Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I don't know what the post-80s layout of Black Panther groups looks like, or if there's a Huey P. Newton style Black Panther Party out there, but hopefully there is and they gain traction. The NBPP apparently ignored Dr. Newton's memo about renouncing black nationalism (in 1968) and tilted full-on into antisemitism. :(

I'm glad there are folks standing up against white power operator cosplay though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That Works posted:

I didn't expect to see Zeta Gundam memes in here but I agree.

I had to double-check what thread I was in.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The uncontacted tribes in the jungles of the southern hemisphere are going to outlive all of modern civilization handily and won't even notice.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

stealie72 posted:

I can't be the only one that wakes up at 3AM and looks at the number of new posts to make sure the world is still ok-ish before rolling over and going back to sleep, right?

The number of new posts in this thread overnight is like a more accurate, inverse doomsday clock. The more posts there are while I'm asleep, the more convinced I am that the world is about to end when I wake up.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MrMojok posted:

supposedly at some point recently the Trump Admin was discussing resumption of nuke testing

So, are we starting a betting pool for date and yield?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Porfiriato posted:

Hi yes hello we heard your complaints that 2020 wasn't exciting enough and that is why we are now for a limited time only offering

***India-China armed border skirmishes***

https://twitter.com/clary_co/status/1264126794850078720?s=21

The linked article posted:

This is not shaping up like a routing patrol confrontation, or even a temporary occupation of disputed territory of the kind that took place in Depsang in 2013, or in Chumar in 2014. This time the PLA soldiers are digging defences, preparing bunkers, moving in heavy vehicles and have reportedly even moved artillery guns to the rear (albeit in their own territory) to support the intruders, say the sources.

It doesn't say whether or not they're building bunkers and deploying artillery on their side of the line or inside India's territory, but, uh... either way, yikes.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1264371582648098819

How many of the horsemen are we at right now?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scope posted:

One of my secret worries is, we live in ABQ right now and if nukes go flying I’m guaranteed a close to instant death. KAFB is one of if not the largest storage sites of nukes in the US. My wife wants to move us East of the Sandia mountains and I’m afraid that a nuclear strike might not kill us instantly.

I'm far enough from any US military bases and just far enough outside of the blast radius of whatever's likely to hit Vancouver that I'm guaranteed to *not* be turned into a carbon shadow (you'd need to smack central Vancouver with a full-yield Tsar Bomba, and then I'd still "survive" with some third degree burns if a house didn't fall on me), and I think I'd honestly rather not suffer a couple weeks of my lungs turning into radioactive sludge and/or me dying of a skin infection.

I don't know if I should head as far east as possible if the alarms sound or drive towards the point of impact.

e: Man, it's been a while since I've opened up Nukemap.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 25, 2020

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

"America is the greatest" says the man in the third photo, sitting in a Japanese car pointing an Italian handgun at his penis.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

May 27, 2020 was the day the revolution started.

Holy poo poo.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Did trump genuinely just say that the NG will start shooting?

Not directly, but the militia chuds will probably start pointing guns at protesters.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Oh he is gonna be MAD about that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bored As gently caress posted:

What are the chances those rifles are loaded? Those can't seriously be loaded with live rounds, right?

The National Guard is a military reserve force. What do you think they're loaded with, paint rounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ded posted:

So is it time to stock up on protest gear?

ideally yeah, some of that stuff is going to be a pain to get what with the rona eating up all the supplies of really good masks and such

most of the other protective gear would be easier to get though and an actually decent backpack isn't that expensive anymore. something that could carry 30-40 pounds of gear comfortably is enough