Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

One of the Falwells runs Samaritan's Purse. They put up at tent hospital in Central Park a few weeks back. I assume so they could take the faithful money off the hands of covid victims to guide them into their kingdom in heaven, and drum up publicity for donations from their loyal band of idiot followers.

"Come on down to Samaritan's Purse tent hospital, where we'll pray the sickness away and treat you with our complimentary holy water, only $14.95 per bottle!"

The woman that lived in my apartment last was a contributor. I still get mail for her from Samaritan's Purse. She also didn't change her address on her registration, so I get her Denver tollway tickets with good sounding warnings on the envelope like, "vehicle registration blocked until this bill is paid." Clearly she can't pay those bills, Samaritan's Purse needs their tithe!

That's better than the letters from attorneys offices and court summons that I keep getting in my mail intended for the previous tenant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

He's just a giant computer nerd who made some good bets during the dot com boom, so now just because he has a bunch of money, people feel obligated to listen to him.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 5, 2020

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I'm having a hard time reconciling the idea that Green Berets are supposed to be the Top .01% of soldiers in the US Army with the fact that one of these Silvercorps clowns tried to invade Venezuela with an airsoft rifle.

My friend, let me tell you about the average intelligence level of your common soldier...

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nothing physical :pseudo:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

gently caress, I was just yesterday watching the Kennedy Center Honors for the Chuck Berry and he was one of the performers/presenters.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Gotta wonder how much of that debt could be eliminated if they gave that loan money to the debtors instead of the creditors.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

PookBear posted:

Afghanistan was hilarious for people watching, there was a one lane bridge that was maybe two car lengths and these two afghan drivers both decided to try and go across in opposite directions resulting in a loving traffic jam in the middle of loving nowhere. It turned into a huge ordeal just because neither one was willing to back up 10 feet and let the other guy pass first. It easily lasted half an hour.

You look me in the eye and tell me that you can't see that exact same scenario playing out literally anywhere on earth.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Probably dug by marines.

I'm amused by the idea of one of those homemade drug submarines full of strippers popping up next to a ship at sea because the Marines aboard ordered them.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Well, here's their explanation:

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1260672549349883906

I think this is a situation to reject the premise - the correct decision between google collecting everything and FISA-based warrantless searches of it is gently caress you and everything, stop collecting my poo poo.

I like how writing legislation that prevents Google from doing that is completely off the table.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

When you realize America gently caress yeah wasn't satirical

No, we saw the satire and a large chunk of the country said "actually, that looks great, let's do that."

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d buy a state. Like all of it. Kick everyone out except my landscaper, pool boy and house maid. Turn them into the senators and congresscritter.

I would buy all of Nebraska and turn it into a bison refuge.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

in this house

we DON'T quarter troops

Yeah, well in THIS house slavery and involuntary servitude are abolished!

Unless convicted of a crime, of course.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

That E9's uniform is approaching late stage dictatorship levels of flair.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Shouldn't there be a couple more teeth back there?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I have always thought 1st Cav's enormous unit patch, large enough that it breaks the uniform, was so stupid that you had to respect it. A giant horse for a bunch of helicopter idiots.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I see that word and all I think of is "Very expensive, Douglash".

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Between Joe telling people not to vote for him, and Donny trying to kill his constituency, it sure is one hell of a race to the bottom this year.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, this has always been a tactic to save money by screwing over troops. My last unit had people who were going to stay down at NTC for more than 90 days, which would have given them a bunch of money and benefits, so the unit would send them back to home station for 24 hours on day 89. Wouldn't let them see their families, they had to stay on base because "opsec" for a normal training rotation.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

They want to know up front if it is a story they should believe 100% or not at all.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

Baby Back Bitch Trump won't unveil Obama's portrait at the White House.

Passing up a prime opportunity to be a petty little poo poo to Obama's face.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

BigDave posted:

Crosspost from the Weather thread:

That's a lot of water flowing over that earthen dam. That whole structure is going to be gone soon, and that's the upper dam. If the Lowry dam doesn't hold, that's a loving LOT of water coming downstream.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

Even better then, I guess they can just have judges quit by choice a week or a few before elections and then always allow 2-year gubernatorial appointments.

There are problems with electing judges, but deliberately gaming the system to only allow judges from the party other than the governor to face election is a bad precedent.

If I understood an article I read correctly, in mid November the old Justice said that he would quit at the end of December. Their constitution has justices appointments based around the calendar year, so because he quit right before January first, it didn't automatically go to an election. Also, the Justice has to sit for at least six months, so if the governor appointed Justice takes his seat on June 1st, then based on their not real Supreme Court decision, because all of the actual justices reused themselves, the next time they will be legally allowed to vote for a Justice is 2022.

At least, that's my understanding of it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

If Pelosi really wanted to say something that doesn't make her sound like a loving child, she'd tell Donny to suck her dick on live television.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I bet that a big one is going to happen within days of the Feds saying "everything is cool!" and then it's going to be a be the media fighting between their love of bloody coverage, and them trying to make people unafraid of going outside again. I think a lot of people have memory holed the constant mass shooting stuff in America, because we collectively have the memory of goldfish and the past few months have been too emotionally taxing to people. Meanwhile, the lonely weirdos who do this poo poo have just been waiting for people to congregate again.

I'm not looking forward to when kids go back to school.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1263890820291231744?s=19

This is classic Trump. He wants to be running a unitary government but doesn't want any of the risk or downside and then blames governors

Fine, loving whatever. One problem solving another problem by creating a third problem.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Shopify just announced on Wednesday or something that they are permanently keeping everyone remote.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

That last one, yeesh. "I have private things to shop for"? What do you do when you get to the checkout?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

This is his best tweet, hands down.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

"America is the greatest" says the man in the third photo, sitting in a Japanese car pointing an Italian handgun at his penis.

And I guarantee he claims he's Irish or Italian American, even though nobody in his family has been to the home country in 4 generations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm a page back, but I wanted to reply to this specifically. Musk isn't funding his satellite mesh network. He was trying to get the feds to fund it under a rural broadband provision, but the government said "yeah your latency estimates are complete poo poo" and denied it.

What's up with those satellites they put up that were too reflective and were ruining the sky for astronomers?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's basically our only extant federal jobs program.

Imagine a federal job with all the perks of the military, but without the threat to life and limb and having to be willing to kill people.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Does this make the Tesla not want to drive forward or something?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Fallom posted:

There was some recent fancy-looking BMW that had a bizarre way to manually open the doors that I would never be able to figure out for the first time in an emergency

I'm guessing it was the i8. Behind you and there's a secondary step!

The first time is rode in a Tesla, the owner freaked out when I used the manual release because apparently using it can damage the door. Brilliant.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Man, if the GOP gets washed so hard that South Carolina elects a Democrat as senator, then we all get to say that Bernie would have won again because at that point the candidate wouldn't have mattered.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

On the topic of people looting during a riot, I'm perfectly fine with that. People who are financially secure don't go looting during a riot.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hell I don't even disagree.

I just can't enjoy the sight of a city burning.

Depends on the city. I don't know anyone who isn't related to a Wahlberg somehow that would shed a tear if Boston was razed.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Maximum chaos? Another 8.2 from the New Madrid. That would cripple the central United States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I know the answer to both questions!

It's capital.