Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

A+ thread title btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

This has gone on long enough that it sounds like he's just holding on to it and yelling because he can and noone is going to say anything to him about it.

Also, this typically means there is deeper grift he's trying to distract from.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

BigDave posted:

Astronaut twins would be the least plausible part of a space horror movie.

*checks notes* Yep, checks out.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Who the gently caress is running these C-RAM’s anyway? Are they run by contractors? Or do we take navy folks who know how to maintain CIWS or whatever and make them do it in land locked Afghanistan for 6-12 months?

I’m all but 100% certain it ain’t the USAF or USMC running those guns, so my best guess is Navy folks under Army opcon or contractor/civilians. Or Army owning them and having the folks for it, but something tells me the Army isn’t putting joe on that. Just a hunch, could be wrong.

Anyone know?

Navy under Army opcon is correct. I was in 2005-2011 and typically one, sometimes two people were detached from our division for Iraq/Afghanistan tours. We did not receive replacement manpower. If you made it to shore duty you were almost guaranteed either Great Lakes or Afghanistan.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

We were always at war with Eastasia or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

COB, please, I was trying to explain to Sea MAN Beaumont here the intricacies of modern SONAR.