Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's going to be turned into a right wing media talking point though. "We opened everything up and if it weren't for those perfidious liberals it would all be fixed. This is their fault, they hate our freedoms." Democrats, being absolute dog poo poo at messaging and not having a propaganda empire behind them, will end up arguing over technical details to 'prove' it's really the fault of this complicated reality thing and get nowhere against it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
gently caress them and their raging hypocrisy. They did exactly that for everything and anything up to and including "Obama's response to Hurricane Katrina", now Donald and crew are stealing PPE from states they don't like and we're supposed to rally around their flag?

You first ya slimy poo poo heads.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well give them credit, that's a pretty mask-off statement. "I'm OK with you dying so I can get my nails done."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

But the alternative is to admit it's an american problem and the rest of the country doesn't seem ready to admit that yet

It's absolutely not just a southern problem.

Born and raised in Pennsylvania. The running joke that's not really a joke is "Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Pennsyltucky in between." Ya know all those think pieces about absolutely run-down, decaying, poo poo hole towns that were left over from industrial revolution days and have absolutely no reason to exist anymore? One of those towns is where my family comes from and until you live there no description will do it justice. They're just so jaw-droppingly ignorant they don't even see themselves as racist. They're just "telling it like it is" about all the non-white people they see when it's time to make a shopping trip in to the 'big city' but that have never been in their sundown town.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
When the choices are "which senile white rapist do you want?" then I'll take it as a ray of sunshine that Duckworth might get VP. Not my personal favorite for the slot but I'll take it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Everything is so god drat stupid.

Ya know what, I hope the obese old guy is taking it. Do it Donnie. Take the medication that is contraindicated by risks of heart disease. You won't do it, no balls.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Where's Giuliani been lately? Haven't seen his horse-teeth'd face vomiting dementia into the air waves in a while.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Immanentized posted:

"I tested very positively today in a negative sense"
-Donald Trump May 5th, 2020

Just floors me that people can listen to his mush brains verbal diarrhea and be impressed. Him saying "we're testing and we're testing strongly" gave me a serious crack-ping moment a while back because I spent the next ten minutes trying to get into the mind of him and his idiots to figure out how you test strongly, and conversely how anyone not Strong Daddy would have obviously tested weakly because they're not him. What is a strong test? What is a weak test? How does an incompetent, grifting buffoon who does nothing but watch Fox and tweet all day do a strong test when he never does anything and why would any one ever do a weak test?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

God I can't wait for the debates

I'm seriously torn on trying to anticipate whether it's going to be two geriatric dementia patients flinging insults and dentures at each other or one/both of them just refuse to do debates.

This being 2020 I will be wrong and the universe will manage to outdo my expectations of stupidity, leaving me yet again shocked at how stupid everything is.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah Andy Ngo was sharing this earlier trying to paint it as "look at this helpless elderly woman being attacked by ANTIFA!"

gently caress her.

There's another clip of her bawling and boo-hoo-ing afterwards, it is 110% bullshit playing to the crowd. Highlights include "I was peacefully protesting (with a knife)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Antifa is closer to neighborhood watch than anything else, and it's probably even more loosely organized than that. If there was one "thing" to point to as a single structure it would be stuff like leaflets of protesting tips and tricks that get passed around to educate people. Outside of that the entire organizational structure is "Jimmy on tenth street says Nazi shits are trashing the place, we gotta gently caress 'em up that's our neighborhood."

Why the powers that be would want a domestic forever war against a nebulous concept that can not be identified and never be defeated while linking it to any and all forms of political opposition in the name of "national security" I leave up to each individual's discretion.