Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

MourningView posted:

It's weird because in the 90s Krause seemed like he was ahead of the curve in wanting versatile lineups who could go small and lots of shooting (relatively speaking) but then in the rebuild he went totally center crazy.

The 96 sonics that the 96 bulls played against in the finals were a much more modern team than anything Krause put together. That Sonics team played 4-out basketball all the time to the point that their only non-shooter was Kemp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Lockback posted:

Marion was like 32, he wasn't peak but he was still really good. Kidd was still alright also! Though obviously even further from peak, although I am kinda flabbergasted he was only 1 season removed from the all-star team. I forgot Peja was on that team, lol.

I watched the series and while Kidd was definitely not athletic, the only one who really resembled a corpse to me was Peja, and Carlisle took him out pretty quickly as he really was a liability. Marion played really good switchy defense for that team and I don't think he was dead weight at all.

Terry also played very well and I found it hilarious that a double pick and roll with Terry, Brian Cardinal, and Dirk absolutely flummoxed the Heat defense.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Kwame's big problem offensively was always his hands, yeah. If he had any kind of touch he could take easier catches further out but since his entire offense would be roll man/garbage man stuff he just struggled.

I think on a team with more of a sense of developing players, Kwame could've been servicable but once he went to a Phil Jackson team that was that.

He actually had very nice footwork, especially late in his career though- there's a video where he just spins and dunks on Tim Duncan during his Warriors stint, but being a big body on post defense just isn't as marketable a skill any more.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dejan Bimble posted:

It was boring and essentially an attempt to recap his career for 8 episodes and maybe 2 episodes of stuff people may not have known. It seemed to me like brand building for nike, it's not the JORDAN TELLS ALL that it was half marketed as.

Most of the parts that are actually kinda funny in the MJ hagiography are already plastered all over the internet and it's not really worth sitting through the rest of the dreck to get there. I don't know how they made Dennis Rodman boring, but they did.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm more worried about the Clippers. The Lakers (though they would still win) have enough bigs that are uncomfortable playing away from the rim and aren't that great shooting threes as a team which is what the Rockets approach relies on. The Clippers just have endless wings (insert Lou Williams joke here) that can swtich and contest shots at the rim or the 3-pt line, and play efficiently on offense, especially when guarded by someone smaller. They're big enough to bully Houston on offense, but not so big that they get lost or tired trying to keep up with the Rockets' pace.

It's weird watching joakim noah playing basketball in the year 2020