Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Gonna have to see some tongue....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Gonna have to see some tongue....
Gif, but no tongue.
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1257130545080700928?s=19

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/danfavale/status/1257319153305653248?s=20

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/chomicide/status/1257167556718112768?s=21

This is dumb and probably won’t happen but there’s nothing else to talk about

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Carlosologist posted:

How does trading Lowry to the Sixers result in the Raptors moving up 20+ spots in the draft?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How does trading Lowry to the Sixers result in the Raptors moving up 20+ spots in the draft?

It’s multi team! And includes “co[mpany]”! It’s definitely not intentionally vague bullshit!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Carlosologist posted:

Homicide is quite the nickname for a reporter.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Apparently they’re saying that Simmons goes to GSW once his extension kicks in

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Carlosologist posted:

Who is "they"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

It’s multi team! And includes “co[mpany]”! It’s definitely not intentionally vague bullshit!

isn't every trade a multi-team trade

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

morestuff posted:

Who is "they"

monkeu

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You could probably build something around Wiggins to Toronto, Lowry to Philly, Horford to GSW with Philly and Toronto throwing a bunch of young players and picks to the Warriors but Masai is too smart for that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Toronto got better when they dumped Jeff Bezos DeMar DeRozan why would they get Elizabeth Holmes DeMar DeRozan

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Toronto got better when they dumped Jeff Bezos DeMar DeRozan why would they get Elizabeth Holmes DeMar DeRozan

Wiggins is from Canada!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1257130650840137729

true legend

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

morestuff posted:

You could probably build something around Wiggins to Toronto, Lowry to Philly, Horford to GSW with Philly and Toronto throwing a bunch of young players and picks to the Warriors but Masai is too smart for that

So we start with Toronto giving the best player and getting the worst, and then they give away [Terence Davis, I guess] for the privilege.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

morestuff posted:

Wiggins is from Canada!!

i always hate that poo poo from fans and pundits alike

“don’t you think x team wants hometown hero?” sure maybe but it’s mostly for the same reason any fanbase rallies around a player: hopefully they’ll help the team and embrace the city and community and stay there for a long time while continuing to be good

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I mean I do say "Toronto would not do this" in the op

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Everyone is sitting around bored so started whirring away on batshit trade theories. Toronto is the 2 seed, why are they blowing poo poo up so the 76ers can get LaMelo?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

Everyone is sitting around bored so started whirring away on batshit trade theories. Toronto is the 2 seed, why are they blowing poo poo up so the 76ers can get LaMelo?

I think the "trade" would have Toronto getting Lamelo.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

i always hate that poo poo from fans and pundits alike

“don’t you think x team wants hometown hero?” sure maybe but it’s mostly for the same reason any fanbase rallies around a player: hopefully they’ll help the team and embrace the city and community and stay there for a long time while continuing to be good

I can kind of see the point if the team is tanking and if you have to pay someone, you might as well pay someone that has some off-court appeal rather than some other dude. I see no reason why the Raptors in their current incarnation would be that team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
there are definitely things to like about lamelo but blowing up a very good team to move up in this draft is a terrible idea and i don't think this raptor front office does very many terrible ideas

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I think the "trade" would have Toronto getting Lamelo.

Despite misreading it, it's still dumb.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Guys I really want to sit on my couch and watch some first round upsets right now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jim boylen is available in a trade scenario

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

do the bulls have enough draft capital to pay someone to take him

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Carlosologist posted:

Simmons would probably be okay in Milwaukee so I don’t mind the idea on paper.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
drat the fair weather fans are so disheartened by this season that they want to move their own team to Milwaukee?? Makes sense ngl

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Zoloft can we get a maths check on this please?

https://twitter.com/espnstatsinfo/status/1257471473813504000?s=21

Not gonna lie, 1-in-72000 is some pretty impressive stuff

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Antetokounmpo's resigning in Milwaukee. Next best shot is Toronto, but that's like 5% if he wants to live in a country not currently trying to murder itself. And better food and culture.

In the past week, Draymond has demonstrated what Golden State is, and it's not pretty. Sign here as the best player, win multiple championships for the team, and have this guy complain the whole time about how they don't need you, and backstab you when you take his advice and leave. GS can't get rid of him on that terrible contract.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Maneck posted:

Antetokounmpo's resigning in Milwaukee. Next best shot is Toronto, but that's like 5% if he wants to live in a country not currently trying to murder itself. And better food and culture.

In the past week, Draymond has demonstrated what Golden State is, and it's not pretty. Sign here as the best player, win multiple championships for the team, and have this guy complain the whole time about how they don't need you, and backstab you when you take his advice and leave. GS can't get rid of him on that terrible contract.

Counterpoint: Giannis is obsessed with Stephen Curry and also wants to win championships. He’s demanding a trade to Golden State.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
Curious about CBA stuff, can an NBA team trade away bad executive assets for a player? Like I know Doc Rivers was traded but if a team had Derek Fished type coach on a terrible 6 year contract paying $30 mil could that team trade the coach with a 1st round pick just to save the money.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Oceanlife posted:

Curious about CBA stuff, can an NBA team trade away bad executive assets for a player? Like I know Doc Rivers was traded but if a team had Derek Fished type coach on a terrible 6 year contract paying $30 mil could that team trade the coach with a 1st round pick just to save the money.

yes, but like no one gives a poo poo about coaching contracts.

All it costs the team is money, which in most cases is negligible. The only reason they care about player contract is a salary cap. There is no coach salary cap

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

At the very end of this 94 Suns/Warriors playoff game, as the Warriors got swept at home, their own PA announcer energetically says "See you next year!"

Plus they didn't get back to the playoffs for like 13 more years

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

Dexo posted:

yes, but like no one gives a poo poo about coaching contracts.

All it costs the team is money, which in most cases is negligible. The only reason they care about player contract is a salary cap. There is no coach salary cap

Right, but I'm thinking about people like the Phoenix suns owner. He was selling away draft picks for cash in steve nash's prime. I could imagine he would be like "hey anyone want to take 10 million dollars in lovely executive contracts for a first round pick" and a rich team like the Clipper would say yes. Then Balmer could have the lovely executives working the cotton candy machine while they wait for their contracts to run out.

Just shocked that hasn't happened if it's legal.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

R.D. Mangles posted:

We'll give you Stanley Johnson and use him as a waterboy.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Maloofs traded #5 pick rookie Thomas Robinson while they were on the way out for a pile of spare parts and cash. Granted you could tell early on Thomas Robinson wasn't going to be very good but still

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/timelesssports_/status/1257504950260826113?s=21

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
An oldie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-dASYRna7s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

TSN is airing game 7 of the 2016 finals, and I'm almost tearing up with how much I miss watching teams beat the crap out of Golden State