Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Woofer posted:

I’m admittedly stupid and didn’t know what work sets you free was referencing so I’m here to say the history curriculum in this country sucks

I went to school in rural Georgia (in a town of less than a thousand) and we covered it.

I will say I was extra lucky in high school to have a history teacher who gave a poo poo and to this day wants students to learn actual history and not redneck "states rights" history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Lake of Methane posted:

FAKE NEWS from Joe Kassabian (@jkass99)

AP says the original sign said "Free small business!"
https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8845710091

"pics or it didn't happen"

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I mean, over the last 40 years or so it's kind of assumed there are people with guns being paid by the US running around everywhere in Latin America, isn't it? If it turned out the CIA and DEA weren't paying contractors in Venezuela that would be more surprising.

Yeah but these dickheads were getting paid by the heir to the Kraft family fortune (of cheese fame). Or apparently not really getting fully paid, like a bunch of chumps.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Oh my God imagine if it came out this was a direct order from Donnie Dipshit

It being Hellworld means he wouldn't get in trouble, but still

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

Both the going through with it after being exposed and the "having an absurd $200M contract from Juan Guaido" have me definitely suspecting that this was actually just Maduro hiring inept morons to give him the reason to execute a bunch of dissidents.

Except for that Bellingcat article, yeah

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

So was this brought up at all recently?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...JD3pYDPdE90NoJ4

TLDR: Back in February black guy goes for a run, gets shot and killed by two racist shitheads. It's caught on tape (that was released yesterday). No charges have been filed.

On the upside, the current DA who has the case is pursuing charges so they may not get away with it completely.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Xakura posted:

Nah, this is nonsense. Other nations SF don't look like americans, and it's not due to a lack of access to gyms(!?) or carrying less gear.

American soldiers just really, really like steroids.

They also really like to ride all the way to the objective, look at that recent seal fuckup where they helidropped the team on top of an enemy bunker.

Who are you and what is your experience with SOF teams?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Guys, BoJo lived, this is Hellworld, don't get optimistic.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

SHUT UP THERE'S STILL A CHANCE

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1258433129905340416?s=19

(this system is what Donnie uses and is hot garbo if the sensitivity is only 85%)

What this tells me is there's a 15% chance Dipshit already had it and he's an asymptomatic carrier.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

Plandemic already has infected the timeline of literally everyone I know under 30, good call on this new and highly virulent flavor of stupid being laser targeted at zoomers and wine moms

It's the new Loose Change. Also saw an old chief of mine bitching about how people who got out need to reread their oaths because they are still liable for all their "anti-POTUS anti-AMERICA, acting like they're using their freedom of speech" comments. I bet I could go back a few years and find a lot of comments from him bad mouthing Obama but whatever, I'm not touching the poop.

I did come close though when I preemptively told someone in person about "this dumb poo poo video going around about a discredited scientist who falsified test results and was arrested for stealing from her employer claiming Dr Fauci was behind a grand conspiracy."

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

What is he even talking about

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

MRC48B posted:

Hes probably having a tantrum because Barry O weighed in on his poo poo pandemic response.

Oh I must have missed that part

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Leonard likes this post!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

PeterCat posted:

Getting called a coward for staying inside. Again, having deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq, I'm comfortably with the concept of limiting my movements to a very small area. It's maddening to me that the American people are melting down at the thought of having to make the slightest sacrifice to help the greater good.

(editor's note: apparently "Tomi" is okay with caging sick people just like she's okay with caging asylum seekers and anyone darker than "solid white")

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Game plan is just lie to the public until it becomes the truth, SOP for the GOP.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I hope he enjoys some lingering debilitation and is one of the first to find out that the disease *doesn't* give you immunity.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Weird

Probably will take an act of congress, but an act of congress might actually occur for this one.

Are you kidding, this administration and a good 40% of its supporters would throw them a parade

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/1260630867195629570?s=19

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Am I high or Feinstein... good?

She voted to allow warrantless browser history surveillance so... No.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Woofer posted:

Coronavirus is gonna make Bezos a trillionaire.

Dude could solve half our problems with the stroke of a pen probably.

I think the thing that aggravates me the most about people, more than their unreasonable constant sucking off of Trump no matter what kind of horrible poo poo he does, is how people will see Bezos becoming even more unfathomably wealthy during a pandemic and STILL don’t see an issue with capitalism.

I do not see the point of having more money than you could ever possibly spend if you actively tried. How many people's lives could you make better but you're worried about your loving high score?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

GoGoGadget posted:

Whistleblower Dr. Rick Bright is testifying before Congress about America's horrible response to Covid-19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5FHRElONJc

But you see, Kevin Sorbo says only the coward states aren't open because Donald Trump (personally) got us all the PPE and testing kits that we need!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

That E9's uniform is approaching late stage dictatorship levels of flair.

Standard for AF SNCO

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1261829390951788544?s=20

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Who the gently caress is running these C-RAM’s anyway? Are they run by contractors? Or do we take navy folks who know how to maintain CIWS or whatever and make them do it in land locked Afghanistan for 6-12 months?

I’m all but 100% certain it ain’t the USAF or USMC running those guns, so my best guess is Navy folks under Army opcon or contractor/civilians. Or Army owning them and having the folks for it, but something tells me the Army isn’t putting joe on that. Just a hunch, could be wrong.

Anyone know?

Army ran them from what I understood on all my deployments

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

The president already believes it but Jesus christ it blows my mind that the death Cult is literally electing fringe as gently caress conspiracy theorists. Also that the "fringe" conspiracy theory started by 4chan or whatever is now infecting actual DC level politics.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Best Friends posted:

I work for a company that already does work from home + scaling income to where you were hired. What happens for people who stick around is they get hired in high income areas then eventually move to low income areas and never get a raise again but they still live like kings. But, and it's a big but - no one gets their pay outright cut due to a move. That's Facebook being really special to its own. Given the sort of moral behavior that company encourages this is inevitably going to lead to massive fraud and then massive surveillance to combat the fraud.

Basically this. Pay them what they're hired at, you can pay new people commensurate with the location they're hired from.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

PookBear posted:

he's a mormon in the airforce of course he has friends

Gold Bond guy, not IYAAYAS

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

PookBear posted:

that's who I'm talking about Gold Bond guy graduated from Brigham Young

I did not know that but I'm not surprised

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I have not seen that anime but I remember a high school friend showing me some hentai in which the women were literally ripped in half down the middle by giant monsters and that was when I realized hentai was not for me.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Thwomp posted:

There’s a chance two US astronauts go to space today.

Conversely, there's a chance you young pups get another shot at having your own Challenger moment.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

BigDave posted:

Uh hey so a police precinct is getting assaulted by people.

https://twitter.com/kscullinfox9/status/1265779483530887168

Do we still consider them to be protesters, or are they now rioters?

gently caress em, they deserve a godamn riot.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Bored As gently caress posted:

Does anyone have a news article about it?

Chances of a felony stop procedure like that playing out because of just a stop sign is laughable. It may very well have happened, but around here you only do it for someone who has led you on a chase, or they have a warrant and/or it's confirmed they're armed.

It very well could be some poo poo podunk PD doing it on a whim. Don't know the full story.

Bottom line though whoever knocked over grandma needs to be fired.

It's Texas. It was because he was black.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Immanentized posted:

Anyone else notice that Trump retweeted a video from "Real Cowboys" this morning that explicitly said "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265855459719892993?s=20

Oh, good. That's super cool and doesn't cause any problems at all.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

"who knelt on George Floyd's neck"

Get the gently caress out of here he straight up murdered the man, christ

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

I mean rolling a stop sign can carry the death penalty so why not that?

Did I miss where GH sided with the cops or something? Why are you jumping down his throat for wanting proof of something that could be loving nuclear level news?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

The St. Paul Police Department responded to this whole thing:

https://twitter.com/sppdmn/status/1266202226386747392

https://twitter.com/sppdmn/status/1266202227674361857

I'm inclined to believe them, as I don't think St. Paul PD has anywhere near as much of a racist past as the Minneapolis PD.

I mean the mayor of St Paul told them not to help the MPD so it sounds like there's a bit of a "you made your bed now lie in it" thing going on

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

UM said that they are no longer hiring MPD for helping with events so the entire SPPD probably has looney toons overtime dollar sign eyeballs at the moment and don't want to gently caress that up.

There was that but there was something else that higher government people told SPPD to stay out of it. Can't find it now though.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

MRC48B posted:

Better a brony than a fascist bootlicker.

But he's both

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

Our people are buying it too. I'm getting texts from family to warm me of a fake rear end post threatening to loot my side of town.

I'm now hearing all the pickups and bikes blasting around.

I'm trying to pretend that tomorrow just trash day, make sure to put the cans out tonight.

If it makes you feel better, northtown where I live is super calm. Even fewer dipshits driving their desert bikes at full speed or rat rods through the neighborhoods than during the lockdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Holy poo poo