Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lol
https://twitter.com/munzly/status/1256289328726183937?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1256322465220853761?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

You could squeeze 15-20 highly rated reality shows out of that situation.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dutchy posted:

I never really knew as a kid if Van Exel was good or not but I liked him because he stood really far behind the line while shooting free throws (something I would imitate a lot in the hopes that maybe it'd make me better at free throws somehow) and he was my mom's 2nd favorite player behind Patrick Ewing
He was one of those guards who would have bumped into a higher echelon (i.e. multiple ASGs) if he had cut out the lovely midrange shots and taken more 3s. I think he really could have been a stronger, more physical version of Kemba Walker in today's NBA.

He also has an amazing mixtape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIOHzrJgipg

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Zogo posted:

Michael Jordan Turned Down $100 Million to Appear at an Event for 2 Hours, Former Agent Says
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/michael-jordan-turned-down-100-170729565.html

MJJ could've donated all that $$$ but decided to spend two hours smoking a cigar instead...or something like that.

Would you go to Pyongyang for two hours for $100 million?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Algund Eenboom posted:

You do realize they have tours and everything right

Pretty sure the Dear Leader isn't hyper-obsessed with random tourists like he is with the Chicago Bulls and MJ.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/inpredict/status/1254471488578568197?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

kalensc posted:

The Last Dance going beyond the television and creating entertaining content in real life.

Thomas is so dang dumb. Bad Boys corrupted basketball and then ravaged ITs brains.

He was on Jalen and Jacoby last week and he's become an insanely bitter human being.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1257130494304673792?s=19

It's the Chicago version of Lakers Guy.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Gonna have to see some tongue....
Gif, but no tongue.
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1257130545080700928?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lockback posted:

Everyone is sitting around bored so started whirring away on batshit trade theories. Toronto is the 2 seed, why are they blowing poo poo up so the 76ers can get LaMelo?

I think the "trade" would have Toronto getting Lamelo.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Hirez posted:

yea you resign when you do shameful things, or buy a bigger ring

If it's shameful enough, you re-sign with a new spouse.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dexo posted:

Like are we just supposed to accept this as not crazy?

Am I crazy?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/1258096297246109698?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Looks like the Alien chest buster is popping out of Larry's knee.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

:captainpop:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

If GSW acquires Giannis somehow, we're going to have to listen to him mouth off for loving years.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1258899271425949696?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/SixersAdam/status/1258809198730756098?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

big boi posted:

This post starts out fine and keeps getting worse

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Pizza is good.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

The only bad pizza is St. Louis pizza, which is not a pizza but a crime against god, humanity, and human decency.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

As I'm currently living in California, I must ask, what is California style pizza?

Also, the one place by me that did Detroit Style closed down a few months ago. Last time I was there they were replaying Game 2 of the 2012 Finals and it was awesome.

CSP is a thin crust that's basically an amalgamation of NY style and Mediterranean style pizza with an emphasis on Californian ingredients.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

the best style of pizza is Ohio Valley Pizza and I will fight to the death defend this opinion weakly through text

What does it look like once it's cooked?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

honestly ham doesn’t add a whole lot to the proceedings that sausage or pepperoni wouldn’t do better

pineapple is a fine topping on pizza

I think you'd still have a nice pizza, but those two are paired purposefully. A proper Hawaiian should use a sugar cured ham to pair with the pineapple sugar.

This is also why apple sauce is so commonly used as a side dish when ham is the main course.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Katana_Warrior posted:

let's set up a Kevin Durant honeypot and trick him into posting on a dying internet forum

We've probably already done that without knowing it.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lockback posted:

Be the change. Post your Baklava opinions for us to ridicule.

Please God no.

Baklava chat is a Pandora's box for many reasons.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Metapod posted:

Also how does anyone not like Kareem? He keeps mostly to himself and when he does speak up its like for civil rights

He's insanely pretentious+sour.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

50 points on 39 shots is really good lol what are you doing

The media didn't like him because he was an opinionated black guy who didn't like talking to them so the narrative of him being a jerk got set pretty early. He probably suffered a lot by comparison being next to Magic for the most high profile part of his career too.

That narrative carries for the 60s and 70s, but he really does have some sort of personality disorder a la Rick Barry.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Metapod posted:

Nothing you said here makes sense lmao

Lol.

In one of those games Wilt took a grand total of 3 shots.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1260306014940942337?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1260405299212681217?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

Boat Playoffs would be cool and good imo

Hold the Finals on the Carl Vinson.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

I want a match vs an Erdogan lookalike.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

Is Shams of Iranian decent ? I’ve always wondered

Pretty sure he's Indian.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

He is unstuck in time, they are all both dead and alive

I tried for 15 minutes to make a "time" joke and I'm glad I erased everything because this is sooooooo much better than anything I wrote.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

JJ "Lebron Destroyer" Barea

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

e: and I guess part of this is that this was pre-negotiated in the NBA's force majeure clause, but similar extenuating benefits aren't extended to the players (it's sort of ridiculous that only one side's $ is protected by extenuating circumstances) and that was under their purview in a re-negotiation.

What?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

remember that all white fashion shoot where he looked like an amish alien

He looked like Grace Jones doing a fashion shoot.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

No, that's called "Kyrie Irving"

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

speaking of dipshits who are gonna lose all their money on pretend internet bucks, that harlabob guy is apparently a coronavirus truther

That does not surprise me given the combination of personality and profession.