Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

iospace posted:

Hey friends, we have a visitor from another area of the forums: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918699

Give them a nice welcome!

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
As a kid I sent out bball cards to all my favorite PGs with a note saying why I liked their game(I love point guards ok) and Nick Van E was the only one to sign the card and he even wrote a nice note in return. So I like him a lot

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

That's not a very good joke

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MelancholyMark posted:

Love to get push notifications about how there is totally nothing wrong with the team no sir

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1257787420847886338?s=20

Yikes

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Some unimpeachable evidence right there

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmfao so Paxson has just as much influence as ever but now they just have to refer to him as "the ownership And John Paxson"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

big boi posted:

Look I'll eat the poo poo outta some deep dish but I think we may have stumbled on the smoking gun of it being Not Pizza: you can microwave it and it's one tenth as good as it was fresh

Microwaving pizza is the sign of a diseased mind

[AvoidingThePuddle voice] Buy a Pizzazz

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I only want pizza with the little pepperonis that crisp up on the edges and turn into cups

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zogo posted:

Just eat cheese sticks and anchovies simultaneously. Basically the same thing.

Ham and pineapple pizza is magnifico. :discourse:

This is why a computer should not form opinions about food

Also this convo fuckin sucks can we get over pizza already and talk about baklava or something worthy

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

KD twitter fighting with randos is way healthier than just about anything Jordan did, imo.

I don't particularly like pineapple on pizza (but it doesn't make me mad or anything) but I do like it with actually hot jalapenos.

Be the change. Post your Baklava opinions for us to ridicule.

Persian baklava with rosewater/pistachios ftw

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's always fun to chuckle at Robert Sarver https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/gi3it3/suns_owner_robert_sarver_after_jayson_tatum_made/

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Sarver is terrible but there is no way they were getting Tatum no matter how much they wanted him.

During workouts the Celtics were trying to trade down so you never know but it's mostly just to laugh at Sarver interrupting a shooting drill streak and thinking that adding another scorer to complement Devin Booker is a bad thing

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Algund Eenboom posted:

A good question would be, how many championships are won by teams whose first, second, or third best player is in their rookie contract

Thats tough cuz to get young great prospects you usually have to suck in the first place and it's tough to turn a team around that hugely in the span of a rookie contract

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Algund Eenboom posted:

I did a bit of cursory looking up ages, and some prominent examples seem to be
-19 raptors (e40 voice: paskal siakam, 24 y.a.)
-14 spurs (kawhi, 23)
-06 heat (wade, 24)
-99 spurs (duncan, 23)
-80 lakers (magic, 21)
-71 bucks (kareem, 24)

I wonder if it was more common in the pre-aba era, when rookies tended to be upperclassmen and more physically developed

Could have been the Bucks this year but it's a shame the season is over. Completely

Brolander posted:

did you ever dig out your cards

Ooh I forgot, my bad, I'm going over to my dad's house on Thursday so I'll grab the box then

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

Who on the bucks is on a rookie deal? Idgi

Was looking more at Giannis' age than his contract technicalities cuz he just turned 25 this season but you're right about that for sure, he's been in the league longer than I remembered

e: Real answer though. WHITE DONTE

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Strawberry Panda posted:

LeBron saw the buys for that UFC PPV and is rushing to get players back for that payday.

What

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

I always thought they were a little softer and gave a friendly bounce but could be in my head.

Its in your head, your heaaaad
Spalding, spalding

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

Were those the things that got tatum to ruin his game for a year

No, that's called "Kyrie Irving"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
gently caress you Billy! But also thank you for the motivation

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...hree-years.html

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

havelock posted:

It's incredibly cool and you should go see it if you ever get the chance.

If you ever told me you wanted to bring me under a bridge to look at a bunch of bats I would have you ARRESTED

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If you stand under bats they poop on you and that's a fact jack

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/status/1263233058662203393
"His wife, Australian netball great Renae Ingles, is expecting their third child and four-year-old son Jacob has autism and a weakened immune system."

I wonder how many players would rather not play like Ingles. I don't see how anyone could think he is doing anything but the right decision.

Wow can't believe he loving hates Rudy too

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

In the last two months, we found out this is worse for kids than expected. I wonder if he would just not have his family go to Orlando with him.

Refusing to let your kids live at Disneyworld is grounds for parental divorce

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Ringer is a very stupid website but even for them an article/section about how great Derrick Rose's per 36 minute stats are is pretty rough. Per 36 stats are mostly useful for trying to make your rookie bigs seem better than they are

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think they're just having fun. That website has stooped to posting game of thrones fan fiction because they have not a loving thing to write about. Hopefully fawning articles about spotify exclusive true crime podcasts???

Derrick Rose's fantastic off the dribble three point shooting and evolved vision as a passer have made him really good. He gets worn out playing more than 20 minutes a game. If you have someone else to play 26 minutes or so he'll be tearing mixed bench/starter units to pieces.

Oh yeah I forgot to talk about the game of thrones fanfiction. That was a shocking development and I can't believe it happened. I really want basketball back my man

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

cp3 is winning a championship because ive decided that the new arbitrary rule is every team must play a 34 year old for 30 minutes every game

Let me tell you about a well rested LeBron James

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
The Bucks are frauds so I expect the 8th seed to upset them, let them in. Immediately

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
John Lawyer

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I knew I was always right for disliking him for petty reasons

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

You are such a dope

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
They're not gonna stick the NBA players in the lowest budget lodgings on the entire Disney property

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bip Roberts posted:

De'Aaron's rocking a little Flava Flav there.

That is not De"Aaron Fox

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

While I like this guys energy, playing basketball on the street with random people is not a very good idea, hand sanitizer won't really do much (since you're breathing).

I guess we're just past this Corona thing though, huh?

In approximately 7 days the conversation will swing back to insane coronavirus spikes so just hold on to your rear end

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Good thing the Grizz have a very hard schedule

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

Didn't we figure out a few weeks ago that Jonathan Isaac would beat Larry Bird 1on1 or was that someone else?

Larry Bird would be good at 1v1

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Zach Lavine was just asked about his thoughts on Boylen and he responded "I know for a fact he tried his best"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

verbal enema posted:

yo yall need to check oit the riot thread i rally feel like some of yall do not care

not my bizz to say this but i will.

Speak in solidarity please speak

Hey gently caress you man, you don't know anything about what anyone in this thread is doing!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
[takes your keys away]

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

just kidding boylen looks like he hasnt even been in the same room as a push up for 20 years

Not needed, you push down on punch clocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Shoot it you loving hobbit