Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Brute Squad posted:

Meltdown May is cancelled, as Meltdown March never ended. But there is still powerful posting to be seen in the wild.

https://twitter.com/SamAdlerBell/status/1255898357119287298

In better news, OSHA & Dangerous Chemistry thread favorite Derek Lowe has shifted his focus to covering the Covid-19 pandemic. He's a PhD in Organic Chemistry who's spent the past few decades doing pharmaceutical research and development, and blogging about chemicals he never wants to work with. All his articles can be found here, and are an excellent source of info for the pharm side of the pandemic.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/

Covid-19 is all he's been posting about for the past month or 2, and they're all good. If you're looking for a laugh, scroll down and check out the "Things I Won't Work With" tag for good chemistry stories.

That's at least 3.6 roentgen of posting right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Plandemic already has infected the timeline of literally everyone I know under 30, good call on this new and highly virulent flavor of stupid being laser targeted at zoomers and wine moms

This poo poo started showing up on YouTube and other poo poo for me, what the gently caress is going on with people? loving hell I'm gonna have to deal with idiots coworkers over this won't I?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The liquid chocolate fountain brings in all walks of life and their children. It whispers to people from the commercials, "gorge yourself upon my bounty of watered down cocoa and bacteria spread within by the toddlers of my followers."

The siren song of Papa Nurgle

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Havok73/status/1259951887547170816?s=20

This is an interesting take from the responses to that bookstore getting robbed.

"Well since they didn't call the cops and threaten retribution for the theft, they've opened themselves up to every criminal in the area who wants to crime because now they know they will suffer no repercussions"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So just an excuse for generals to jerk each other off?

basically yeah

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Foglesong got one lol

E: he definitely wrote his own entry in wikipedia

:jerkbag: posted:

Foglesong attained the rank of four-star general in the United States Air Force 5 November 2001, retiring 1 February 2006 from active duty after 33 years of service. His last post was as Commander of U.S. Air Forces in Europe and of Allied Air Component Command Ramstein where the service's enlisted corps honored him with the Order of the Sword.[5] General Foglesong commanded six times during his Air Force service including flying and maintenance units, a Numbered Air Force, and a Major Command. During his final command, General Foglesong continued his established model of using multiple "Combat" programs throughout his command to focus on military discipline and service standards including facilities maintenance, physical readiness, and leadership and mentoring. Some Airmen chaffed under these "Combat" Programs while others saw merit and value in the renewed emphasis on pride, espirit, and mission. Shortly after his retirement, his successor led an effort to reshape these programs begun under Foglesong, dropping two programs and delegating responsibility for 10 of the programs to base and wing commanders.

E2: lmao he continued to gently caress poo poo up after leaving the AF

quote:

Foglesong was President of Mississippi State University from 2006 to 31 March 2008. Foglesong was the second retired general to hold the office of president at the university; Confederate lieutenant general Stephen D. Lee was the first. Foglesong tackled a number of competing internal and external agendas that he saw as undermining the school's purpose of delivering a quality education to its students.[7] Under pressure from politicians, students and faculty,[8] he resigned in March 2008. During his tenure enrollment rose 6% from 16,206 [9] to 17,127 in 2008.[10] He also oversaw a significant change to the school's facilitites and grounds involving removal of longstanding traditional landscaping[11] including removal of daffodil bulbs which had been on the campus for decades.[12] Much of this landscaping was seen as destructive and shortsighted in nature by students and faculty.[13] Foglesong founded a scholarship program in West Virginia called the Appalachian Leadership and Educational Foundation in 2006. He helped to establish the Appalachian Leadership Honors Program at Mississippi State, which now goes by the name Montgomery Leadership Program in honor of former congressman Sonny Montgomery in 2006.[14][15] He has also served as a director of now defunct Massey Energy, a major coal company which closed after flagrant safety violations during his tenure.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 15, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BigDave posted:

Is it a Final Fantasy thing? I don't understand the symbolism of a gigantic sword.

(it's a euphemism for a big penis)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dongbags

RIP to a real one

:patriot:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3HTrz3bXAM

Hey CRUSTY MINGE I think i found your sasquatch

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

go ahead and post gip.xls

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Oh that’s awesome! Is that also the first manned SpaceX flight?

Yes

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

We kind of blew up one of the tests a few months back. I'm a bit uneasy at the pace we've shoved this through, frankly.

It was a static fire of an already used capsule. They did fix what went wrong with that but they also said they will not reuse manned capsules for crew on the off chance that salt water fucks something up and it gets missed. Salt water is really nasty and while SpaceX initially planned to land Crew Dragon on land via its rocket system and parachutes to allow them to be able to reuse the capsules, NASA said no we want them to land in water, which means the capsules cannot be reused for manned missions.

E: their fix was replacing the valves that caused the issue by leaking oxidizer with burst disks so that nothing can accidentally leak past, but this also makes the crew dragons a lot more likely to be one use vehicles because once the disks are popped by the system being used, there's not really a way to reuse the system or shut off the flow.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 24, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Drop it in the great lakes.

The ocean is a lot bigger target.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah that's probably gonna bite the Artemis stuff in the rear end, but the thing this week shouldn't have anything to do with that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bloops posted:

That’s disgusting.

Less disgusting than the president playing golf on memorial day. Then again he likes heroes who didn't die.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/election-voter-fraud-absentee-ballot-west-virginia/index.html

"I was just joking trying to commit voter fraud by changing democratic ballot requests for republican, I was just joking bro"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

There's another clip of her bawling and boo-hoo-ing afterwards, it is 110% bullshit playing to the crowd. Highlights include "I was peacefully protesting (with a knife)"

Right wing twitter is full of people lionizing the brave lady in the wheelchair defending herself from murderous looters lol