Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

brains posted:

maybe, since in the last 100 years society has moved from describing lynchings as commonplace to a reviled, heinous act, we should recognize there is a lower baseline of unacceptable conduct now? like armed mobs with not-subtle LEO endorsement hunting down black people? to me, that sure seems like the absolute worst thing happening nowadays. yes, lynching is horrific, but (thank loving god) it doesn't happen on the scale it did. a single lynching today would be national news; a 100 years ago, it was a nightly occurrence all over america.

we should be condemning and prosecuting this poo poo in the strongest terms, because the reasoning "oh it's not lynching, that was even worse" ignores the progress already made. there was a huge effort to stop racist fucks from lynching blacks all the loving time, and really the pressure needs to keep going up. racist armed vigilante mobs aren't lynching, but it sure as gently caress is the gateway drug to that poo poo coming back, so it needs to be absolutely crushed.

Up thread there was a video of a jogger who got shot by a crew of whities in a couple truck. It was recorded two months ago, but the footage just got released last week through court order. It is one of the few forms of protected speech in America, sick lynchin vids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
LAN LA thread is the best part of living in LA.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I was invited to a hiring event held at the LAX Marriott for idunno grift jobs. I go back and forth on whether I should have gone. Post fall thank gently caress I thought it was the next week. Seeing that anime sword tho...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'll accept Duckworth protection. I will ALWAYS type Suck My Dick From the Back when pelosi pops up

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

What's to stop people from just renting PO boxes in the Bay Area and setting it up for forwarding? The gently caress is Zuck gonna do, demand copies of leases?

"Hello employee, your company issued cell phone has not been geolocated at your address of record for the past 72 hours? Should we call emergency services for a possible kidnapping or send you a resignation template for defrauding and embezzling company funds?"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'm the marginal benefit of producing one more F-35 rather than supporting social programs

It is easier to believe in that when you see F-35s. When it is a real hunk of metal 5 maintainers are tightening screws on. It is easier to believe this when a social program isn't 'for you' because of byzintine form processing that is far less user friendly than CAMS. gently caress I believed it back when I was in.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I just want to remind everybody: Biden shidded his pants.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ded posted:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/black-lives-matter-protestors-march-through-downtown-l-a/

Text

Black Lives Matter protestors took to the streets of downtown Los Angeles Wednesday in a demonstration in the name of George Floyd, a black man who died after being pinned beneath a Minneapolis police officer’s knee.

A large group got onto the 101 Freeway around 6 p.m., blocking traffic during rush hour as Los Angeles Police Department officers and Los Angeles Fire Department units responded.

Many were seen wearing face masks and holding signs as they participated

The group had also planned to demonstrate in front of L.A. District Attorney’s Jackie Lacey’s office at 4 p.m. to protest in the name of those who died in L.A. police custody.

The Los Angeles Police Department said it’s responding to the protest, which apparently drew more than 200 hundred people.

No further details were immediately available.

Text

edit : :lol: it really says 200 hundred people

Edit: gently caress trying to copy paste for LA thread

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Los Angeles rn

https://twitter.com/NBCLA/status/12...ingawful.com%2F

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
What no. LA feed has been very peaceful. I haven't kept up with narrative because I have to watch a police scanner man on twitch doing dabs right before the paddy wagon. Cops are scared, they sound stressed on their radio.

Miniapolis does look hella thunderdome. The chainsaw pic floating around is from the FD, not a mad max cosplayer. Yes the Autozone is burnt. People in LA are like... there are 2/3 intersections down town where folks have laid down in the middle of the intersection.

Which is hella ballsy because police just ran over a bunch of folks when this poo poo kicked off at 6/7:00pm. Like that dude does not look alive, real heather hyre poo poo.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've been staring at parascopes of miniapolis being on fire for the past 3 hours. No one has come to put water in them.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In the 92 LA Riots nobody came to put water on the fire. They decided to let it burn.

It keeps happening.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
There's like 7 different angles I saw of a burning apartment building. I know proceedure is to wait for the scene to be secure, but that poo poo was secure for FD. When you are a city and a building is on fire you HAVE TO put water on the fire. It is a requirement for civilization. It is not a priviliage, it's not a resource, it is what a city has to do whether it starts from a ciggarrette, an electric blanket, or god damned godzilla. You don't just let it burn.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Does anyone have any info on what specific measures were in place at this Target that were its testing ground for surveillance and loss prevention? I googled earlier but couldn’t find much.

Mostly conjecture due to the close proximity to Target HQ. Also folks in that Target were stripping embedded electronics out the wall.

Saw a few periscopes of folks walking in post-loot. Had higher end modular shelving typical of retail prototyping locations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
New rules being discussed in CSPAM about mods laying down a basic doxing definition and seeking feedback. Then the mod linked the Federal Department of QCS announcement.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Squad car #181 in the replies.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bulletsponge13 posted:

While I totally think it was a cop or assorted rear end in a top hat who kicked it off, I'll wait for better confirmation.

Dude, you think they are going to put that on the blotter? In the reality where it is true (like this one) hypothetically who would break and confirm this story?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
1:18:00 is around where the fires start cooking the bullets in the armory. Also lol their snacko was lame and sad and left behind.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Never been so proud of SLC. Here's a roshomon of events, bunch of different angles.

Direct confrontation:

https://twitter.com/Gingersonfire/status/1266884385854255104?s=20

Scared white girl cam:
https://twitter.com/Gingersonfire/status/1266954263558680577?s=20

Beatdown Cam:
https://twitter.com/beawillsss/status/1266902945653719042?s=20

His ESPN post game report:
https://twitter.com/MsDBZbabe/status/1266904275785056262?s=20

Dude is not in custody, he was allowed to wander off.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bored As gently caress posted:

Us millenials are hosed, the zoomers are probably even worse off.

Things'll be better for them if we make it better for them. Maybe we can be the ones to break the cycle?

lol they never got enough of us into the grift to maintain the grift generationaly.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dudes in LA were pulling off Ocean 11 type heists. Coordinated Uhuals, a targeted list of mj dispensaries, and the towtruck impounding cars got jacked. So many packs of sports cars living their Fast2020 dream.

I know one got his back broke tho, rip to a real one.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I screenshotted the scribd cuz I'm too spooked to put my email in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Waroduce posted:

i wonder what the ROE's are for the SS (lol) and the rest of the security detail if the protesters somehow break the WH

Oh if you step one foot on that lawn they light you up like a joint.

SMOOOOOOOOOOOKE