from them this year. I think that Mario retrospective thing is assured and probably the 3D World port too but my normal response of "they're gonna be fine, they've always got stuff in the pipeline" isn't gonna fly.

What leak?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

What's the targeting computer efficiency percentage pertaining to?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

oddium posted:

you can press Y to bring up the targeting computer which puts an orange overlay over cockpit mode and highlight enemies in red and mission targets in yellow. 100% is never using it, 0% would be using it the whole time

What a dumb stat, perfect for star wars

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Man they worked really hard to make The Last Of Us 2 absolutely suck rear end

https://twitter.com/deathcab4booty/status/1258272469246283777?s=20

If you absolutely have to kill, this a real failure to say anything other than the devs are masochists. Just like the Trevor torture in gtav, there's nothing enlightening about forcing a player to do something awful and then trying to moralize it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Ended up spending the weekend cooking and cleaning for the mother in law. Since she has an ultra sweet tooth, i made her a 4 layer cake, vanilla and chocolate with marshmallow fluff and cushed m&m between the layers.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

postmodifier posted:

Noble checking in here, but this av is like 10 years old, taking legit suggestions for an upgrade, because you know, obviously

Same

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Just recorded the end of a snail rally

You'll never guess who won

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Does changing your avatar get rid of gang tags?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Thanks. Awful snipe.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Ghosts of Tushima expressly using botw game design has me seriously interested in trying it out. Love the idea of wind being used as the way point guide. Wish they did items like botw though.

Think i just want botw2

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 14, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Exploration looks neutered, even though they tried. Too much assassins creed rigid exactness, not enough free spirit. Watching the combat, it just looks like a Japanese Shadow of mordor, which took the hot open world (Batman and assassins creed) at the time and mashed it together. Now it's just botw added to that mix, but no one thinks to take more than little bits. It's all the bits that make botw the goat.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Until another game can make items an integrated part of the world and not a flashing stick in the forest, botw will remain the best.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just make Fortnite 2

They did

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

If tushima had an analog stick control style of play like mgs2 I'd be all over the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Rinkles posted:

miss this posted earlier. what were the botw design bits? i didn't watch the presentation.

I big part of Zelda's open world design is the landmark aspect. There's a video where some devs talk about how botws 360 vistas are innovative in how they draw the players in and how the game tricks you into thinking certain things are closer than they are. The got narrator also pretty much explained how Nintendo built the botw world, where every couple of months they would stop play the game and check to see why certain landmarks pulled and others didn't. It's why botw can feel dense and open at the same time, because they built the world based on player instincts and not their expectations of what a game world usually is.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 15, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

You missed out then. Some of the best things are out in the middle of nowhere. I still maintain the snowbird quest is the best environmental puzzle in any game currently.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I didn't care for the combat shrines, especially since I like exploring and using the shrines as breaks from the fighting. Nothing like going in and seeing it's gonna be the same fight you did like 20 times

Also climbing is the best part of the game, all of it, even when it rains

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 15, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Legit fell asleep running around the dark souls Odyssey level. Just not my type of game, bring on 3d world though, much better coop to keep me interested

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

sharrrk posted:

the ruined kingdom is like a single staircase big and then a boss fight. what were you doing

I was pushing through the game because i was hoping i could finish it, but it was literally boring me to sleep. Even the luncheon kingdoms had me yawning. Haven't picked it up since then.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Bob burnquist was the best non Tony pick until 3 when they brought Mullen and his manuals in. But gotta love Chad muska, just for the backpack swag.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Just need to be able to put Superman on repeat so i can relive that pizza hut demo disc vibe

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm not sure how this crossover happened, but it rules.

https://twitter.com/spiderslash/status/1261165431253020672

90s-early 2000 rock is the greatest character of our generation. I couldn't even see the text on his pictures but knew what his lines would be. loving greatness.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Greatest beat em up is die hard arcade. And it sucks that the emulation for it is awful, unless they fixed that recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I had just spent the last 3 years only playing 3rd strike, so sf4 will always be trash in my eyes.